windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi! guys,

I planned to have my early medical this 10-11th of April. I dont have my packet 4 yet. the person my fiance talked to said it was sent already last 14th of this month but i dont have it yet.

Im goin to manila on the 5th of April to see my fiance and would be staying there after my medical exam is done.

In case i wont be getting my packet 4 yet next week, can i still go and have my medical exam without the appointment letter? if yes, what documents should i bring in place of the appointment letter? i have my ID pictures and passport already. only the appointment letter is my problem.

thanks in advance for your promt answers.

Hello,

You can go without your appointment letter at the St. Luke's

check this link

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Lina....did you mean "CAN" or "CAN'T" go without appointment letter. I read the document in the link and unless I missed it, it says to "present your appointment letter (original and photocopy)" multiple times.

Scott

You will go at the medical without appointment letter. Maybe i will go by next week and I just print the appointment at the website or if you have NOA2 letter you will show them as well.

~~~~~AOS Timeline:~~~~~

05/25/07 ----- Arrived in US

06/01/07 ----- TD shot done

06/21/07 ----- Sent package to Chicago

06/22/07 ----- received package @ 10:22 am

06/29/07 ----- AOS and EAD NOA1

09/14/07 ----- Biometrics done/touched

09/17/07 ----- AOS /EAD touched

11/26/07 ----- Interview received notice of Canceled from USCIS

10/12/07 ----- EAD card in hand

12/07/07 ----- Got my Driver License

12/17/07 ------ AOS Interview Approved

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
The Prescreener will ask for those documents if you do not hand them to him/her. We handed all the required documents per the guidelines and then all the proof of relationship. The prescreener wil ask questions and make notes for the CO. We noticed him reorganizing al the papers and grouping them in different groups with paper clips/staples. It is better to hand them everything at once than to wait for them to ask for things. Ken & Maria
I was just wondering how come any one of the CO never asked my CENOMAR or even my FIANCE DIVORCED PAPER? what comes to my mind even if he said congratulations ad goodluck, will it take time for me to recieve my visa since they might probably request first to NSO my cenomar and verify if my fiance is legally divorced? my fiance has been divorced for 3 years from now. All I have to do is just to wait the coming week whatever might happen regarding this visa delivery thing. goodluck everybody for your upcoming encounter with the CO!!!god bless to all of you

luvbugs4ever was right my fiancee submitted the divorced paper when he applied for the fiancee petition. The prescreener asked only my police clearance, nbi, mc. i gave him the entire the documents but he said nevermind them such as affidavit of support , pay stubs as well as cenomar he never even glanced it. he jas took the ITR. I showed him the snail mails, then he asked if my fiancee sent money to me and making biro "tingnan ko nga magkano padala sayo while he is cheerfully smiling" however, he didnt again take the receipts. he just said "ok the other documents jas give it to the CO". Then, CO jas asked me the questions and never asked any documents. I heard only the word congratulations for three times. that's all. il just pray and hopefully all of us will be granted to live with our husband/wife in USA. god bless you all!!

Edited by jackieadam

Timeline

My baby says she has no records of her vaccinations. Does this mean she will have to have them at her medical?

7/4/05 - Met

4/16/06 - Went to Visit her in Manila

4/18/06 - Proposed to her at Baloy Beach Resort, Zambales, Subic Bay

4/27/06 - Sent to Nebraska Service Center

5/02/06 - I-129F Filed

10/17/06 - Petition approved in California Service Center and sent to NVC in New Hampshire

12/11/06 - NVC New Hampshire Received Case (FINALLY)!!!!!!

12/12/06 - Called today and got our MNL2006845xxx

12/19/06 - Case Arrive in Manila

02/28/07 - K-1 Packet arrived to my sweety

03/26/07 - CFO Seminar/needs to go back to after interview for sticker

03/29/07 - St Lukes Medical.

04/03/07 - Arrived for second time to be with my sweetheart....

04/11/07 - Interview Date----PASSED with flying colors......St Lukes was a little pain..but we fought em...

05/12/07 - My baby and I got home today POE Seattle Flight home arrived at 11:45AM.

Flight from Manila to Seoul was great, then a 12 hour layover in Seoul, that sucked big time. Flight to Seattle from Seoul was long and the plane was warm too. Once we got to Seattle it was so worth it.

06/08/07 - Got married in Everett WA

07/19/07 - Filed for AOS

