windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Does anyone know here what kind of background checks (Philippines) are done in Manila Embassy just before issuance of an Immigrant visa. My parents are done with the USCIS and NVC background checks. (IR5) Their interview is on April 2007.

What about (the background checks) in Manila Embassy? The background checks I'm referring to are like: Passport validity, authenticity,,,,, Department of Foreign Affairs check, Credit card companies check, etc. I'm sure I know my parents.....But I have not been with them for 6 years....so no one can be sure if they have any records. Who knows? Only God knows.

My parents are cleared by the NBI and Police Offices. No record. Frankly, all their NSO Birth, Marriage certificates are true. However , I am not sure what other circumstances can prevent them from getting an immigrant visa. Help! Any info will be needed. Please. Thank you. :help:

Addendum: Finished/passed Medical at St. Luke's already. Is there a service I can hire to check their National record myself? Filipino Private investigators?

Since your parents already have their passports, NBI clearance, BC, MC, and passed the medical, there is nothing to worry about. It means, they have cleared all that needs to be cleared from the Philippine-side.

For the American side, the embassy will verify proof of relationship and has probably already conducted a background check on this. During your parents interview, make sure they bring with them NSO copy of your own BC (to establish your relationship with them) and some photos of you in your younger days growing up with your parents (especially graduation pictures). Baptismal certificate, phone records, emails, letters and a record of your money remittances to them would also be helpful.

Further to our PM exchange, the embassy is not consistent about the W2 and 1040. In the one website, they indicate that faxed W2 and 1040 are acceptable http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwfirfe.pdf (see page 10 "Income Tax Return Requirement). However, in another link, they also state that it must be certified copies (unfortunately I am unable to find that link now). Only faxed copies are mentioned to be acceptable so we must assume that photocopies may not be accepted.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got off the phone with the embassy and was told that the results from the NSO have been forwarded to the consular yesterday march 19. we hope to hear more good news soon. i'm ready to go back home. at least that tells us something is moving

Sherwin and Abby, you are in our prayers. Hope it's not too long b4 you get the news you are wating for "VISA RELEASED FROM EMBASSY". Good luck you guys.

Cliff & Mira.

Thank you for your prayers and support, they are greatly appreciated.

I-130

30-May-2006: Mailed to CSC

31-May-2006: Received

13-Jun-06: NOA1 Date

15-Jun-06: Receieved NOA1 in the mail and cashed check

16-Jun-06: touched

05-Sep-06: I-130 Approved

07-Sep-06: Received NOA2 in the mail

NVC

21-Sep-06: NVC Case # Assigned

02-Oct-06: DS3032 and AOS fee bill generated

03-Oct-06: Emailed DS3032 and mailed AOS bill (James shortcut)

04-Oct-06: AOS bill received in St. Louis at 1:35pm

05-Oct-06: Received email confirmation that NVC accepted the DS3032

06-Oct-06: Money Order cashed for AOS fee bill

09-Oct-06: IV Bill generated

10-Oct-06: Received DS3032 and AOS fee bill (snail mail)

13-Oct-06: I-864 generated

14-Oct-06: Mailed I-864EZ

16-Oct-06: I-864 delivered

20-Oct-06: IV Bill received (snail mail)

21-Oct-06: Mailed IV Bill

23-Oct-06: Received I-864 package (snail mail)

23-Oct-06: NVC received IV Bill

26-Oct-06: Wifey called NVC and they said "I-864 is complete"

26-Oct-06: IV Bill money order cashed

30-Oct-06: DS-230 generated

01-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

03-Nov-06: NVC receives DS-230 at 11:10am

08-Nov-06: Received DS-230 from NVC (snail mail)

16-Nov-06: NVC case completed

Embassy

5-Feb-07: Received Packet 4 (snail mail)

12-Feb-07: St Lukes exam

13-Feb-07: Got results

24-Feb-07: LAX->MNL

2-Mar-07: Interview at 8:30AM --- AR (NSO verification)

19-Mar-07: USE gets NSO results

21-Mar-07: Visa released

23-Mar-07: Visa delivered (no txt msg or web update from Delbros)

9-May-07: MNL->LAX

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you for the info, patiently waiting.

