lost in Egypt 4 u

Used by men for green card!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would like to find honest women that have been used by men for the green card and

tell their story so others in visa process can learn and maybe think about it twice before they let a total stranger

come into their life's and ruin it.

You don;t know a person unless you live with them for a while and see how they act.

Please don;t jump into something u don;t know.

It all turns out to be a fake sooner or later.

I have 3 friends who married arabic men and were married for years until they got their education , then they left

them without a word even tho they seemed to be happy.

They never heard of them again .

Don;t fool yourself , be careful and don;t get hurt in the end!

I would like to find honest women that have been used by men for the green card and

tell their story so others in visa process can learn and maybe think about it twice before they let a total stranger

Do you think there will be something common in these relationships so these stories would benefit others?

You don;t know a person unless you live with them for a while and see how they act.

This is true. Unfortunately, circumstances don't always allow people to live together first. Add religion into the equation and "living together" is completely out.

What more do you think someone should know?

I disagree.

I have 3 friends who married arabic men and were married for years until they got their education , then they left

Do you know any other friends who married "arabic" (which is a language, by the way) men and weren't used for a green card?

I do.

Never. Not even for the divorce papers.

How is someone fooling themself?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Life is unpredictable so marriage.

Nothing is 100% guaranteed and sure, only sure thing abt life is notthing is sure.

Will just have to learn to adjust on anythingand everything.

Things like this do happen, unfortunately, but it's unfair to imply that all "arabic" men are only after a greencard and an education. There are rotten apples in every bunch, and I would offer that there are just as many deceitful men and women in the US as there are in other countries.

Would there be something in common with stories shared by jilted women? It's possible. There are signs that people tend to overlook when they're in love. However, just because someone behaves a certain way doesn't mean their motives can be predicted by what other people have done.

I'm sorry that you think "it all turns out to be fake sooner or later", and I wonder what's caused you to have such a cynical outlook on life.

"Your mom is in my head right now, and she's saying don't do that."

"For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain."

Timeline

Do you think there will be something common in these relationships so these stories would benefit others?

This is true. Unfortunately, circumstances don't always allow people to live together first. Add religion into the equation and "living together" is completely out.

I disagree.

Do you know any other friends who married "arabic" (which is a language, by the way) men and weren't used for a green card?

I do.

By believing all the niece things they say ..........we all need to be loved and want to be loved ......we r impatient and lonly and we go on line to find love instead of going to social events or friend.... they promise us the skies and we want it to be true but deep in our hearts we know they r lying to us ,tho we hope for better and in the end its all fake .

Eeven those who are happy now.......it will come to u too .

they always end up with their own women because we don;t obey their rules .

Face it women ........we r independent and they need dependent women ....one that does as they say.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is going no place fast!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I disagree.

I do.

By believing all the niece things they say ..........we all need to be loved and want to be loved ......we r impatient and lonly and we go on line to find love instead of going to social events or friend.... they promise us the skies and we want it to be true but deep in our hearts we know they r lying to us ,tho we hope for better and in the end its all fake .

Face it women ........we r independent and they need dependent women ....one that does as they say.

I RARELY comment but I felt the need to say something here. YES we want to be loved But I TOTALLY disagree that all women are impatient and lonely and not capable of making sound decisions. I am 35 years old and at my age, I know perfectly well when someone is telling me what I want to here and blowing smoke up my A@@. I personally did not meet my husband online so I wouldn't be able to comment on that experience. But men can pick up on insecurities via computer or face to face and if some of these women are PRESENTING themselves in a manner that appears desperate, sometimes men will prey on that. We do have indications of when things are not going well and if a woman chooses to stay in a situation that she knows is bad, That would be HER fault. Not every man is out for a Green Card, there are men out here who do love their wives. I am an independent woman and I have no problem in my marriage. There are no "RULES" to obey. We are adults and should be able to communicate our needs to our mates... Likes and dislikes. You respect one another and give each other common courtesy and honor your vows. Sorry if someone you know was hurt by someone from a MENA Country but to say that WE ARE ALL going to be hurt later down the road is a HUGE generalization.

LOVE IS UNIVERSAL!

Timeline

I disagree.

I do.

I RARELY comment but I felt the need to say something here. YES we want to be loved But I TOTALLY disagree that all women are impatient and lonely and not capable of making sound decisions. I am 35 years old and at my age, I know perfectly well when someone is telling me what I want to here and blowing smoke up my A@@. I personally did not meet my husband online so I wouldn't be able to comment on that experience. But men can pick up on insecurities via computer or face to face and if some of these women are PRESENTING themselves in a manner that appears desperate, sometimes men will prey on that. We do have indications of when things are not going well and if a woman chooses to stay in a situation that she knows is bad, That would be HER fault. Not every man is out for a Green Card, there are men out here who do love their wives. I am an independent woman and I have no problem in my marriage. There are no "RULES" to obey. We are adults and should be able to communicate our needs to our mates... Likes and dislikes. You respect one another and give each other common courtesy and honor your vows. Sorry if someone you know was hurt by someone from a MENA Country but to say that WE ARE ALL going to be hurt later down the road is a HUGE generalization.

