windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Dean, not everyone is asked for the ring receipt by the consul. However, if it is really freaking you out (cool it man B) hehe) if you remember where you bought the ring, the store might still have a copy of the receipt. Also, you might want to try calling your credit card company and ask for a copy of the statement for the month and year you bought the ring. I'm sure one of them will be able to provide you with the receipt and you can then fax that to your sweetie.

49Bstreet, I’ve heard strange stories that there are embassy employees going around the embassy to detect fraudsters among the applicants. They pretend to be applicants themselves and gain your confidence. The fact that the woman knew you were from Chicago even before you told her kinda gave her “spy status” away. Also, you said you were interviewed for 20 minutes by the consul. Looks like you were really scrutinized.

I think we were scrutinized, PW. We were the last to leave at 11:15 am. The Consular really made my Fiance sweat to answer all the questions. One he asked was "Why do you want to marry her? And don't say to me, it is because you love her." What makes her so special from all the Philippine women here?" He took his time to really read all the letters, emails, birthday cards, notes, gifts reciepts and phone records we had. The Pre-Screener did not want all of them. She only wanted just a small sample. But the Consular asked for this hold big blue binder we had put together and read most of them from front to back. The questions was aprox. 10-15 different questions for my Fiance. But we made it and now his POE is April 7, 2007.

Thanks for all your help, this is a great family to be with. :dance:(L)(F)

Yeah that whole exchange you described outside the embassy was really bizzare. Makes me wonder how many of the CO's and embassy staff read this forum. :lol: Well just to let them know I found a way to get online and pull a copy of our engagement ring receipt. So now we have that final piece of paper to top out our mountain of paperwork. So ask away. :) Oh and I will be looking for someone to greet me while we are in line at the embassy and say they are from Denver too. :lol:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense intended here, but why would you need a receipt for an engagement ring that they can see on the girl's finger at the interview? They will think without that receipt that maybe the girl just stole it? :o I know...don't ask why they do what they do cuz there is no rhyme or reason. Either that or I am just naive. :lol:

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

VJ...

I have set-up another profile for my wife, Jhen aka "Deputy Uling", and placed some info concerning the AOS process. If you are interested [CLICK HERE] and select the signature and story tab. Keep in mind that the AOS process, removing the conditions of residence, and the naturalization process are combined way less stressful than the visa approval process BY A LANDSLIDE. I know... I know... that we have not conquered the process beyond the AOS process, but trust me on this one...

Cheers!!!

Ahmari (Sheriff Uling) and Jhen (Deputy Uling)

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

[='49BSTREET' post'Mar 26 2007, 02:46 PM' post=801131]='798734' date='Mar 25 2007, 04:02 AM']Dean, not everyone is asked for the ring receipt by the consul. However, if it is really freaking you out (cool it man B) hehe) if you remember where you bought the ring, the store might still have a copy of the receipt. Also, you might want to try calling your credit card company and ask for a copy of the statement for the month and year you bought the ring. I'm sure one of them will be able to provide you with the receipt and you can then fax that to your sweetie.

49Bstreet, I've heard strange stories that there are embassy employees going around the embassy to detect fraudsters among the applicants. They pretend to be applicants themselves and gain your confidence. The fact that the woman knew you were from Chicago even before you told her kinda gave her "spy status" away. Also, you said you were interviewed for 20 minutes by the consul. Looks like you were really scrutinized.

I think we were scrutinized, PW. We were the last to leave at 11:15 am. The Consular really made my Fiance sweat to answer all the questions. One he asked was "Why do you want to marry her? And don't say to me, it is because you love her." What makes her so special from all the Philippine women here?" He took his time to really read all the letters, emails, birthday cards, notes, gifts reciepts and phone records we had. The Pre-Screener did not want all of them. She only wanted just a small sample. But the Consular asked for this hold big blue binder we had put together and read most of them from front to back. The questions was aprox. 10-15 different questions for my Fiance. But we made it and now his POE is April 7, 2007.

