16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

3/2/2009 We traveled 3 hours in a severe snow storm to get to our interview not knowing if the would be open. Once we arrived there was no on street parking because of the snow storm we had to park across the street and pay $40.00 we had our 2 month old daughter with us. we entered the building went through security check point and proceeded to rm e160 to check in we presented our appointment letter for interview and they ask for birth certificate for our daughter and asked were there any arrest reports to submit.

After that we proceeded to room E170 to wait for our interview our appointment was at 10am and we arrived at 9:15am my wife started bottle feeding are daughter and about 5 min into it a gentleman called our name to proceed down the hall to his interview cubical its this big long hallway we near the end.

After we entered his cubical he smiled and said he didn't mean to interupt breakfast for the baby my wife continued to feed as he poured over our file

He swore is both in under oath. He asked me do I certify that the baby was my child? I said yes of course with a smile. He ask how did you met? Ask us for our Id's, and ask me was I married to my ex-wife and found the divorce decree in the file he had.

He asked my wife was she a terriorist and my wife said no then he ask do you still say no to all the questions asked when you submitted on the I-485 he started asking for example Are you a member of the communist party etc, My wife said no.

He asked me for our marrage certificate and I told him he should have it because I submitted the original and when he couldn't find it I provided him with photo copy that I sent with the original package. Photo copy your whole package when you apply for anything because they can misplace your documents.

I was waiting for him to ask for the medical I-693 but he left the cubical and when he came back he said do you have the updated medical records I said yes the enveloped was sealed he opened it verified everything and said you are approved. Wait out in the waiting are for you approval letter. 30 min later someone called my wifes name and presented her with the approval letter and said you should recieve your green card in about 2 weeks :kicking: :kicking: :kicking: They didn't ask me for lease,work letter bank statements,or Tax records, he didn't even ask for photos wow but its better to be over prepared than under prepared I am assuming that the Baby was proof enough. :dance::dance::dance:

Edited by LNC

Congratulations!!! :dance::dance:

AOS

01/15/09 - AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-693, I-864EZ) sent to Chicago lockbox thru FEDEX

01/16/09 - USCIS recieved AOS documents signed by V. Harris

01/23/09 - NOAs issued date

01/26/09 - Check cashed

01/30/09 - Received 3 NOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02/17/09 - Biometrics appointment

03/14/09 - Received interview letter

03/25/09 - EAD issued date

04/07/09 - Received EAD

04/14/09 - Interview date @ 10:00 AM (approved!)

04/27/09 - GC received (Thank you Lord!)

Removal of Condition

1/18/2011 - Submitted I-751

1/20/2011 - NOA Date

3/08/2011 - Late Biometrics (2/28/11 Bio appt)

6/28/2011 - Approval Date

7/01/2011 - Permanent Green Card Received

N-400 Citizenship

5/17/2012 - Submitted N-400

5/22/2012 - NOA Receipt Date

5/22/2012 - Check cashed

6/27/2012 - Biometrics

8/14/2012 - Interview Date 9:00AM (Passed)

9/11/2012 - Oathtaking 10:00AM @ TD Garden Boston

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge HIM, and He shall direct your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

How funny! We were there too yesterday for a 10.30 appointment! I wonder if that person I saw with the tiny baby was you?!!! We too were there with our (wild) 21 month old and had a good, easy interview! Congratulations!

N-400 Journey

June 9th 2012 - Application sent

June 14th 2012 - NOA sent

June 28th - Biometrics letter sent -- July 26th Appointment date

July 12th 2012 - Early Biometrics/Walk-in

August ( ) - Interview letter received -- September 14th Interview date

September 14th 2012 - Interview! Oath date in hand, September 20th @ noon!

Timeline
How funny! We were there too yesterday for a 10.30 appointment! I wonder if that person I saw with the tiny baby was you?!!! We too were there with our (wild) 21 month old and had a good, easy interview! Congratulations!

I think so I am sure it was us. Black guy with Filipina wife and small 2 month old. Congratulations! to you also. :dance::dance:

Congrats to you! My husband and I have his interview this month on the 25th in Boston, I hope our interview goes as smoothly!

Removal of Conditions

12/24/10 - Mailing I-751 Package!

12/27/10 - Package received at Vermont Service Center

12/31/10 - Check cashed

01/04/11 - Received NOA dated 12/28/10

01/27/11 - Bio Appointment (COMPLETE)

05/23/11 - Approved! Card Production Ordered!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That went very smooth. CONGRATULATIONS!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I'm tomorrow in Boston..hopefully I'll get a nice person too

Applying for Citizenship

17th January 2012 Sent in N-400 application

24th January 2012 Received conformation e-mail from USCIS

25th January 2012 Cheque cashed

13th February 2012 Biometrics appointment

5th March 2012 Received e-mail I am in line for interview scheduling

8th March 2012 Received letter for interview

12th April 2012 Interview date-approved

10th May 2012 Oath ceremony

Timeline
So glad to hear you made it ok into Boston, the weather was real bad yesterday morning and I kept think about you and your wife and new baby taveling.