10/15/07 - NOA for AOS

12/06/07 - Interview for Green Card approved in Seattle, good for 2 years.

12/18/07 - Green Card in the mail...wooo hoooo...will apply in 2 years for conditions removal.

07/01/08 - We had our first baby..Renae Sofia Reynolds 8 lbs 3oz-C-Section.

Hi! guys,

I planned to have my early medical this 10-11th of April. I dont have my packet 4 yet. the person my fiance talked to said it was sent already last 14th of this month but i dont have it yet.

Im goin to manila on the 5th of April to see my fiance and would be staying there after my medical exam is done.

In case i wont be getting my packet 4 yet next week, can i still go and have my medical exam without the appointment letter? if yes, what documents should i bring in place of the appointment letter? i have my ID pictures and passport already. only the appointment letter is my problem.

Im May batch too, and like you im waiting for the packet 4 to arrived. I want to have an early medical appointment just like you. But then Im also confused it its ok if u dont have that pre-appointment letter but as i see, we need it in order to have our medical, its a requirement together with pictures and passport. When i called St Lukes, she told me as long as u have that appointment letter, need to be photocopied u can have your medical early of your schedule, for it is first come, first serve basis. Hope we get this letter anytime soon. I really want to have my medical too asap so i'll be at ease, lol!

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Timeline
My baby says she has no records of her vaccinations. Does this mean she will have to have them at her medical?

Dave, she does not HAVE to get them but she will need them eventually so I would highly recommend she have them. The cost is included in the exam fee. I don't remember which one but there is at least one vaccination she will not be able to get there and she will have to get it here in the states.

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Timeline

Hi Dave,

Fleur's old vaccination records (as in her "baby book") would help St Luke's in determining which shots to give her, but this is not really required. They have a reference chart to determine which vaccines are appropriate for her age. She will also be interviewed by a panel physician, i.e. asked to show marks if she says she had chicken pox already. (I am sure I had chicken pox just 2 years ago. but since I wasn't able to show a mark, I was given Varicella anyway. I was told this is an Embassy directive: No mark= varicella shot.)

She will also be asked if she wants the shots taken here.. or in the States. We are given this choice since vaccines aren't really a requirement for entry on a K1 Visa. However, since the shots are already included in the medical exam fee ($95), it is practical to get them here.. save you a few dollars.

After she's done with the whole med exam and vaccinations, Fleur will be given the vaccination record of her shots given at St. Luke's, and instructions on the xray negative (that she will need to bring both to the US). The vaccination record will state which vaccines she had.. which ones need a second shot.. and that she will have to get the TD (tetanus-diptheria) vaccine in the States since it's not available here.

Hope this helps.

Gen

Timeline
Hi! guys,

Im May batch too, and like you im waiting for the packet 4 to arrived. I want to have an early medical appointment just like you. But then Im also confused it its ok if u dont have that pre-appointment letter but as i see, we need it in order to have our medical, its a requirement together with pictures and passport. When i called St Lukes, she told me as long as u have that appointment letter, need to be photocopied u can have your medical early of your schedule, for it is first come, first serve basis. Hope we get this letter anytime soon. I really want to have my medical too asap so i'll be at ease, lol!

Hi joemaria,

If you have the medical exam and interview sked already and want to take the med exam ahead of schedule, but don't have Packet 4 (with the required appointment letter) yet ... you can call St. Luke's and request them to get your Packet 4 from the embassy, and inform them of the date you want to pick it up. They do that. One day before your requested date, better to call St. Luke's to confirm if your Packet is there.

If they confirm your packet is there, you can just then tell the guard that you're there to pick up your Packet and they will let you in. And you can actually start on your medical the same day.

Good luck!

Gen

Regarding about your question we just got lucky that they didnt ask for it but i made sure that we have the AFFIDAVIT OF DISCREPANCY that we only paid for 300 pesos in a Public Notary place ( COMPUTERIZED) and have a lawyer signed it and seal it to make sure that the document is not fake and that the person stated with or without the middle name is that person...

