Chuckles

NVC processing

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
In all of my jobs we always knew where any case/file/job was in any process. Any customer could call and ask and we could track things down and let them know where things stood. I've worked for small organizations, non-profits, huge corporations, and city, county, and state governments.

Why can't USCIS do this?

Because the USCIS is not a private company. A private company has incentives like staying in business so they try to keep their customers happy. The government, on the other hand, has a monopoly on this "service" with no incentive to perform except perhaps a voter overhaul. But nobody wins an election on improving USCIS efficiency.

Lastly in terms of efficiency the government is not. From a philosophical point of view the government must serve other principals and that makes it inherently inefficient.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
In all of my jobs we always knew where any case/file/job was in any process. Any customer could call and ask and we could track things down and let them know where things stood. I've worked for small organizations, non-profits, huge corporations, and city, county, and state governments. Why can't USCIS do this?

This is like asking, "Why the ###### can't the government mind its own business and stay the hell out of mine?"

Answer: It just can't.

The answer is so simple that it is hardly understandable or believable - and yet - you have no choice. The sooner you accept this, the better off you will be.

Cheers!

AKDiver

p.s.: And no, the U.S. Constitution has not actually meant anything in a long, long time.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Imagine if tracking case numbers were like tracking the shipping status of your package through UPS, FedEx, or DHL? Wouldn't that be nice?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Imagine if tracking case numbers were like tracking the shipping status of your package through UPS, FedEx, or DHL? Wouldn't that be nice?

The government using some of the trillions of dollars it prints to forgive my student loans instead of wasting it around the globe would be nice too, but I'm not counting on it.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Our case has made it through processing at the NVC as of July 7 !! :dance:

That is a total of 22 days from the NOA2 date, so it appears the NVC is flowing 'normally' despite any new IMBRA regs.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Great news chuckles!!!

Very soon (well, I don't know about VERY soon... but in the next couple of weeks) you'll see that website update, and you'll have an interview date!

Get that I-134 stuff sent ASAP!!! (If you haven't done it already.) I had to get Elena's interview pushed back because I was a chopf##k and sent it through USPS right before her interview. (Which in retrospect wasn't such a bad deal, Russian Post dropped the ball, and held it at the office for two weeks before she finally called them to find out where the hell it was.... just a word of advice if you do use USPS, write her phone number on the envelope!!!) Or just use FedEx/DHL/UPS, that way you have a tracking number that actually works. If you send it now though, you should be able to get it to her in plenty of time for only $16 or so via USPS.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I am lucky enough to be seeing my SO very soon as we will be vacationing together in Spain. I plan on taking all documents with me and hand delivering them :P That way there will be no dealing with the Russian post...

But very good advice and will use that if I forget something !! I am sure it will come in handy.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

chuckles... is she going to give you a tracking number???

Have fun on your vacation. That's awesome that you get to hand-carry your docs to your girl and enjoy some time together. (I forgot you've been on here the last couple weeks talking about your upcoming meeting.) Spain is really nice. Enjoy yourselves.

Русский форум член.

Great news chuckles!!!

Very soon (well, I don't know about VERY soon... but in the next couple of weeks) you'll see that website update, and you'll have an interview date!

Get that I-134 stuff sent ASAP!!! (If you haven't done it already.) I had to get Elena's interview pushed back because I was a chopf##k and sent it through USPS right before her interview. (Which in retrospect wasn't such a bad deal, Russian Post dropped the ball, and held it at the office for two weeks before she finally called them to find out where the hell it was.... just a word of advice if you do use USPS, write her phone number on the envelope!!!) Or just use FedEx/DHL/UPS, that way you have a tracking number that actually works. If you send it now though, you should be able to get it to her in plenty of time for only $16 or so via USPS.

Actually USPS has a global express option which I used when I learned the letter of intent had to be an actual letter, thanks to VJ, which I discovered shortly after my trip! :o

This option allows tracking and is MUCH faster then air mail. I knew when the package left the US and when it cleared Russia's Customs House! All together about 2 weeks and about 2 weeks faster then air!

It was about $25 to mail the letter to Olga (she returned it Russian Express Mail which was just as fast! It was very expensive from a Russian point of view at 1200р)! I also mailed her a copy of the packet sent to USCIS this way! I intend to send the originals and the I-134 this way as well!

Edited by Marc and Olga

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

I am curious how long it takes (generally) for a K1 petition to clear the NVC and make it to the Moscow consulate. How long did you guys wait for? Also, do they notify you when they recieve and send it?

Our timeline is not the best to be compared to as file was lost (misplaced) for 85 days making total days from NOA2 to "receivied by consulate" 94 days. :wacko:

How did they bother them to know it was lost? Please let us know too. Cause it seems to be so long for us and no e-mails to USCIS neither to NVC help. :(( Look at our timeline. Thanks.

Mari

K-1 Visa Process

27th of Aug 2004 - got acquainted

24th of Dec 2005 - spent Xmas holidays together

4th of Feb 2006 - sent I-129F petition to Texas Service Center

14th of Feb - lost our personal letters, resent even more

28th of Feb - California Service Center received our case (received date of NOA1)

6th of March - NOA1 (notice date)

1st of May - NOA2 (first one)

26th of June - NOA2 (second one, no RFE!)

27th of June - *touched*

11th of July - *touched again*

12th of July - reply from NVC (don't have our case yet) :((

14th-21th of August -FINALLY made CSC sent out our case to NVC!!!

28st of August - letter from NVC confirming our case will be sent to Moscow Embassy within a week.

8th of September - Moscow Embassy replied they still don't have it :'(

1st of October - Yellow package has been sent

4th of October - Date of the interview: 7th of December

Rescheduled date of interview on EARLIER date (due to kid's school exams): 17th of October 2006!

17th of Ocotber - Stressful interview has successfully GONE!

20th of October - got passport with visas at the office DHL on Tverskaya st.

22th of October - WE'RE TOGETHER AT LAST! WOOOOO-HOOOOO!

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Actually USPS has a global express option which I used when I learned the letter of intent had to be an actual letter, thanks to VJ, which I discovered shortly after my trip! :o

This option allows tracking and is MUCH faster then air mail. I knew when the package left the US and when it cleared Russia's Customs House! All together about 2 weeks and about 2 weeks faster then air!

It was about $25 to mail the letter to Olga (she returned it Russian Express Mail which was just as fast! It was very expensive from a Russian point of view at 1200р)! I also mailed her a copy of the packet sent to USCIS this way! I intend to send the originals and the I-134 this way as well!

I've sent a couple-dozen things over there via USPS Global Express during the last 2 years, and every envelope was delivered within a week. Not bad for about $25. Providing a phone number is important.

from Andrew

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've sent a couple-dozen things over there via USPS Global Express during the last 2 years, and every envelope was delivered within a week. Not bad for about $25. Providing a phone number is important.

Looks like things are moving along!

I will be in St Peterburg Sept 1 to Sept 5. If anyone needs docs delivered....

USPS - no tracking - great price (once you bite your nails wondering where it is)

FEDEX - great tracking - expensive

going to try some DHL next

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey John,

It seems you owe me a new computer. Yeah, that’s right.

I looked at your timeline, then I looked at my timeline, then I looked at your timeline again, then I look at my timeline again, then I yelled very loudly and beat on my computer.

Now I need a new one.

from Andrew

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.