Much appreciated.

I have the IRS Return Transcripts.

Looking at the IRS website, a copy of 1040 direct from IRS is about $39 for each tax year.

It also takes about 60 days since the day of request.

I assume that Manila Embassy meant the IRS Return "Transcripts"?

Maybe i'll just submit my own copy of 1040 (non-certified) in addition to the IRS Return Transcripts?

What do you or anyone think?

I was just thinking that paying $39 each for every tax year ----let's say 3 years (for 2 separate petitions); = almost $240........ is a bit much..........and I guess its too late to order that.-----(interview is in April)

Although not required, Consuls prefer 3 years of tax returns instead of just the most recent tax year di ba?

I hope Manila Embassy will accept IRS TAX RETURN /ACCOUNT "TRANSCRIPTS" instead of demanding certified copied of 1040s :crying:

Thank you, patiently waiting. We missed you here! (F)

Francel

Does anyone know here what kind of background checks (Philippines) are done in Manila Embassy just before issuance of an Immigrant visa. My parents are done with the USCIS and NVC background checks. (IR5) Their interview is on April 2007.

What about (the background checks) in Manila Embassy? The background checks I'm referring to are like: Passport validity, authenticity,,,,, Department of Foreign Affairs check, Credit card companies check, etc. I'm sure I know my parents.....But I have not been with them for 6 years....so no one can be sure if they have any records. Who knows? Only God knows.

My parents are cleared by the NBI and Police Offices. No record. Frankly, all their NSO Birth, Marriage certificates are true. However , I am not sure what other circumstances can prevent them from getting an immigrant visa. Help! Any info will be needed. Please. Thank you. :help:

Addendum: Finished/passed Medical at St. Luke's already. Is there a service I can hire to check their National record myself? Filipino Private investigators?

Since your parents already have their passports, NBI clearance, BC, MC, and passed the medical, there is nothing to worry about. It means, they have cleared all that needs to be cleared from the Philippine-side.

For the American side, the embassy will verify proof of relationship and has probably already conducted a background check on this. During your parents interview, make sure they bring with them NSO copy of your own BC (to establish your relationship with them) and some photos of you in your younger days growing up with your parents (especially graduation pictures). Baptismal certificate, phone records, emails, letters and a record of your money remittances to them would also be helpful.

Further to our PM exchange, the embassy is not consistent about the W2 and 1040. In the one website, they indicate that faxed W2 and 1040 are acceptable http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwfirfe.pdf (see page 10 "Income Tax Return Requirement). However, in another link, they also state that it must be certified copies (unfortunately I am unable to find that link now). Only faxed copies are mentioned to be acceptable so we must assume that photocopies may not be accepted.

Hope this helps.

It's now 4:31am Manila time Feb 22nd. best of luck to kismet and maylet with the interview. :thumbs:

hope all went well with 49bstreet's interview yesterday.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is recycled and many have seen this before, but reading it helped us survive the wait.

Hang in there. We made to stage Stage 8 in October 2006 and her Conditional Permanent Residency was approved yesterday, the first day of spring, 2007..................

Us westerners tend to go through several rather predictable stages in the K1 process. Please allow me to illustrate a few of the most common stages, using as an example a hypothetical fella named “Brad”: Brad is, for the purposes of this exercise, an American, recently engaged to a Filipina named “Hope”.

Stage 1: “Unfounded Optimism”. At this early stage, Brad presumes that bringing Hope to America requires little more than buying her a plane ticket. Well, he suspects there might be a form or two to fill out at the airport, but that shouldn’t result in a very significant delay. They should be together in a week, he thinks.

Stage 2: “Reality Sets In”. Brad learns that both the American and Philippine governments require some paperwork to be done before Hope can fly to the U.S. This disturbs Brad somewhat, because he really misses Hope (they’ve been apart for almost three days now), and he’s anxious to have her in his arms again. Hope is similarly impatient. Brad assures her, though, that he’ll get the paperwork done quickly, and that they’ll only be apart for a few weeks longer.