Thanks for the info, maylet.

I was just wondering how come any one of the CO never asked my CENOMAR

It's always case to case basis. If you are young, between 18-24, chances are, you have never been married and embassy probably takes that into consideration. On the other hand, a Filipina who is 25 and above and presents herself as single, would cast doubts in the COs mind. Even if she presents a CENOMAR, the embassy will still do additional background checks on select cases.

Yes you may and bring the following:

1) A print-out of your appointment schedule from this link http://203.177.135.10/ivappointment/login.asp

2) NOA2

And to second kismet. A lot of us in Manila do not have records of our vaccinations. Most of the required vaccinations are not age-appropriate and therefore will not be given. St. Lukes however will give MMR and varicella (chicken pox). The nurse will ask Fleur to show the scars for her chicken pox. If she is satisfied with the scars, varicella will not be given.

Td (tetanus and diptheria) is not available at St. Lukes and Fleur will have to get this in the US.

Vaccines are given depending on the age of the applicants. She need not have to bring any vaccination records (I didn't). For adults, the ones they usually give is MMR and Chicken pox and TD shots (which is not routinely given and not available in the Philippines). For elderly - there's also Pneumoccocal vaccines and probably Flu vaccines. The Panel Physicians (Vaccine Interview will be conducted at 5th floor of SLEC) will decide which vaccines she needs. These vaccine are included in the $95 payment for the medical.

If she had chickenpox (2 weeks ago?), better ask her to look for the pock marks (Scar from the vesicles). Even if she insist she had it but can show the Panel physician where the scar is, she will still be given the Varicella Vaccine.

If she's still young, she may need to have 2 MMR shots (one here and one in the US after she settled).

Since TD is not available here, she wil be instructed to have it there in the US. You need to check for the USCIS sites for Surgeon Locator in your area where she can have the vaccines and have that transferred to her vaccine records (sealed envelop- I-693).

Good luck!

Helen

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
I had my medical exam done last April 18, 2006 at the St. Luke's. That was thru the US Navy appointment letter. Now i found out about my appointment date for my medical exam will be May 17, 2007. If others take early medical exam, and i take mine...is my last medical result still valid? Also i found this on http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html "Medical results must still be valid upon the applicant's entry to the United States. Results of the medical examination are generally valid for one year. However, in certain cases validity may be limited to six months or less."

Your last medical will not be valid anymore upon your US entry so you need to undergo another medical. Bring your old vaccination sheet on your 2nd medical.

thanks po :)

~*God Speed*~

Actually, I think they must have heard me, cuz i just looked and the ds-156k is there now....no worries :)

Hello there,

How's everything??we got the same scheduled for our appointment..Love to meet you guys..

That would be fun to meet up. We would like to get her medical done early if possible...depending on whether Mirasol gets her appointment letter in time....but for sure the date of the interview. Will both of you be there at the interview? Im flying into Manila a little early for the interview. Are you local to Manila or travelling too? You can PM us with more details if you like.

Scott and Mirasol

Hello Scott and Mirasol.

Yeah,it would be fun to get to know her..I'll be planning to get done my medical on 19th of April together with a friend of mine.By the way,where's Mirasol particularly from in Phils??We would love to go together is she will be planning to done it in advance.

Thank you guys for responding..

Edited by mine1031

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dean, not everyone is asked for the ring receipt by the consul. However, if it is really freaking you out (cool it man B) hehe) if you remember where you bought the ring, the store might still have a copy of the receipt. Also, you might want to try calling your credit card company and ask for a copy of the statement for the month and year you bought the ring. I'm sure one of them will be able to provide you with the receipt and you can then fax that to your sweetie.