God bless u and ur marriage !!!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:pop:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I disagree.

I do.

I agree with Shawna and had the same experience. I cannot comment on meeting online as we met in person first but we did communicate via online and phone when we were separated at times. Any person (women included) can pick up on insecurities of an individual and then prey on that. A failed marriage can happen to anyone, anywhere. The warning signs are there....for many that seem to ignore them. I am quite sure the stories that are out there where the men or women saw "NO SIGNS"....there were plenty of them. Sometimes we are blind to these things because we don't want to see them or can't believe that these things would happen to us.

One of the things you mentioned about MENA men going back to their women because we don't obey their rules. If a man/woman places rules on a relationship, right then and there, is "MY" sign. Marriage is about love, respect and a lot of friggin work...no one needs to be dictated to but at the same time respecting each other is very important too...that includes understanding cultures and religion...but all this comes from taking the time to know each other well, ask questions and learn from one another. Without that...things can unravel and fall apart very fast.

Sorry you are hurting...I wish you many blessings in your future (F).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I didn't go online to find love, never gave love a second thought in my case. I was on an online game my family plays and that's where I met mine. I spent 7 months last year with him and I feel I know him as well as I do any guy i'd meet in my hometown. I do not believe ALL is fake, our hearts don't know about cultures, languages, rules.. all it knows is it met someone and it loves them. Just because the guy is from the ME doesn't mean his heart can't feel the same way.

It sounds to me you are speaking from experience not through friends. What anyone must realize in ANY relationship, is we don't truly know anyone but ourselves. Many women in our own home country marry american men and have families, later to find out he is a murderer or rapist. Some take the only life savings the family had and hit the road and is never heard from again. Bad, evil, deceptive people come in ALL countires, religions, and cultures.

As for education.. there is NOTHING stopping them from getting an education in their own country. I'm sorry for any woman this happens to, but it's not only a guy from the ME that breaks an american womans heart or uses her. I might get used, but I run that risk with a man i'd choose from my own town and i'll run a big risk not making it out of the relationship with my head intact.

*Jolie *

4/23/07 - Met on WoW Game..

11/25/07 - Engaged..

1/16/08 - 1st Visit..

2/28/08 - 2nd Visit..

6/03/08 - 3rd Visit..

9/10/08 - 4th Visit..

7/14/08 - Sent off I-129

1/08/08 - NOA 1

1/18/09 - RFE

1/30/09 - NOA2

???? - 45 Days of AP at NVC

03/15/09 - Left NVC

03/26/09 - Received pct. 3

05/06/09 - sent pkt back.

05/08/09 - Received pkt. 4

05/12/09 - Interview

07/24/09 - Out of AP

07/30/09 - Sent passport to Embassy.

08/15/09 - Received Passport with Visa.

08/18/09 - POE: Atlanta. It went very smooth, no problems at all. In and out in 30 minutes.

10/05/09 - Sent AOS/EAD

10/19/09 - Rec'd NOA

11/05/09 - Transferred to C.S.C.

11/10/09 - Biometrics - Cancelled waiting for new appt.

12/21/09 - Biometrics - Went well with no problems.

12/31/09 - EAD Card received.

02/16/10 - Transferred to Lee's Sumit, Mo

03/04/10 - Recieved AOS Interview letter.

04/07/10 - A.O.S. Interview - Approved. Very easy interview.

04-26-10 - 2Yr. Green card Received.

Filed: Timeline

I do have a question... :ot:

This is to anyone that can answer it :D

Can't the Captn and the MODS and EVENTS peeps on VJ tell when a new ID has been created by a member that is here already? So in this case, if its one of our regular peeps making a new ID...that can be identified?

Just curious...I'm kinda sick of all the warnings without story or warrant or knowing both sides. It is pointless drama aimed at starting sh!t btwn members.

MENA areas are high fraud areas or there wouldn't be the long A$$ wait and checks. Almost all of us KNOW that....if you don't do your homework and know the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with, their families, their lifestyles, their cultures and their religions...you are in for a BIG surprise....this goes for BOTH parties. End of Story. I'm not trying ot minimize the hurt of others but really if you are this far in the VJ process already and don't know the person you are going to marry well or have married...its too late. Maybe as someone suggested on another post....if there was a website specifically for these creeps (men and women) thats where these rants and raves need to go.

Blah... :ot2:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I do have a question... :ot:

This is to anyone that can answer it :D

Can't the Captn and the MODS and EVENTS peeps on VJ tell when a new ID has been created by a member that is here already? So in this case, if its one of our regular peeps making a new ID...that can be identified?

From your lips to God's ears. It's so common now for people to do this. (make a fake id to post something like this). Don't get me wrong, I understand the occaisional fake name if the person has a really sensitive problem and wants to remain anonymous but it seems like there are a few trolls here lately just bored or drunk or whatever wanting to stir sh!t up or something. Kind of high schoolish if you ask me.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.