Stage 3: “Confusion”. Brad has submitted a dozen forms, three of which were returned to him (after several weeks) with boilerplate letters from the INS telling him he needs to clarify, add, delete, or reiterate something. To his surprise, the INS also wants to know when the last time he went moose hunting in Canada was, whether he bagged a moose, and why he chose to go moose hunting instead of duck hunting, since Canada has some really cool duck hunting spots, or so the INS has been led to believe by the folks next door. In the Philippines, Hope learns that she must make a twelve hour bus ride to Manila, at which point she will stand in line for another six hours to get into the U.S. Embassy, assuming the bus doesn’t drive off the side of a cliff, or get swallowed by lahar, or get incinerated by a volcanic explosion.

Stage 4: “Resentment”. Brad is getting bitter and Hope if falling into despair. Brad finds himself saying things like, “What business does the government have to tell me whom I can or cannot marry? What right does the government have to keep me and my fiancée apart? Isn’t this a free country?” Desperate and bitter, he tries to get creative. Maybe he can get her a tourist visa, or a work visa, or an education visa, he thinks. Sure, those would be fraudulent visas, but it serves the government right for keeping him and his fiancée apart! Hope, at this stage, has been standing in line for three weeks and has lost feeling in both legs. She can’t even remember what she’s in line for anymore, though she hopes it tastes good.

Stage 5: “Rebellion”. Brad has been told by cooler heads that he has no hope of bringing Hope to the U.S. via a fraudulent visa, and that even if he pulled it off, Hope would be beheaded by the INS if she were ever found out. Well, beheaded or deported, the cooler heads can’t exactly remember what the penalty is, but whatever it is, they’re sure it’s very bad. Brad decides to write his Senator a forceful letter protesting his treatment by the INS. The Senator has the letter date stamped and triple-notarized before folding it into a paper airplane and throwing it out his office window. In the off-chance that it catches a headwind and flies back through his window and lands on his desk, he may act on it, but he’d prefer that it fly quietly to the ground below and poke out the eye of a Senator from the other party.

Stage 6: “Despair”. Brad hasn’t heard from the INS in weeks and has no idea where his petition stands. He’s grown paranoid, and studies the photocopies of every form he submitted, riddled with anxiety. Do his O’s look like zeroes? Is that causing a problem, maybe? Should he have written “an” instead of “a” in that narrative about the moose hunt? Has the INS trashed his form and rejected his petition because he’s such a poor writer? Can they even do that? He calls INS and spends hours on hold only to be told that INS has his petition and is processing it. When he asks if there’s a problem, he’s certain that he can hear INS staffers laughing in the background and asking, “Is that the guy?!” Brad has taken out a second mortgage on his liver in order to pay for all of Hope’s expenses, plus those associated with the immigration paperwork itself. He’s comforted somewhat by the news that Hope will be off her crutches soon.

Stage 7: “Zombieland”. Brad is in a daze. At work he spends his time lazily surfing Filipino Internet sites. At home, he mopes. He begins to doubt himself and his plan to marry Hope. He begins to think Hope has found someone else during his long absence. He grows resentful of other married couples. Sometimes he thinks it would be better just to call the whole thing off, to tell Hope he loves her but fate won’t allow them to be together, but then he talks to her on the phone and falls in love again and cries himself to sleep.

Stage 8: “Victory”. Without warning, Brad learns from Hope or the INS or Santa Claus that his fiancée is free to catch the next plane or magical sleigh or flying carpet to the United States. Just like that. Gone today, here tomorrow. Brad spends an hour in absolute shock, then feints, then gets up and goes screaming into the streets like Jimmy Stewart at the conclusion of “It’s a Wonderful Life”. Because, at that point, it is, isn’t it?

The Odds. Never lose site of the fact that the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor...

for all those who recently come to the US, I hope your adjustment to life here is going well. Yazi and I had planned on an April 28th wedding date, but my dad fell and broke his hip yesterday. tomorrow he needs to have total hip replacement surgery. we'll have to wait till next week to adjust our wedding plans.

anyways, hope everyone here will have a long and happy together with their SO's.

This is recycled and many have seen this before, but reading it helped us survive the wait.

Hang in there. We made to stage Stage 8 in October 2006 and her Conditional Permanent Residency was approved yesterday, the first day of spring, 2007..................

