• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
How in any way am I being hostile?

It obviously was a misunderstanding of sorts, but I don't see the point of you adding to it by alluding that this place is nowt but smileys and vacuous conversation.

I mean really.

How dare you use complicated words to the masses!

Don't you know this place is but smileys and worthless drivvel!

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It obviously was a misunderstanding of sorts, but I don't see the point of you adding to it by alluding that this place is nowt but smileys and vacuous conversation.

I mean really.

I think you're trying to pick a fight, so I will back away. I did not mean to imply anything of the sort, and I'll leave it at that.

Filed: Timeline

I mean really.

I think you're trying to pick a fight, so I will back away. I did not mean to imply anything of the sort, and I'll leave it at that.

seriously, I am not trying to pick a fight...trust me. I am just commenting on what you said. 'don't you know you can't have intelligent discussion?' I mean if that's what you think of this place, why are you here in GD if it's all worthless drivel and smileys?

I see your comment as being completely unneccessary and quite inflammatory, so I said so. Why is that so hard to understand that while I'm disagreeing with what you say, I'm certainly not looking to have a throw down over it?

Finally, it has to be said that he irony that this conversation is happening here in a thread called Common Sense is killing me. :lol:

Edited by LisaD

How dare you try to start an intelligent dialogue? Shame on you! :lol:

Don't you know you're just supposed to post a smiley and then move on? :lol:

Really I fail to see the maliciousness in Fischkoepfin's response that prompted such a backlash. Whatever, it must be something in the air today. Why the hostility?

And I don't think my comment implies that this place is just empty conversation. In this case, however, it seems apparent that anything but was not a welcome addition to the thread.

Two different thoughts here...sall I'm saying.

I see your comment as being completely unneccessary and quite inflammatory, so I said so.

It was a joke, hence the :lol:

Whatever, I'm too tired for this.

Many an insult has been made with :lol::P;):whistle: so whatever.

You're done, I'm done...end of story....yippeee! ;) B)

Edited by LisaD

I'm in love with Tracy and I'm moving to the USA to spend my life with her. That's a good thing

I'll meet lot's of new people and make new friends. That's a good thing.

I'm generally pleased to be flippant and relaxed with people in my social world. I think that's a good thing.

I like to digest, indulge in, take the micky out of, consider, ponder etc etc etc, about things I see, hear and read about. I don't need people to tell me that my replica military jacket has 4 buttons when the real thing only had 3.

For example, the point of my original post here, was............ AN AMUSING PERSPECTIVE ON THE COMPARISON OF THE LACK OF COMMON SENSE IN SOME REAL WORLD ACTIVITIES, AND OF WHAT SOME MAY CONSIDER TO BE RIDICULOUS, 'IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN', 'ON THAT DAY SATAN WILL ICE SKATE TO WORK', TYPE OF SITUATIONS.

Be amused if you will. Post a single emote if it says what you need to say. Say nothing, just read it. Think it to be juvenile. Think it to be deep. Give another example. Smirk, snort, guffaw or ponder. That's great.......

....but please don't assume that I'm delivering some important fact, that needs to be verified with quoted sources and credited authors or whatever. I didn't post it to be corrected or belittled, praised or worshipped, to cause offense or start a fight. I posted it because when I read it I said to myself, "yeah, (smirk), I hear ya. I wonder if anyone else would like to see this". That's all. Nothing more.

.....I thought that would be a good thing......

.............Seems silly now really.

:(

..........................Doesn't it?

Edited by ChasUK

prestoportaitww0.jpg

My Timeline is the same as TracyTN

The Sad Passing of Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies, (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and l'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone. If you

still remember him pass this on. If not join the majority and do nothing.

Isn't it all so sad? The bit about the Ten Commandments. I can still remember prayer in school. Now it has been removed because not everyone believes in the same religion. Yet the ironic part is that the schools teach about different religions and celebrate them with the students, but yet if a student wheres a shirt saying that they believe in CHRIST, that student will get sent home to change and if they repeat the "offense" then they will get suspended from school! What happened to individual rights?

A woman can be walking into an abortion clinic to have rid her unborn baby legally without it being considered murder, but if someone hits her on her way in and she loses that child, that person that hit her can be charged with murder!

I hear ya chaz!! Well said.

Laura Mitchell

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

I'm in love with Tracy and I'm moving to the USA to spend my life with her. That's a good thing

I'll meet lot's of new people and make new friends. That's a good thing.

I'm generally pleased to be flippant and relaxed with people in my social world. I think that's a good thing.

I like to digest, indulge in, take the micky out of, consider, ponder etc etc etc, about things I see, hear and read about. I don't need people to tell me that my replica military jacket has 4 buttons when the real thing only had 3.

For example, the point of my original post here, was............ AN AMUSING PERSPECTIVE ON THE COMPARISON OF THE LACK OF COMMON SENSE IN SOME REAL WORLD ACTIVITIES, AND OF WHAT SOME MAY CONSIDER TO BE RIDICULOUS, 'IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN', 'ON THAT DAY SATAN WILL ICE SKATE TO WORK', TYPE OF SITUATIONS.

Be amused if you will. Post a single emote if it says what you need to say. Say nothing, just read it. Think it to be juvenile. Think it to be deep. Give another example. Smirk, snort, guffaw or ponder. That's great.......

....but please don't assume that I'm delivering some important fact, that needs to be verified with quoted sources and credited authors or whatever. I didn't post it to be corrected or belittled, praised or worshipped, to cause offense or start a fight. I posted it because when I read it I said to myself, "yeah, (smirk), I hear ya. I wonder if anyone else would like to see this". That's all. Nothing more.

.....I thought that would be a good thing......

.............Seems silly now really.

..........................Doesn't it?

Awww,Chas,I didn`t think you take things at heart this way...you a softy (F) ...but what you`re saying...if people want to assume that you`re delivering an important fact if it was not supposed to sound like that,that needs to be verified with quoted sources and credited authors,if they assume that it needs to be corrected or belittled, praised or worshipped, to cause offense or start a fight just let that be too,and see the funny part of it(not all fights are funny but you can`t stop them anyway) .You can`t stop that happen on internet boards I guess,misunderstandings on the internet little worse than real life still if you look at the bigger picture the same sh**t like real life at the level of emotions...just that here people from many different cultures come together(don`t get me wrong ;) and opinions can be sooooo very different.And some people just suck some days (gee,now I am in trouble again) :lol: B) and you cannot change that. Excuse me if I sound so not formal,I`ve talked with Tracy more than you (not a whole lot with her either though) and I feel like I`ve known you guys for ever.Maaan,I ``hate`` (me hateful chick :no: to see people as happy as you two are together (F)

Hard_to_Get_by_video_massacre.gif

do give up so easily, chas!! want to borrow my thick skin for a bit?? :lol:

use your power of 'ignore', young padawan!! :thumbs:

:lol: That`s very generous Monique..you might need your thick skin more though...yeah,that`s the spirit though .

Let me remind you that people still want you to share :secret: where you get those pics of wisdom

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Chas (and everyone else), my objective was not to belittle your post or indicate that you should not post or something along those lines. Why would I?

I just happened to have an issue with the bit you posted, and a smiley response wouldn't have gotten that across.

Also, I tried to get some people to think about the idea of common sense. Thinking about things your read is not a bad thing.

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

*Ignores all of the useless banter over a humourous post*

I also lament the death of common sense. (Oh, the irony)

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.