windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

I have the IRS Return Transcripts. Looking at the IRS website, a copy of 1040 direct from IRS is about $39 for each tax year. It also takes about 60 days since the day of request. I assume that Manila Embassy meant the IRS Return "Transcripts"? Maybe i'll just submit my own copy of 1040 (non-certified) in addition to the IRS Return Transcripts?

What do you or anyone think?

x x x Although not required, Consuls prefer 3 years of tax returns instead of just the most recent tax year di ba?

I hope Manila Embassy will accept IRS TAX RETURN /ACCOUNT "TRANSCRIPTS" instead of demanding certified copied of 1040s :crying:

Francel,

From my own experience and others after me, the embassy actually prefers a copy of your own non-certified 1040 and W2 and not the IRS transcripts. When I had my interview, I presented the 3-year transcripts but the pre-screener only took the latest W2 (non-certified). I suggest that you send your parents your copy of the 1040 and W2 via fax plus the 3-year tax transcripts (even if not really required just to be on the safe side and since it is available anyway).

Don't worry too much, ang wrinkles!!! :P

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sister Luz, when are you flying home to Gary? Don't forget us here ha?

Hi sis..how can I forget my Manila thread family and a sweet lady like you?Looking forward to see and meet everybody when I get there in USA!

My flight is on April 6th and i just can't wait to be with Gary again! :luv:(L) Im just waiting till Robin done with his schooling and attend his graduation day on March 29.

Take care sis,send me some pics naman with your sweetie oh..u have my email add di bah?share mo naman happy moments nyo dyan.. :P I wanna see if you and Sheriff Uling color-alike na..lol!hey black is beautiful! :thumbs:

See yah! (F)

for all those who recently come to the US, I hope your adjustment to life here is going well. Yazi and I had planned on an April 28th wedding date, but my dad fell and broke his hip yesterday. tomorrow he needs to have total hip replacement surgery. we'll have to wait till next week to adjust our wedding plans.

anyways, hope everyone here will have a long and happy together with their SO's.

Hi Roy,

Sorry to hear about your Dad,wish and pray he get well very soon and be there on your wedding day!

Glad to know that Yasi adapt herself quick and easy there.

Goodluck and Congratz on your wedding soon..share some pics pls :yes::) thanks! (F)

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

When packet 4 is sent, do they use the regular mail, dhl, or what?

Yazi's was delivered by Delbros, but she had to go the the local ofice to pick it up.

congrats on the AOS approval Sheriff :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Yazi's was delivered by Delbros, but she had to go the the local ofice to pick it up.

Thanx Roy.

for all those who recently come to the US, I hope your adjustment to life here is going well. Yazi and I had planned on an April 28th wedding date, but my dad fell and broke his hip yesterday. tomorrow he needs to have total hip replacement surgery. we'll have to wait till next week to adjust our wedding plans.

anyways, hope everyone here will have a long and happy together with their SO's.

Hi Roy,

Sorry to hear about your Dad,wish and pray he get well very soon and be there on your wedding day!

Glad to know that Yasi adapt herself quick and easy there.

Goodluck and Congratz on your wedding soon..share some pics pls :yes::) thanks! (F)

Thanks! her only complaint was the colder weather. she's happy it's getting warmer now. :yes:

congratulations on your approval :D so i guess now we can go and have dinner and drinks on brother ULING! yahooie...

we're still stuck on FBI namechecks... one thing i remembered, my boytoy and his brother both have his father's first name. Larry. all in all there are three LARRY's in his family... thus the name hits....TOINK!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Sheriff and Jhen for a painless AOS process (except for the fire drill of course).

Yna, how imaginative naman ng tatay ni boytoy. Larry Sr., Larry Jr., Larry II. Umm, do you plan to name the future little boytoy "Larry the III"? :lol:

Chad+Lira, my packet 4 was delivered by DHL.

Roy, sending you good wishes for the speedy recovery of your Dad!

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

Thanx Roy.

opps sorry, I just asked Yazi and it was DHL that delivered the packet.

Thanks for the well wishes PW. off to the hospital now to see my dad.

It seems DHL does that picking up at their office thing pretty often... I also had to pick mine up at the SM Fairview branch. And there was another girl there, too, picking up another packet 4! What were the chances, no? They said the package was undeliverable because they couldn't find our house.. Our house didn't walk around to hide! Fedex did the finding well enough. Oh well. Hopefully DELBROS will do better. If all things work out. ^_^

I-129F sent .........................8/08/2006

Interview............................3/23/2007

VISA RECEIVED .......................3/29/2007

Sent AOS package to CHI..............7/12/2007

Biometrics in CLE, OH................8/14/2007

Interview in CLE, OH................10/16/2007

GREEN CARD RECEIVED.................11/15/2007

Sent ROC to CSC......................8/10/2009

NOA1.................................8/12/2009

Biometrics...........................9/18/2009

Card Production Ordered ............10/01/2009

Sent N400 to AZ lockbox ............11/08/2010

Application received................11/12/2010

Check cashed........................11/15/2010

Biometrics (CLE)....................12/03/2010

Interview (CLE).....................01/14/2010

Oath Taking (CLE)...................02/04/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I have a question: My fiancee works for the city government. Does she need some type of authorization to fly out of the country? I have read of others who were delayed because they didn't have it. Thanks.

I-129F Sent : 2006-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-11-28

Touched: 2007-2-20

Touched: 2007-2-21

NOA2: 22FEB07

Assigned Case Number and sent to Embassy in Manila: 2007-2-28

Received in Manila: 06Mar07

Interview: 05Jun07

Visa delivered: 12June07

Arrival in Los Angeles: 04Aug07

AOS approved: 29Feb08

All filipinos leaving the PI for overseas work or marrying a foreigner are required to attend the CFO seminar. Do a search in this thread for CFO requirements, it has been discussed many times. Ken

Hi, I have a question: My fiancee works for the city government. Does she need some type of authorization to fly out of the country? I have read of others who were delayed because they didn't have it. Thanks.

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
All filipinos leaving the PI for overseas work or marrying a foreigner are required to attend the CFO seminar. Do a search in this thread for CFO requirements, it has been discussed many times. Ken

Thanks, I mean in addittion to the CFO sticker.

I-129F Sent : 2006-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-11-28

Touched: 2007-2-20

Touched: 2007-2-21

NOA2: 22FEB07

Assigned Case Number and sent to Embassy in Manila: 2007-2-28

Received in Manila: 06Mar07

Interview: 05Jun07

Visa delivered: 12June07

Arrival in Los Angeles: 04Aug07

AOS approved: 29Feb08

***ATTENTIOON***

CELL PHONES NO LONGER PERMITTED ON EMBASSY GROUNDS

For the safety and security of all applicants and employees, visa applicants are no longer permitted to bring cell phones or other electronic devices into the U.S. Embassy. Effective 01 March 2007, applicants who bring such devices will be denied entry. Please make arrangements to leave your electronic equipment in a safe location off Embassy grounds during your interview appointment. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your cooperation.

I found this on the Manila Embassy website after the first paragraph: (CLICK HERE) and it's also in this section (CLICK HERE)

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.