Us westerners tend to go through several rather predictable stages in the K1 process. Please allow me to illustrate a few of the most common stages, using as an example a hypothetical fella named “Brad”: Brad is, for the purposes of this exercise, an American, recently engaged to a Filipina named “Hope”.

Stage 1: “Unfounded Optimism”. At this early stage, Brad presumes that bringing Hope to America requires little more than buying her a plane ticket. Well, he suspects there might be a form or two to fill out at the airport, but that shouldn’t result in a very significant delay. They should be together in a week, he thinks.

Stage 2: “Reality Sets In”. Brad learns that both the American and Philippine governments require some paperwork to be done before Hope can fly to the U.S. This disturbs Brad somewhat, because he really misses Hope (they’ve been apart for almost three days now), and he’s anxious to have her in his arms again. Hope is similarly impatient. Brad assures her, though, that he’ll get the paperwork done quickly, and that they’ll only be apart for a few weeks longer.

Stage 3: “Confusion”. Brad has submitted a dozen forms, three of which were returned to him (after several weeks) with boilerplate letters from the INS telling him he needs to clarify, add, delete, or reiterate something. To his surprise, the INS also wants to know when the last time he went moose hunting in Canada was, whether he bagged a moose, and why he chose to go moose hunting instead of duck hunting, since Canada has some really cool duck hunting spots, or so the INS has been led to believe by the folks next door. In the Philippines, Hope learns that she must make a twelve hour bus ride to Manila, at which point she will stand in line for another six hours to get into the U.S. Embassy, assuming the bus doesn’t drive off the side of a cliff, or get swallowed by lahar, or get incinerated by a volcanic explosion.

Stage 4: “Resentment”. Brad is getting bitter and Hope if falling into despair. Brad finds himself saying things like, “What business does the government have to tell me whom I can or cannot marry? What right does the government have to keep me and my fiancée apart? Isn’t this a free country?” Desperate and bitter, he tries to get creative. Maybe he can get her a tourist visa, or a work visa, or an education visa, he thinks. Sure, those would be fraudulent visas, but it serves the government right for keeping him and his fiancée apart! Hope, at this stage, has been standing in line for three weeks and has lost feeling in both legs. She can’t even remember what she’s in line for anymore, though she hopes it tastes good.

Stage 5: “Rebellion”. Brad has been told by cooler heads that he has no hope of bringing Hope to the U.S. via a fraudulent visa, and that even if he pulled it off, Hope would be beheaded by the INS if she were ever found out. Well, beheaded or deported, the cooler heads can’t exactly remember what the penalty is, but whatever it is, they’re sure it’s very bad. Brad decides to write his Senator a forceful letter protesting his treatment by the INS. The Senator has the letter date stamped and triple-notarized before folding it into a paper airplane and throwing it out his office window. In the off-chance that it catches a headwind and flies back through his window and lands on his desk, he may act on it, but he’d prefer that it fly quietly to the ground below and poke out the eye of a Senator from the other party.

Stage 6: “Despair”. Brad hasn’t heard from the INS in weeks and has no idea where his petition stands. He’s grown paranoid, and studies the photocopies of every form he submitted, riddled with anxiety. Do his O’s look like zeroes? Is that causing a problem, maybe? Should he have written “an” instead of “a” in that narrative about the moose hunt? Has the INS trashed his form and rejected his petition because he’s such a poor writer? Can they even do that? He calls INS and spends hours on hold only to be told that INS has his petition and is processing it. When he asks if there’s a problem, he’s certain that he can hear INS staffers laughing in the background and asking, “Is that the guy?!” Brad has taken out a second mortgage on his liver in order to pay for all of Hope’s expenses, plus those associated with the immigration paperwork itself. He’s comforted somewhat by the news that Hope will be off her crutches soon.

Stage 7: “Zombieland”. Brad is in a daze. At work he spends his time lazily surfing Filipino Internet sites. At home, he mopes. He begins to doubt himself and his plan to marry Hope. He begins to think Hope has found someone else during his long absence. He grows resentful of other married couples. Sometimes he thinks it would be better just to call the whole thing off, to tell Hope he loves her but fate won’t allow them to be together, but then he talks to her on the phone and falls in love again and cries himself to sleep.

