deirdre76

interview and evidence to bring.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Stupid question. I've been a pr for 9 years and just applied for citizenship now. I still put i was doing it under marriage since that's how I got my AOS. I know I could have clicked the other box but I didn't.

I put our tax returns in there. Do you think I still should get all the stuff that says we're still married (bank statement etc) or will I be ok?

I guess I should still bring the stuff just in case right?

I feel like I'm going through the AOS again, paperwork, fingerprints, evidence. ugh. Almost over :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Stupid question. I've been a pr for 9 years and just applied for citizenship now. I still put i was doing it under marriage since that's how I got my AOS. I know I could have clicked the other box but I didn't.

I put our tax returns in there. Do you think I still should get all the stuff that says we're still married (bank statement etc) or will I be ok?

I feel like I'm going through the AOS again, paperwork, fingerprints, evidence. ugh. Almost over :)

After reading the difference between the evidence required for the three year marriage and five year, was almost tempted to wait another couple of years. LOL, almost took me that long to gather all the evidence for the marriage privilege. Why don't you just forgo the marriage privilege, you don't need it with nine years under your belt.

Timeline

After reading the difference between the evidence required for the three year marriage and five year, was almost tempted to wait another couple of years. LOL, almost took me that long to gather all the evidence for the marriage privilege. Why don't you just forgo the marriage privilege, you don't need it with nine years under your belt.

like i said because that's how i got my green card so i just checked it. I'll get all that stuff, it won't be too bad. After 9 years, we got a bunch of stuff ;)

I applied after 7 years of being a PR. I still sent in all the joint docs. Doesn't hurt and with the USCIS better safe than sorry.

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Timeline

Thanks! I sent our tax returns (mailed it off right after doing this years taxes), deed to the house, bank account. I'll just get more.

I'll just get more info, shouldn't be too painful since i have a few months anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I just put together all the documents which I want to bring to my interview. Now I thought we had a checklist here in the forum, unfortunately I can't find it and for some reason I can't get the search function to work. Does anybody have a link?

I have following originals:

My NOAs & invitation for the interview

Greencard

Driver's License

Passports

Passport pictures

Birth certificate of U.S. citizen husband

Birth certificates of U.S. citizen children

My birth certificate

Marriage certificate

Military orders (we were stationed overseas)

Lease

Car Titles with both names on them

Utility bills with both names on them

Bank statement of joint bank accounts

Tax returns & tax transcripts for joint returns for the past six years

Copies of our changes of address

Travel itineraries

Am I missing anything important? I didn't have any traffic violations. And I didn't register with Selective Service since I'm female.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Thanks! I sent our tax returns (mailed it off right after doing this years taxes), deed to the house, bank account. I'll just get more.

I'll just get more info, shouldn't be too painful since i have a few months anyways.

I used the Document Checklist in the M-476 Guide to Naturalization (see the 2 pages after p47, called M-477).

As I'm using the marriage requirement, I just sent in:

• Two passport-size photos
  • Copy of front and back of Permanent Resident card
  • Copy of inside front cover and signature page of US passport of my US citizen spouse
  • Copy of current marriage certificate
  • Copy of 2005, 2006 and 2007 joint federal US tax return records
  • Copy of divorce decree from previous spouse

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
I just put together all the documents which I want to bring to my interview. Now I thought we had a checklist here in the forum, unfortunately I can't find it and for some reason I can't get the search function to work. Does anybody have a link?

I have following originals:

My NOAs & invitation for the interview

Greencard

Driver's License

Passports

Passport pictures

Birth certificate of U.S. citizen husband

Birth certificates of U.S. citizen children

My birth certificate

Marriage certificate

Military orders (we were stationed overseas)

Lease

Car Titles with both names on them

Utility bills with both names on them

Bank statement of joint bank accounts

Tax returns & tax transcripts for joint returns for the past six years

Copies of our changes of address

Travel itineraries

Am I missing anything important? I didn't have any traffic violations. And I didn't register with Selective Service since I'm female.

Besides the last three years' tax returns and our marriage certificate and my husband's birth certificate I sent in

Health insurance policies that document that I was covered under my husband's policy (medical and dental)

Documents that show my husband is the beneficiary of my retirement and term-life insurance accounts

Lease with both our names on it

Auto insurance with both our names on it

12/30/1999 -marriage to a US Citizen

01/31/2005 - applied for AOS (sent documents to Chicago lockbox)

03/21/2005 - Biometrics and fingerprinting done in Norfolk

11/14/2005 - Interview letter dated November 7th is received

01/23/2006 - Interview at Washington DC - APPROVED

02/03/2006 - RECEIVED MY PERMENANT RESIDENT CARD

10/31/2008 - Filed N400 at TSC

11/04/2008 - Application Received

11/28/2008 - Fingerprinting done in Norfolk VA

02/23/2009 - Interview in Dallas TX - not enough evidence on marriage -given till 03/23/2009 to submit all the necessary documents

2009 - CITIZEN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.