2008immi

evidence thoughts please

3 posts in this topic

Hello I am about to file for removal of conditions but I am worried that I will not have enough info. I arrived here in December of 2007 and lived with my brother in law with my wife for about 7 months. During this time I couldn't find work and my wife (the us citizen)was waiting on her degree to be accredited in the states which meant that even though she had a job offer she was waiting on the accreditation before they would let her work. We have an affidavit from my brother in law stating that the dates we lived there etc. We also have copies of mail we both received whilst living there. So with no money we had no joint anything. My wife then started working about a year ago so we now have 2 joint lease agreements (one for the first year and we have recently signed a new one for a year) joint bank account and credit card. Roth ira with each other as beneficiaries, my work health insurance with my wife as beneficiary. Joint tax return for this past year. Copies of our gym memberships. Copies of one joint utility (the rest is paid for by the apartment). Other letters/mail (birthday cards, Christmas cards, anniversary cards) with either each of our names or my name or my wife's to show we live in the same house. Joint car insurance. Copies of each others drivers license. Copies of magazine subscriptions not with both of our names but 2 in my name 2 in my wife's. About 20 photos and affidavits from 5 people. How does this sound? I will explain all of this in my application "packet" but want your thoughts. I think we have shown co- mingling of living arrangements, finances and social life.

Thank you all very much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think with your explanation for why you little evidence from the beginning of your marriage plus the evidence you have from this past year you should be fine. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I think and know you will be fine. You have plenty of evidence and since your in-law provided a letter stating that both of you were living with him

that will suffice their needs.

As long as the letter from your bro-in-law is notarized, dated, with his name and address, date of birth, etc...it should all be fine..

My husband and I did not have any credit card together, or car loans, anything like that, just a share bank account, both names on the lease and a letter

from our lanlord, and trwo friends, notarized of course..

They just want to make sure that you have been physically together for that time...Do not be afraid it or fear, they are people just like you and I.

I was direct and firm in my letters to USCIS explaining why we did not have credit together, and withing a couple of days of receipt of our letter they approved my hubby's application.....

Be truthful and firm.......

Good luck! :bonk:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.