Stage 8: “Victory”. Without warning, Brad learns from Hope or the INS or Santa Claus that his fiancée is free to catch the next plane or magical sleigh or flying carpet to the United States. Just like that. Gone today, here tomorrow. Brad spends an hour in absolute shock, then feints, then gets up and goes screaming into the streets like Jimmy Stewart at the conclusion of “It’s a Wonderful Life”. Because, at that point, it is, isn’t it?

The Odds. Never lose site of the fact that the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor...

Never seen that before...that is really funny....really sad, and really true....but funny.

Love It, Live It...Learn from it.

Sent I-130 & I-129F on 06/30/06 same day

I-129f sent to Chicago

I-130 sent to Neb. transf. to CSC.

I-129F Process

07/03/06 Rec. Date on I-129F

07/06/06 Notice Date on NOA1

07/09/06 I-129F Rec. in mail

I-130 Process

07/24/06 I-130 NOA1 rec'd in mail

Confirmed-Notice rec'd from CSC

07/03/06 Recd date on I-130 NOA1

07/20/06 Notice Date on NOA1

E-mail rec'd 09-29-06 I 130 APPROVED

10/17/06 NVC rec'd , awaiting case #

10/19/06 NVC gives case #

10/30/06 NVC sent DS-3032 & I-864 bill.

10/31/06 DS-3032 sent using J's s/c

10/31/06 Wife e-mails NVC agent

11/01/06 I rec'd DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill

11/07/06 NVC acccepts e-mailed agent

11/09/06 AOS Fee Bill O/N to NVC

11/13/06 NVC gnrts IV Bill

11/14/06 NVC rec'd AOS Fee Bill

11/21/06 I got IV Bill

11/22/06 IV Bill sent

11/30/06 IV Fee rec'd by NVC

12/04/06 I rec'd I-864 Pack

12/04/06 DS-230 gnrtd by NVC

12/05/06 I sent I-864

12/07/06 NVC got I-864

12/18/06 Sent DS-230 to NVC

12/20/06 DS-230 rec'd snail mail

12/21/06 E-mail from NVC, Rec'd DS-230

02/06/07 Case Complete at NVC

02/28/07 Left NVC

03/01/07 Rec'd In Manila

04/20/07 Interview..Approved & put on AR... :(

05/24/07 Visa Received

06/04/07 Rose is in the U.S. (POE.MSP)

06/10/07 Green Card Arrives in mail

06/12/07 S.S # received

04/02/07 Biometrics Complete St.Paul Office University Ave.

:thumbs: Just welcoming back sis PW!! :dance:

-rebelheart- (F)

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

VISA DELIVERED 3/16 IN BACOLOD CITY.. LYANN IS FLYING TO SFO ON FRI THE 23RD :)

Thank you all for the nice welcome back.

Masakit pa ang mga kasu-kasuan ko dahil sa therapy na yan :blush: But the truth is, the body pain is caused by too much diving. We did 2 dives each day and we were able to log 14 dives each. We saw a thresher shark, manta ray, sea turtles, and all kinds of fishes and corals. While Doug was ecstatic seeing those sea creatures I was half-terrified. Takot kaya ako makain ng shark! :lol:

Thanks again sillygirl for being the list caretaker. Vic&El, where was visa delivered please? It seems like we're not hearing from davidjack, binow, and jamrok so I will remove their names. Good luck to all interviewees this week ~ 49Bstreet, maylet, kismet, iya, boch and EllaJosh.

Edited to add: Oopps, speaking of jamrok, he just posted. Thanks for the news jamrok.

Legend:

OK - Visa approved

AR - Admin Review/Add'l Docs Required

ME - Military Expedite

AO - Age-Out (Derivative approaching age 21)

Name..................NOA2....MNL REC’D..PACKET...INTERVIEW..MNL CASE#..STATUS..DELIVERED/#OF DAYS/PLACE DLVRD

K1 LIST

01..vic&el4ever.....09-07-06..09-27-06..01-06-07..02-01-07..2006-768xxx..OK..Mar 16/44days /???

