Chuckles

NVC processing

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I am curious how long it takes (generally) for a K1 petition to clear the NVC and make it to the Moscow consulate. How long did you guys wait for? Also, do they notify you when they recieve and send it?

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
I am curious how long it takes (generally) for a K1 petition to clear the NVC and make it to the Moscow consulate. How long did you guys wait for? Also, do they notify you when they recieve and send it?

It was 4 months for us between NVC and interview, though the State Dept told me the interview date on the phone while the file was still at the NVC (202- DC number).

Normal would be 2-6 months for K-1 petitions.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

It took 9 days from our NOA2 date at CSC until NVC acknowledged receiving our file. NVC kept it for about 11 days, and then they sent it on to Moscow. Moscow received it about a week later, and then about a week after that we knew our interview date and my fiancee had her packet in the mail.

It goes very quick - altogether it was less then 30 days after our NOA2 date that the Moscow consulate had our file and the interview was scheduled.

I got notice from NVC about two weeks after NOA II, it took about 3 weeks for the Moscow embassy site to udate with our case number on it. Then, the interview was about 6 weeks after that. All in all, it was about 3 months from NOA II. (This was pre-IMBRA, I think now it's taking around 6 months.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
I got notice from NVC about two weeks after NOA II, it took about 3 weeks for the Moscow embassy site to udate with our case number on it. Then, the interview was about 6 weeks after that. All in all, it was about 3 months from NOA II. (This was pre-IMBRA, I think now it's taking around 6 months.)

Oh! I didn't realize IMBRA had an effect on NVC processing. Thanks for the info.

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This is my post of resolving the NVC no confirmation letter.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18363

Also, I believe my signature timeline has the info in it.

I just got an email from the embassy today giving the interview date.

The packet they claim was mailed on 6/9 and it's not yet arrived.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18363

Larry and Maria

Timeline

Ok then, it appears NVC will not be effected by IMBRA. Thanks!

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

I meant about three months from NOA II to interview, not from NOA II to NVC. (That's pretty quick! Even the embassy update doesn't take too long.)

It only took our case about three months, but I heard now that IMBRA is in effect, it's taking about six months total from NOA II to interview date.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

08-Jan-05 to 09-Mar-05 (60 days): NSC (I-129F) Phase (day 60, approved)

09-Mar-05 to 31-Mar-2005 (22 days):National Visa Center Phase (day 86, approved)

31-Mar-05 to 5-Jul 2005 (96 days):Embassy Phase (day 182, K-1 Visa Approved!!!)

NVC sent notice when they approved it and sent to embassy.

Embassy sends fiancee paperwork whenever they get the packet from NVC.

Note - timelines above are all pre-IMBRA, my guess is that everything takes longer now. Last I heard there was a backup of 10,000 people at NVC.

Good luck!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline

It seems Larry and Maria did about the same as most others in terms of time from NOA2 to interview date, and their case was sent to the NVC post IMBRA too, so perhaps it is not having a major impact there.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
It seems Larry and Maria did about the same as most others in terms of time from NOA2 to interview date, and their case was sent to the NVC post IMBRA too, so perhaps it is not having a major impact there.

Our Priority Date aka NOA1 Receipt Date is 1 March 2006 so we JUST made it under the IMBRA date!!

Let me know if you need more info.

We're still awaiting the infamous Packet 3. 3 weeks should be June 30 this coming Saturday. We'll see.

Larry and Maria

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Our timeline is not the best to be compared to as file was lost (misplaced) for 85 days making total days from NOA2 to "receivied by consulate" 94 days. :wacko:

K1

07-18-05 NOA1

08-06-05 NOA2

11-02-05 Petition arrives NVC, lost 85 Days after NOA2!

02-15-06 Interview Moscow (Visa approved)

02-20-06 Visa received

02-27-06 Arrives USA - POE Dallas

AOS

04-03-06 NOA1

04-17-06 Biometrics

07-20-06 Success!

LIFE

03-04-06 Married!

02-07-07 Our daughter is born!

08-01-07 Inlaws visit for 26 days.

06-03-09 Our Son is born!

09-20-09 Mother in-law for 2.5 months.

Remove Conditions

05-13-08 NOA1

06-12-08 Biometrics

04-08-09 Success!

Naturalization

04-23-09 Mailed N400

04-29-09 NOA1

05-20-09 Biometrics

07-22-09 Interview Success!

09-23-09 Oath

Timeline

Our timeline is not the best to be compared to as file was lost (misplaced) for 85 days making total days from NOA2 to "receivied by consulate" 94 days. :wacko:

Ah wow... another story about one of the immigration services that just makes you go humm.... Anyway, Congrats on your marriage and soon to be new baby. I wish you the best of luck with your next journey.

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is exactly what I'm saying. If you can't even check the status of your application, then things like files being lost will happen, and you will be wasting time twiddling your thumbs instead of being able to assure that your file is not lost and that it is indeed in the process. Right now, you wouldn't even find out your file was lost until months after it became lost, because of the system keeping you from being able to do a true status check on your file.

In all of my jobs we always knew where any case/file/job was in any process. Any customer could call and ask and we could track things down and let them know where things stood. I've worked for small organizations, non-profits, huge corporations, and city, county, and state governments.

Why can't USCIS do this?

Sorry guys but it's another night alone, four months no word and I'm sad, discouraged, frustrated, anxious, the works.

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Hello,

well i m having the problem from the same box...

I m waiting for my NOA2 for 4 monthes... and still nothing...

Now it seems to me that approval of my petition it is the thing from fantastic's world... :wacko:

but i hope the things turns on the good way and wish you good luck too!

Dont be sad :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.