Congrats on your approval.

Jon

Thank You for your thoughts. When I got home I was glad it was all over, on the way back the roads were clear. Note the interviewer said they rarely close the Federal Building in Boston it was good know.

Timeline

My words of advice to all going for interviews make sure you have copies of all your package you sent to the USCIS while our interview went well some other couples seem to have had some issues the cubicals are so close together you can hear what is going on next to you.

Relax, make eye contact, and be yourself. Maybe roleplay with your spouse before you go tell the truth and only answer the questions they ask. It seemed as people started telling more than what was asked it opened up more questions by the interviewer.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND PLEASE POST YOUR EXPERIENCE. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I think so I am sure it was us. Black guy with Filipina wife and small 2 month old. Congratulations! to you also. :dance::dance:

Here is my post with our Boston experience - I am from October filers so some people may have read it already...

So as you know, I was concerned because of the huge snowstorm we were having overnight. I was scared that the offices would close and we'd arrive to a canceled interview. We left on time and made our way to the office. When we got there, security was very tight. Jackets, belts etc had to come off, then walk through the metal detector or be wanded down. My daughter at 21 months had to get out of the stroller and walk through the detector by herself, which raised a smile.

We all used the restrooms and it was only then that I actually realized "Oh shoot! This is really going ahead! NOW!" It was 10.15 and we had a 10.30 appointment. We found the waiting room, checked in and then were sent to check in somewhere else too. The guy at the second place told me he'd pull my file and to go back to the first waiting room. As soon as we got back and sat down a door swung open and our last name was called at 10.30 on the nose!

Our interviewer was an older, heavy-set straight faced man and I almost ran over his feet with the stroller, which was quite comical. Okay, so on to the room. We get there and he swears us in. Then don't you know it, our daughter starts acting up! She is fussing and half-way crying and squirming to get down and I'm thinking "Is my nightmare really coming true?!!!" Once I settled her down, (very quickly!) the AO suddenly became so sweet and started talking to my daughter, and telling her "I know all about you!" Then he went on to tell us about his 10 Grandchildren...He shuffled papers and then asked for my passport, EAD and I-94 card. Checked off a few things on his paperwork, then asked my husband for his original birth certificate. His question to me was "Do you know his date of birth?" to which I replied "Yes." He waited for a half second and said "Do you want to tell me?!" It made us chuckle a little bit and he then asked my husband for my date of birth also. He then asked what my father's name was. Hmm, I thought that was kind of odd - wouldn't you ask what the spouse's parents name was?!!! So then he wanted to see our original marriage certificate and my husband's divorce certificate - and asked if my husband was only divorced once, then joked "What, was one time enough?!" to which my husband replied "Yes, one divorce is enough!" and it made the AO smile. He then started telling us how hard it was to go through a divorce and that he went through one himself, etc. etc. etc. Then went on to tell us what seemed like his whole life story, he's 66 and on his third career, how he came out of retirement because after his divorce he just laid around watching tv, eat and sleep. How he started his own business, how he is going to retire in Texas because his wife is Mexican and they will be able to take day trips to see her family! All this while he is going over my paperwork! And let me tell you this - I saw him very early on in the chit-chat/interview(!) stamp a big red "APPROVED" on the top of one of the papers! So for all intents and purposes, we were approved without all the fluff that we brought with us. I get the impression that he was really just verifying information infront of him. There was no inquisition, no blindfold or shooting squad - just a chat with Grandpa really! All said, he talked more about himself than we ever did. Almost at the end of the interview he said "Do you have anything with joint names on, like a bank statement?" So I was very deliberate in what I gave him, Health insurance, Dental insurance and a bank statement - that was it. Seems like he would have been okay with just the bank statement though. He glanced at it and turned to the photocopier beside him and before he could even lift the top I said "Oh those are copies - you can keep any of those..." He puffed up and said "Oh then that makes my job even easier!" He put them in my file and said to my husband "Well the good thing is, your wife is VERY organized!" and we all laughed. At this point my daughter was playing with the photo book we'd brought and she was trying to open it - the AO asked her "Oh do you have something you want me to look at?!" Clearly he wasn't bothered with photos though, so I didn't even offer them up any further.

So the last part, he asked me about three of the standard "Are you a terrorist" questions and then said "And just to make your husband happy - do you plan to practice Polygomy here in the United States?!" He did more paper shuffling, typed information into his computer and then said, "So it's a Conditional Residency card...blah, blah, blah" I don't even remember that part because I was so happy I tuned out, doing little dances in my head! kicking.gif When I tuned back in, he was telling me how important it is to lift the conditions or I could get deported and no they don't remind you to do it, etc. Then he told me "Your card should be in the mail in 2-3 weeks." When my husband asked him about us travelling, the AO told us that they used to stamp passports right away but since things are done so quickly now, they don't have to. AO told me that if I really want to travel and don't have the card, then to make an Infopass and they will give a temporary stamp.