02..mydestiny.......09-21-06..10-23-06..xx-xx-xx..02-23-07..2006-783xxx..OK..Date and place delivered please

03..gobdogman.......09-07-06..10-20-06..xx-xx-xx..02-26-07..2006-789xxx..OK..Date and place delivered please

04..pnoy00pogi......09-26-06..10-18-06..01-08-07..02-26-07..2006-xxxxxx..OK..Date and place delivered please

05..patrick808......10-18-06..10-30-06..01-24-07..03-08-07..2006-800xxx..OK..Date and place delivered please

06..Joone745........10-20-06..11-01-06..xx-xx-xx..03-09-07..2006-800xxx..OK..Date and place delivered please

07..Wes.............11-02-06..11-17-06..12-29-06..03-20-07..2006-818xxx......Eagerly waiting for news

08..49bstreet.......09-29-06..11-21-06..01-23-07..03-21-07..2006-820xxx

09..maylet29........10-27-06..11-21-06..xx-xx-xx..03-22-07..2006-820xxx

10..kismet..........11-02-06..11-20-06..01-26-07..03-22-07..2006-820xxx

11..iya.............11-02-06..11-20-06..02-02-07..03-23-07..2006-820xxx

12..boch............11-08-06..11-29-06..01-05-07..03-23-07..2006-820xxx

13..B&N.............11-03-06..11-29-06..01-24-07..03-26-07..2006-824xxx

14..Alanlvsjudy.....11-06-06..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..03-27-07..2006-824xxx

15..EllaJosh........11-14-06..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..03-23-07..2006-834xxx

16..DeaniWait.......11-28-06..12-19-06..02-27-07..04-04-07..2006-842xxx

17..wthornton.......11-28-06..12-19-06..02-26-07..04-04-07..2006-842xxx

18..DocMay..........11-15-06..12-12-06..02-26-07..04-10-07..2006-845xxx

19..genlramos.......11-17-06..12-19-06..xx-xx-xx..04-11-07..2006-845xxx

20..DaveandFleur....10-17-06..12-19-06..02-28-07..04-11-07..2006-845xxx

21..George&Jenny....11-27-06..12-12-06..xx-xx-xx..04-10-07..2006-845xxx

22..PatientlyWait...12-04-06..12-27-06..02-26-07..04-13-07..2006-852xxx

23..Kayz............12-14-06..12-27-06..02-26-07..04-16-07..2006-854xxx

24..sanfrancisco....xx-xx-06..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..04-17-07..2006-8xxxxx

25..supra...........12-07-06..01-08-07..03-03-07..04-18-07..2006-860xxx

26..elmasguapo......12-15-06..01-08-07..xx-xx-xx..04-24-07..2006-xxxxxx

27..Dean/Gra........12-26-06..01-04-07..02-27-06..04-23-07..2007-503xxx

28..CocoPuff........12-29-06..01-16.07..03-03-07..04-25-07..2007-5xxxxx

29..Mike Marivic....01-04-07..01-20-07..02-26-07..04-24-07..2007-508xxx

30..MarieandBryan...01-10-07..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..04-27-07..2007-52xxxx

31..Skeeter211......01-17-07..02-27-07..xx-xx-xx..05-03-07..2007-52xxxx

32..chadandlira.....01-25-07..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..05-09-07..2007-536xxx

33..Honeysweet......02-01-07..02-20-07..xx-xx-xx..05-10-07..2007-540xxx

35..gracy_byron.....02-08-07...02-28-07..xx-xx-xx..05-18-07..2007-xxxxxx

36..chadmides.......02-12-07..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..05-10-07..2007-547xxx

37..David-MaeForev..02-27-07..03-14-07..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..2007-564xxx

K3 LIST

01..Glenn&Rosemarie.08-29-06..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..01-25-07..2006-750xxx..OK..Feb 01/07 days/Cagayan de Oro

02..KimTung.........10-06-06..10-26-06..12-21-06..02-16-07..2006-792xxx..OK..advised by consul to pursue CR on Mar 22

03..Archie07........10-16-06..10-24-06..xx-xx-xx..02-16-07..2006-xxxxxx..OK..Feb 26/10 days/??