Thanks for all your help, this is a great family to be with. :dance:(L)(F)

Yeah that whole exchange you described outside the embassy was really bizzare. Makes me wonder how many of the CO's and embassy staff read this forum. :lol: Well just to let them know I found a way to get online and pull a copy of our engagement ring receipt. So now we have that final piece of paper to top out our mountain of paperwork. So ask away. :) Oh and I will be looking for someone to greet me while we are in line at the embassy and say they are from Denver too. :lol:

You are too funny, but you better have your amor and guard up. I think they are really sneaky people. Where's the love? Huh?.... Take care and best wishes to you on the 4th. I know you will show them how to be really clever..... :lol::luv:;)

MNL2006820XXX

March 14th (Medical)

March 21st (Interview)

Chicago / Tuguegarao City

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hmm thanks for the advice. It seems that is what I am hearing from everybody else too. Yet i hear different things about the co-sponsor. Also it seems like if I am not approved, then i can just refile if I need too, like PW did. I wonder how much pull the OFW has with the consulate, or if they have some kind of love/hate relationship. My mom made a contact with a high ranking person during they visit to the state of Hawaii during the sakada celebration we just had. Well just thinking out loud here. I have 8-9 months to wait until a potential interview. Starprog, so your wife is Ilocano too? Where is she from? My my fiance is from Laoag City in Ilocos Norte.

Timeline

Well, Judy should be arriving at the embassy now, the new rule about cell phones kinda sucks but I understand it...but now I have to wait till she returns home to find anything out.

If I were a drinking man, now would be a good time...someone can have an extra on my behalf...

<Chernoble Imitation>

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Well, Judy should be arriving at the embassy now, the new rule about cell phones kinda sucks but I understand it...but now I have to wait till she returns home to find anything out.

If I were a drinking man, now would be a good time...someone can have an extra on my behalf...

<Chernoble Imitation>

best of luck with the interview. it will be smooth sailing. your wait will soon come to an end. :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Hmm thanks for the advice. It seems that is what I am hearing from everybody else too. Yet i hear different things about the co-sponsor. Also it seems like if I am not approved, then i can just refile if I need too, like PW did. I wonder how much pull the OFW has with the consulate, or if they have some kind of love/hate relationship. My mom made a contact with a high ranking person during they visit to the state of Hawaii during the sakada celebration we just had. Well just thinking out loud here. I have 8-9 months to wait until a potential interview. Starprog, so your wife is Ilocano too? Where is she from? My my fiance is from Laoag City in Ilocos Norte.

Oh wow, your fiancée is from way up north. I would love to visit that region on a trip some day, but its such a long long bus ride. It took us 7 hours just to get to La Union when we went to Baguio City. Anyway my wife is from the Zambales province, near Iba.

View pictures of my April/May trip to the Philippines

View pictures of my Sept trip to the Philippines

Gary (California, USA) filamflag.gif Fely (Zambales, Philippines)

09-11-06 Married

10-12-06 I-130 Mailed Priority

10-14-06 Delivered to CSC

10-16-06 CSC receipt date

10-18-06 NOA1 date

10-19,20,21-06 Touched

12-28,29-06 Touched and very happy about it

12-28-06 NOA2 date

01-15-07 Received at NVC & DS3032 & AOS bill sent

01-20-07 AOS fee bill received

01-30-07 eMailed DS3032 choice of agent

02-05-07 Received email approval for DS3032

02-20-07 Received I-864 package

02-23-07 Received IV fee bill

02-27-07 Paid IV fee

03-12-07 Info packet generated

03-20-07 Mailed I-864 package

03-31-07 Received info packet

04-04-07 RFE mailed by NVC

04-26-07 Mailed RFE response & DS-230 packet to NVC

04-30-07 NVC receives papers

05-10-07 Case complete

05-22-07 Case left NVC

05-24-07 Received pkt 4 in California

06-07-07 Medical Exam

06-28-07 Interview (approved)