That was it!!! He told us he'd walk us out, which he did and then we waited for about fifteen minutes in the waiting room for a letter which says I've been approved and became a Conditional Resident on that day (words to that effect...) Then off we went, back into the snow! Yesterday was a very good day... good.gif

N-400 Journey

June 9th 2012 - Application sent

June 14th 2012 - NOA sent

June 28th - Biometrics letter sent -- July 26th Appointment date

July 12th 2012 - Early Biometrics/Walk-in

August ( ) - Interview letter received -- September 14th Interview date

September 14th 2012 - Interview! Oath date in hand, September 20th @ noon!

Here is my post with our Boston experience - I am from October filers so some people may have read it already...

So as you know, I was concerned because of the huge snowstorm we were having overnight. I was scared that the offices would close and we'd arrive to a canceled interview. We left on time and made our way to the office. When we got there, security was very tight. Jackets, belts etc had to come off, then walk through the metal detector or be wanded down. My daughter at 21 months had to get out of the stroller and walk through the detector by herself, which raised a smile.

We all used the restrooms and it was only then that I actually realized "Oh shoot! This is really going ahead! NOW!" It was 10.15 and we had a 10.30 appointment. We found the waiting room, checked in and then were sent to check in somewhere else too. The guy at the second place told me he'd pull my file and to go back to the first waiting room. As soon as we got back and sat down a door swung open and our last name was called at 10.30 on the nose!

Our interviewer was an older, heavy-set straight faced man and I almost ran over his feet with the stroller, which was quite comical. Okay, so on to the room. We get there and he swears us in. Then don't you know it, our daughter starts acting up! She is fussing and half-way crying and squirming to get down and I'm thinking "Is my nightmare really coming true?!!!" Once I settled her down, (very quickly!) the AO suddenly became so sweet and started talking to my daughter, and telling her "I know all about you!" Then he went on to tell us about his 10 Grandchildren...He shuffled papers and then asked for my passport, EAD and I-94 card. Checked off a few things on his paperwork, then asked my husband for his original birth certificate. His question to me was "Do you know his date of birth?" to which I replied "Yes." He waited for a half second and said "Do you want to tell me?!" It made us chuckle a little bit and he then asked my husband for my date of birth also. He then asked what my father's name was. Hmm, I thought that was kind of odd - wouldn't you ask what the spouse's parents name was?!!! So then he wanted to see our original marriage certificate and my husband's divorce certificate - and asked if my husband was only divorced once, then joked "What, was one time enough?!" to which my husband replied "Yes, one divorce is enough!" and it made the AO smile. He then started telling us how hard it was to go through a divorce and that he went through one himself, etc. etc. etc. Then went on to tell us what seemed like his whole life story, he's 66 and on his third career, how he came out of retirement because after his divorce he just laid around watching tv, eat and sleep. How he started his own business, how he is going to retire in Texas because his wife is Mexican and they will be able to take day trips to see her family! All this while he is going over my paperwork! And let me tell you this - I saw him very early on in the chit-chat/interview(!) stamp a big red "APPROVED" on the top of one of the papers! So for all intents and purposes, we were approved without all the fluff that we brought with us. I get the impression that he was really just verifying information infront of him. There was no inquisition, no blindfold or shooting squad - just a chat with Grandpa really! All said, he talked more about himself than we ever did. Almost at the end of the interview he said "Do you have anything with joint names on, like a bank statement?" So I was very deliberate in what I gave him, Health insurance, Dental insurance and a bank statement - that was it. Seems like he would have been okay with just the bank statement though. He glanced at it and turned to the photocopier beside him and before he could even lift the top I said "Oh those are copies - you can keep any of those..." He puffed up and said "Oh then that makes my job even easier!" He put them in my file and said to my husband "Well the good thing is, your wife is VERY organized!" and we all laughed. At this point my daughter was playing with the photo book we'd brought and she was trying to open it - the AO asked her "Oh do you have something you want me to look at?!" Clearly he wasn't bothered with photos though, so I didn't even offer them up any further.

So the last part, he asked me about three of the standard "Are you a terrorist" questions and then said "And just to make your husband happy - do you plan to practice Polygomy here in the United States?!" He did more paper shuffling, typed information into his computer and then said, "So it's a Conditional Residency card...blah, blah, blah" I don't even remember that part because I was so happy I tuned out, doing little dances in my head! kicking.gif When I tuned back in, he was telling me how important it is to lift the conditions or I could get deported and no they don't remind you to do it, etc. Then he told me "Your card should be in the mail in 2-3 weeks." When my husband asked him about us travelling, the AO told us that they used to stamp passports right away but since things are done so quickly now, they don't have to. AO told me that if I really want to travel and don't have the card, then to make an Infopass and they will give a temporary stamp.

That was it!!! He told us he'd walk us out, which he did and then we waited for about fifteen minutes in the waiting room for a letter which says I've been approved and became a Conditional Resident on that day (words to that effect...) Then off we went, back into the snow! Yesterday was a very good day... good.gif

any new interview?

N-400

1/18 Documents sent to Texas

1/23 - NOA received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.