04..dj2004..........11-16-06..12-12-06..02-27-07..04-03-07..2006-839xxx

05..M&M.............11-20-06..xx-xx-xx..03-02-07..04-16-07..2007-503xxx

06..Jeff&Boo........12-26-06..01-12-07..02-26-07..04-26-07..2007-5xxxxx

07..CherylandMike...02-05-07..02-26-07..xx-xx-xx..05-16-07..2007-546xxx

08..Robor007........02-06-07..02-20-07..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..2007-xxxxxx

IR-1/CR-1

Name.................NOA2.....CASE CMPLT..PACKET..INTERVIEW...MNL CASE#..STATUS

01..Jazzy...........08-03-06..10-17-06..12-30-06..02-08-07..2006-729xxx..OK..Mar 09/31 days/Cebu

02..w1n78...........09-05-06..11-16-06..02-05-07..03-02-07..2006-764xxx..AR... hang in there!

03..soulm8z0928.....09-06-06..11-16-06..02-05-07..03-14-07..2006-76xxxx..OK

04..M&M.............09-07-06..11-15-06..02-05-07..03-15-07..2006-765xxx..OK..Mar 19/4days/Taguig

05..dims1...........09-20-06..12-01-06..02-06-07..03-19-07..2006-775xxx..AR..hang in there!

06..KimTung.........09-26-06..12-21-06..xx-xx-xx..03-22-07..2006-779xxx

07..randynrose......09-29-06..02-06-07..03-06-07..04-20-07..2006-xxxxxx

08..StarProg........12-28-06..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..2007-508xxx

09..Robor007........02-06-07..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..xx-xx-xx..2007-xxxxxx

MY TIMELINE

05-18-2006 went home to the Philippines to visit her

06-02-2006 sent out I-129F

06-24-2006 NOA1

09-13-2006 TOUCHED for the first time :)

09-19-2006 IMBRA RFE mailed by CSC

09-20-2006 TOUCHED

09-23-2006 IMBRA RFE received

09-25-2006 IMBRA RFE mailed overnight to CSC

09-29-2006 IMBRA RFE received by CSC

10-01-2006 TOUCHED

10-16-2006 APPROVED via email!!!!!! (136 days later)

10-20-2006 received NOA2 in the mail

11-01-2006 Manila received

03-02-2007 Medical

03-09-2007 Interview

03-16-2007 Visa in hand

03-23-2007 flight to SFO

05-04-2007 civil wedding

09-07-2007 AOS interview

Timeline
Thank you for the info, patiently waiting.

Much appreciated.

I have the IRS Return Transcripts.

Looking at the IRS website, a copy of 1040 direct from IRS is about $39 for each tax year.

It also takes about 60 days since the day of request.

I assume that Manila Embassy meant the IRS Return "Transcripts"?

Maybe i'll just submit my own copy of 1040 (non-certified) in addition to the IRS Return Transcripts?

What do you or anyone think?

I was just thinking that paying $39 each for every tax year ----let's say 3 years (for 2 separate petitions); = almost $240........ is a bit much..........and I guess its too late to order that.-----(interview is in April)

Although not required, Consuls prefer 3 years of tax returns instead of just the most recent tax year di ba?

I hope Manila Embassy will accept IRS TAX RETURN /ACCOUNT "TRANSCRIPTS" instead of demanding certified copied of 1040s :crying:

Thank you, patiently waiting. We missed you here! (F)

Francel

Hope this helps.

I only sent Lyann a copy of my 2006 1040 (not certified) and W2 form.. i also included a Letter of Employment and copies of my last 3 paycheck stub.. the consul didn't ask for the IRS transcript.

MY TIMELINE

05-18-2006 went home to the Philippines to visit her

06-02-2006 sent out I-129F

06-24-2006 NOA1

09-13-2006 TOUCHED for the first time :)

09-19-2006 IMBRA RFE mailed by CSC

09-20-2006 TOUCHED

09-23-2006 IMBRA RFE received

09-25-2006 IMBRA RFE mailed overnight to CSC

09-29-2006 IMBRA RFE received by CSC

10-01-2006 TOUCHED

10-16-2006 APPROVED via email!!!!!! (136 days later)

10-20-2006 received NOA2 in the mail

11-01-2006 Manila received

03-02-2007 Medical

03-09-2007 Interview

03-16-2007 Visa in hand

03-23-2007 flight to SFO

05-04-2007 civil wedding

09-07-2007 AOS interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
for all those who recently come to the US, I hope your adjustment to life here is going well. Yazi and I had planned on an April 28th wedding date, but my dad fell and broke his hip yesterday. tomorrow he needs to have total hip replacement surgery. we'll have to wait till next week to adjust our wedding plans.

anyways, hope everyone here will have a long and happy together with their SO's.