06-24-07 - 07-16-07 Gary's trip to Philippines, and I brought Fely home

07-27-07 SSN card received

08-13-08 Green card received

07-10-09 I-751 mailed

08-15-09 Lifting of conditions approved

Timeline

<Chernoble Imitation>

Good luck on the interview, just a few more hours to go. :thumbs::clock:

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Timeline

I would like to introduce myself to this thread, and to everybody who this thread has helped. My name is Jay and I was born and raised on Kauai, which is one of the main Islands in Hawaii. I posted about income and avadavit of support problems earlier. Thanks to starprog for giving me a good answer. I have learned alot on this labis thread. Anyway if any of you have questions about rasising bi-racial kids, i can be of some advice, because I am half asian half white. I intend to participate in this thread.

Timeline

<Chernoble Imitation>

Good luck on the interview, just a few more hours to go. :thumbs::clock:

Thanks guys, Roy n yazi too, can I borrow someones fingernails to bite?, mine look like I trimmed them with a hand grenade...

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

<Chernoble Imitation>

Take a deep breath and say a prayer. We will say one for you also. God Bless you both.

hello fellow philippine vj'ers! well, i am here in manila with sherwin, it is our last day here as we will be flying out this evening heading for tampa, fl. a very emotional and happy day! thank you all for the help and support along the way. good luck to all those with upcoming interviews and those waiting to be scheduled. having been through it now we can certainly empathize with all the emotions you experience during this visa journey. i would say that we were pleasantly surprised by how fast it went. we were prepared to go over 12 months in this process, but in the end it was all done in just about 9 months from time of 1st filing to delivery of the visa! it is so wonderful knowing this red tape is all behind us and we are free to pursue our lives together as husband and wife! tc all, God Bless! we are not disappearing, but we will be very busy when we arrive in the states, so we may not be able to check in here as often as we would like, so wanted to get this post in before we left manila. Regards, bernie and sherwin

115826537339028.gif

CSC

2006-06-22 I-130 sent to TSC

2006-07-24 received NOA1 from CSC.

2006-09-06 I-130 petition approved!

NVC

2006-09-25 NVC case # assigned

2006-10-02 DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

2006-10-03 Sent AOS fee overnight. emailed agent of choice.

2006-10-04 AOS payment delivered

2006-10-05 Received email confirmation of agent of choice

2006-10-06 NVC posts AOS fee payment

2006-10-09 IV Fee Bill generated

2006-10-12 Affidavit of Support package sent overnight USPS

2006-10-21 IV Fee Bill received

2006-10-23 IV Fee Bill mailed overnight

2006-10-23 Affidavit of Support reviewed

2006-10-24 IV fee delivered

2006-10-30 IV Fee payment posted

2006-10-31 ds-230 generated

2006-11-01 ds-230 mailed to nvc via usps express mail

2006-11-03 nvc received ds-230

2006-11-06 nvc enters ds-230 package into the system

2006-11-08 ds-230 package recieved via snail mail

2006-11-16 nvc case complete

USE Manila

2007-02-05 Packet 4 recvd

2007-03-01/02 medical. complete!

2007-03-14 interview! APPROVED!!

2007-03-20 Visa received!

2007-03-28 Arrival USA, POE Guam

hello fellow philippine vj'ers! well, i am here in manila with sherwin, it is our last day here as we will be flying out this evening heading for tampa, fl. a very emotional and happy day! thank you all for the help and support along the way. good luck to all those with upcoming interviews and those waiting to be scheduled. having been through it now we can certainly empathize with all the emotions you experience during this visa journey. i would say that we were pleasantly surprised by how fast it went. we were prepared to go over 12 months in this process, but in the end it was all done in just about 9 months from time of 1st filing to delivery of the visa! it is so wonderful knowing this red tape is all behind us and we are free to pursue our lives together as husband and wife! tc all, God Bless! we are not disappearing, but we will be very busy when we arrive in the states, so we may not be able to check in here as often as we would like, so wanted to get this post in before we left manila. Regards, bernie and sherwin

Hello Bernie and Sherwin,

Goodluck and have a happy life together forever as husband and wife!! (F)

Have a happy safe trip !

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.