cristina1977

How is the process for my daughter if my american husband apply for her.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

My Husband and I are starting the process for AOS for me, I came here legally as tourist visa, but my 9 years daughter is in my country, I am felling sometimes very sad because I miss my little one so very much.

I am asking you guys if someone know about the process for stepdaugther, in this case my husband and I want to fill up all those forms correctly, but unfortunaly we can't pay for a lawyer at this time.

I know my husband has to fill up the form I130 one for me and one for my daughter, but i just don't know what is gonna be the process for my daughter, for how long?? and if she has to go to the american embassy in my country, can she go with one of my family members overthere... because I can't leave The States until I get the greencard.

Ok My friends, probably my english it's not perfect, but I am not from here and I am still learning everydays, I hope u understand what I need.

Thanks,

Cristina

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

IF the marriage took place BEFORE your daughter's 17th birthday, then your husband (Step Father) can file an I-130 for an immigrant visa for the step child.

The I-130 will need copies of marriage cert (To prove relationship to mother), and Birth Cert of child. No G-325A needed, G-325A is only used in spousal immigrations case.

You follow this guide for the most part: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

It will take 6 months to a year before your daughter will be able to get an immigration visa. It will probably take that long for you to adjust your status inside the US. Be prepared to be separated for that long unless you decide to go home and wait for an immigration visa yourself. It's unlikely that your daughter will get a tourist visa as it would be very difficult for you to overcome the burden of proof that there is no intent to immigrate permanently.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes your husband files an I-130 for your daughter, be sure to include your marriage certificate and the child birth certificate. It takes between 6-12 months for your daughter to be scheduled for an interview and receive her visa. Make sure that if the other parent ( the dad of the child ) is alive he will give permission in the form of a notorized letter allowing your daughter to come to the US. what country is your daughter from? Yes she can go with family members however if your husband can make the interview or for that matter if you have your GC and can go to the interview it will help.

Hello,

My Husband and I are starting the process for AOS for me, I came here legally as tourist visa, but my 9 years daughter is in my country, I am felling sometimes very sad because I miss my little one so very much.

I am asking you guys if someone know about the process for stepdaugther, in this case my husband and I want to fill up all those forms correctly, but unfortunaly we can't pay for a lawyer at this time.

I know my husband has to fill up the form I130 one for me and one for my daughter, but i just don't know what is gonna be the process for my daughter, for how long?? and if she has to go to the american embassy in my country, can she go with one of my family members overthere... because I can't leave The States until I get the greencard.

Ok My friends, probably my english it's not perfect, but I am not from here and I am still learning everydays, I hope u understand what I need.

Thanks,

Cristina

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.