keltic

Government forms are easy as pie....

6 posts in this topic

i just have to vent my spleen... i am FURIOUS...

all the paperwork that we have to deal with going thru the visa/EAD/AOS process... thru getting married and getting licenses and such...

all of it is fairly self explanatory... and most of it actually does make sense if you think about it...

but...

trying to get my husband enrolled in my benefits program at work... AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have found out now, that because of the most confusing form i have ever had to deal with (all thru school, thru 3 different states nursing boards, the govt, a previous marriage and divorce, and 3 different hospitals documentation)... that my husband will not be covered with dependent life insurance... and i cant change it until NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!

and there are no exceptions... no RFE's... nothing...

oh, but i can be comforted by the fact that he IS covered by accidental death and dismemberment... so, if he dies of a heart attack or cancer, then there is no benefits... but hey.... die in a tragic accident and all is well... thats the lovely consolation i was given by the representative :wacko::angry:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

such loyalty to their employees... i feel so warm and welcome and treasured at my job :ranting:

*goes to vomit

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If they do not cover your husband under dependence life insurance as they stated during your consultation, can you ask them NOT charging you the premium that they are charging you now, since you do not get the full coverage and have no beneficiary for that part of the insurance policy.... Tell them you want to cancel this and enroll to the program as a NEW enrollment, since you are now married (Life changing event, for most policies)... you can modify your policies and do not have to wait until NOV.... Try that!!! I don't know who you work for but sound like a crappy policies they have which need to be changed...

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

That doesnt sound right to me either. Dont see why he cant be added now that you are married. Hope you get this sorted out soon. :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know with my husband's benefits, there was only two times during the year that he could add any beneficiaries to his plan. It was frustrating, but he couldn't do anything about it.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

If they do not cover your husband under dependence life insurance as they stated during your consultation, can you ask them NOT charging you the premium that they are charging you now, since you do not get the full coverage and have no beneficiary for that part of the insurance policy.... Tell them you want to cancel this and enroll to the program as a NEW enrollment, since you are now married (Life changing event, for most policies)... you can modify your policies and do not have to wait until NOV.... Try that!!! I don't know who you work for but sound like a crappy policies they have which need to be changed...

our life changing event happened during the regular annual reenrollment... and even tho i requested the form sent to me during the time period required... they sent me a form requiring MY information (ht, wt, risk factors, etc) to determine HIS eligibility... i called back and explained, and they said they would send the correct form... i got another of the same ones... i tried calling several times and the lines were tied up so no representatives were available, and they dont let you hold, just hang you up... i tried to go online and get it taken care of... again, it was asking for MY information... i dont mean, identification purposes... i mean determining MY eligibility... ive already been covered for 3 1/2 yrs by this company...

so, fast forward and its been over 30 days (the time limit) and i still dont have a form requesting HIS information for eligibility... so, the case is closed and cant be opened until next NOV...

when i called, turns out... i was supposed to NOT fill in ANY of the information on myself and send the form back in... even tho the form says if its not complete, it cant be processed... could they have told me that when i called the first time and asked if it was the right form and told them what i needed? would have been nice

i wont be paying for it, it was supposed to be something they covered without charge to the employee... and even tho i updated my information with human resources when i got my divorce, they continued coverage on my EXhusband until i called specifically to have it changed

so, we arent out any money unless he dies of something other than an accident in the next 8 months... but i didnt really feel that was a great consolation offer from the lady at the benefits center

I know with my husband's benefits, there was only two times during the year that he could add any beneficiaries to his plan. It was frustrating, but he couldn't do anything about it.

thats what is so frustrating about it... some things should be a little easier...

i expected tons of forms and fees when dealing with the govt... but this totally has taken me by surprise

and i feel totally helpless... and that makes me even more upset

*sigh

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.