Roy, I am happy to read that Yazi is adapting well to the USA. I am very sorry to hear about your father. All of you are in my prayers.

Timeline

Sorry to here about your Dad. We pray his surgery is successful and his recovery is speedy. Don't leave your wedding date too long, remember it's within 90 days of arrival. Mira arrived Feb 28th and life is really good, I would say she is adjusting better than I expected. Our wedding is April 21st and preparation is consuming most of our time.

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Roy, I am happy to read that Yazi is adapting well to the USA. I am very sorry to hear about your father. All of you are in my prayers.

Sorry to here about your Dad. We pray his surgery is successful and his recovery is speedy. Don't leave your wedding date too long, remember it's within 90 days of arrival. Mira arrived Feb 28th and life is really good, I would say she is adjusting better than I expected. Our wedding is April 21st and preparation is consuming most of our time.

Thanks glen and oakwell. we're just waiting till after the surgery to decide on any change in plans. might just go to county to get married and have another ceromony later on.

have a joyous wedding celebration oakwell.

VJ...

Our AOS was APPROVED today (21 Mar 07).

We had a very strange day at the USCIS building in downtown Los Angeles, CA. When we arrived (ahead of time... as usual), they said that we'd be waiting for awhile. We would not have been waiting too long because things appeared to progressing nicely, but guess what happened out of the blue, OH NO, a freakin' fire drill. Some loser pulled the fire alarm and the entire building was evacuated. The USCIS building is an eight story building. That's right! Eight Floors!!! And, of course, there was no fire, no emergency, no reason, and no cause to pull the fire alarm. Don't you just love juvenile behavior? NOT! So that took about an hour or more because everyone had to evacuate, go through the security check again, get back to their prospective areas, and get back to business. Not to mention it was lunch time when it was all said and done. Whoa! So that meant that some of those folks were heading right back out the door for lunch. Gsss! The good thing is that since the consular officer's day was so impacted by the fire drill, we breezed in and out of his office in about 10 minutes. Not to mention, more than half the folks that were there when we arrived at 9:45am for our 10:05am appointment all of a sudden disappeared. Who knew! Anywho, the consular officer asked for copies of our passports, a copy of Jhen's visa, the sealed copy of the I-693A from the civil surgeon (the TD shot is not available in the Philippines so we took care of that upon Jhen's arrival here in the States and transferred the DS-3025 report to the I-693A), a copy of the certified marriage license, he reviewed our wedding photo album, and asked for evidence of relationship stuff (we supplied copies of identification cards showing the same address, copies of our medical insurance cards and official letters from the insurance companies with our names on them, copies of official letters from the bank of our joint savings and checking accounts, and a copy of our joint lease agreement). The consular officer told us we were approved and provided us with an official letter indicated that our Permanent Resident Card (PRC) will be mailed within 90 days. However, he said that he would attempt to complete the paperwork so that it would arrive in about two weeks or so. He also gave us a notice of conditional residency, which states that Jhen has been granted conditional residency under Section 216A of the Immigration and Nationality Act and must file to remove the conditions within 90 days or face removal from the United States. It was quick, fast, and most importantly... painless.

Thanks for all the good vibes for a successful AOS interview...

Cheers!!!

Ahmari & Jhen (Sheriff Uling)

NOTE: We're official on USCIS vacation... SWEET!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

congratulations on your approval :D so i guess now we can go and have dinner and drinks on brother ULING! yahooie...

we're still stuck on FBI namechecks... one thing i remembered, my boytoy and his brother both have his father's first name. Larry. all in all there are three LARRY's in his family... thus the name hits....TOINK!!!!!!!!!!

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.