49Bstreet, I’ve heard strange stories that there are embassy employees going around the embassy to detect fraudsters among the applicants. They pretend to be applicants themselves and gain your confidence. The fact that the woman knew you were from Chicago even before you told her kinda gave her “spy status” away. Also, you said you were interviewed for 20 minutes by the consul. Looks like you were really scrutinized.

I think we were scrutinized, PW. We were the last to leave at 11:15 am. The Consular really made my Fiance sweat to answer all the questions. One he asked was "Why do you want to marry her? And don't say to me, it is because you love her." What makes her so special from all the Philippine women here?" He took his time to really read all the letters, emails, birthday cards, notes, gifts reciepts and phone records we had. The Pre-Screener did not want all of them. She only wanted just a small sample. But the Consular asked for this hold big blue binder we had put together and read most of them from front to back. The questions was aprox. 10-15 different questions for my Fiance. But we made it and now his POE is April 7, 2007.

Thanks for all your help, this is a great family to be with. :dance:(L)(F)

MNL2006820XXX

March 14th (Medical)

March 21st (Interview)

Chicago / Tuguegarao City

Timeline

Dave, she does not HAVE to get them but she will need them eventually so I would highly recommend she have them. The cost is included in the exam fee. I don't remember which one but there is at least one vaccination she will not be able to get there and she will have to get it here in the states.

Thank you for the reply, that puts us at ease...I appreciate it.

7/4/05 - Met

4/16/06 - Went to Visit her in Manila

4/18/06 - Proposed to her at Baloy Beach Resort, Zambales, Subic Bay

4/27/06 - Sent to Nebraska Service Center

5/02/06 - I-129F Filed

10/17/06 - Petition approved in California Service Center and sent to NVC in New Hampshire

12/11/06 - NVC New Hampshire Received Case (FINALLY)!!!!!!

12/12/06 - Called today and got our MNL2006845xxx

12/19/06 - Case Arrive in Manila

02/28/07 - K-1 Packet arrived to my sweety

03/26/07 - CFO Seminar/needs to go back to after interview for sticker

03/29/07 - St Lukes Medical.

04/03/07 - Arrived for second time to be with my sweetheart....

04/11/07 - Interview Date----PASSED with flying colors......St Lukes was a little pain..but we fought em...

05/12/07 - My baby and I got home today POE Seattle Flight home arrived at 11:45AM.

Flight from Manila to Seoul was great, then a 12 hour layover in Seoul, that sucked big time. Flight to Seattle from Seoul was long and the plane was warm too. Once we got to Seattle it was so worth it.

06/08/07 - Got married in Everett WA

07/19/07 - Filed for AOS

10/15/07 - NOA for AOS

12/06/07 - Interview for Green Card approved in Seattle, good for 2 years.

12/18/07 - Green Card in the mail...wooo hoooo...will apply in 2 years for conditions removal.

07/01/08 - We had our first baby..Renae Sofia Reynolds 8 lbs 3oz-C-Section.

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes, C., I will hunt for you someday, and yes anyone would get you as their visa specialist.

But then, I'm sure , with your intelligence, when you're already a PR, you would be making more $ than most of us here.

So you won't be needing our coins for service....... :)

Des,

A lot of people petition their relatives without a lawyer's help. You will only end up paying them thousands of $$ for the simple act of filling up the forms for you, the info of which you will be providing din naman. Sort of, they will just interview you to get the info, type it up in the forms, collate documents from you and submit it to USCIS. Remember, you or your relatives will still obtain the documents like BC, MC, NBI clearance etc. The lawyers cannot obtain that for you so you will still do the"dirty work". The lawyers will simply tell you what to get. Some of the lawyers' advices are also out-dated. If you make tambay here sa VJ, the info are more updated here because everyday, people are able to report the latest developments as they go through their own processes.

If I were staying here in the PI, I might consider getting into the business of being a visa specialist para ako na lang bayaran mo hehe. Personalized pa ang service ko. Like you, maybe I'm just daydreaming.... :P

I agree......Some of them teach / prepare applicants how to answer Interview questions well.....isnt' it.......?

There are sample questions here in VJ and the questions asked are all about family and personal matters and the answers of which are known by heart by your relatives. The only advice that a good lawyer will give you is to always answer honestly and truthfully and everything will be ok. That is the same advice that we in VJ give for free. Remember, a good lawyer will not tell you to lie.

Timeline

Bumpage

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.