johnholmessc

DCF Italy - Rome...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I just registered on VisaJourney several minutes ago but have been snooping around for the past few days. I am a US citizen residing in Italy with a regular "Permesso di Soggiorno", and have been married to an Italian citizen since September of 2007. We have a 17 month old daughter who has dual US and Italian citizenship.

At the beginning of this month, I mailed a packet containing the I-130/G-325A forms along with pictures/documentation/etc. to the US Embassy in Rome after speaking with the Embassy several times on the phone. This was done via Registered Mail with a return receipt showing that the documentation was received on the 10th/11th of February. However, I have not yet heard anything from the Embassy and just wanted to know if this was normal or not? Should I receive some type of Notice of Arrival in the mail, or wait for an e-mail from them??! My biggest concern is not having a case number or anything like that given that I mailed in the petition instead of going to Rome (a 10 hour trip from Sicily and very difficult with a crazy little girl!!). I understand that mailing in instead of filing in person might cause a bit of a delay, but what should I expect now and when I should I expect to hear something from them?

Just to be precise, I followed the checklist on the US Embassy Rome website to the letter.

I would sincerely appreciate any info/advice someone could give me regarding this issue. Thanks and take care.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Don't know about Italy, but I did DCF in Ireland and also mailed the I-130 in by post. I didn;t hear anything for over two weeks (see my timeline below), so I wouldn't be too worried. If you haven't heard anything for a month, maybe give them a call.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Thanks everyone...

With respect to the method of payment, I contacted my bank in the US (Bank of America) and had them send me a money order for the stated amount. I guess I will give them a call to see if they are able to tell me if it has been cashed or not. I had also sent an e-mail to the Embassy on Friday but haven't yet heard back from them (which is normal given response times from previous communcations). I was going to wait until hearing back from them via e-mail instead of pestering on the phone. Anyway, hopefully this all works out as I'm really nearing the end of my rope when it comes to living outside the US... :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.