Lewis

Recalled NOA2 people

247 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

By the time they cancelled my interview I called them and they said the petitioner wouldn´t need to do anything.

The case would only go to NVC and come back to Brazil.

Then I called them and told them about the DoS statement. they didn´t know anything about it.

If it wasn´t VJ I would be still thinking they were right.

--

Our situation is so strange... It´s not only a few cases. Vermont has 1100 petitions in the same situations as we are. Why aren´t they touching it????

I feel useless. Another weekend and I can´t do anything about it.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

---

Guys, more people sharing info that they are receiving emails from USCIS stating their RFEs are on the way.

And their receipt date is from May!

What if we are wrong? What if we´ll be the last ones getting the RFEs?

I don´t know. I just don´t see my status changing online, and maybe they don´t either. Maybe they just see us as APPROVED and don´t know we need to supply more information.

That would be the worst case scenario.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Another possibility is that there is a huge backlog of these cases right now and we will get our RFES along with everyone else. It does appear so far that receipt date has nothing to do with when you will have your RFE sent, although not many of us were contacted when this "recall" began. The lack of any "touching" may also have to do with this unexpected event and the way the email system recognizes cases. In any case, I will continue to call, email and do whatever I can to figure out what is going on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

ok...breath....

i called vermont today. stella says my case is back at vermont (i called NVC yesterday to make sure it went back to vermont. my congressman's office found out for me it was at NVC and that NVC was holding all recalled petitions until IMBRA is implemented) and it will be "awhile" before a letter goes out (you mean RFE? yes, she said.) i asked how long and she said "a couple weeks to a month." i asked if the recalled will be done first and she said "yes, that's the way it works, those petitions will be handled first."

how much does stella really know? after all the stories i have heard from CIS, NVC, DHS i am taking this with a grain of salt. but at least i confirmed it's back at vermont. monday i am calling my congressman again.

i can only assume at this point (entering danger zone) that the RFE's going out now might require more because those cases aren't approved yet. or am i hoping?

cheers

PS and it is a damn good question - why haven't any USC's received anything about our recalled petitions due to IMBRA?

Timeline
Another possibility is that there is a huge backlog of these cases right now and we will get our RFES along with everyone else. It does appear so far that receipt date has nothing to do with when you will have your RFE sent, although not many of us were contacted when this "recall" began. The lack of any "touching" may also have to do with this unexpected event and the way the email system recognizes cases. In any case, I will continue to call, email and do whatever I can to figure out what is going on.

Another good chance we have is that they may never change the status of our case and our RFE may be on our way...

Timeline
ok...breath....

i called vermont today. stella says my case is back at vermont (i called NVC yesterday to make sure it went back to vermont. my congressman's office found out for me it was at NVC and that NVC was holding all recalled petitions until IMBRA is implemented) and it will be "awhile" before a letter goes out (you mean RFE? yes, she said.) i asked how long and she said "a couple weeks to a month." i asked if the recalled will be done first and she said "yes, that's the way it works, those petitions will be handled first."

how much does stella really know? after all the stories i have heard from CIS, NVC, DHS i am taking this with a grain of salt. but at least i confirmed it's back at vermont. monday i am calling my congressman again.

i can only assume at this point (entering danger zone) that the RFE's going out now might require more because those cases aren't approved yet. or am i hoping? i am curious to see the RFE's being sent now.

cheers

PS and it is a damn good question - why haven't any USC's received anything about our recalled petitions due to IMBRA?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Nice, that's a good idea, I may call my congressman on Monday also. Yesterday the USCIS told me they have my petition and the RFE won't go out for 2-3 weeks. Who knows? But thanks for the encouragement!

STAY Positive!

Timeline
ok...breath....

i can only assume at this point (entering danger zone) that the RFE's going out now might require more because those cases aren't approved yet. or am i hoping?

cheers

I don´t think she got the information right, with all respect.

:)

I was told by both NVC and USC that my case was back there on May21st.

This is a fact.

My opinion, though, is that they wouldn´t send a RFE that hasn´t anything to do with IMBRA, because they can´t proces cases if they aren´r compliant with it.

And also, the form is out. The RFE template is ready. Immediately may not mean NOW, but it can´t be a month either.

People also have called USCIS that confirmed RFEs were on the way.

The only thing is that we won´t get a better answer than your Congresswoman did.

But I´m trying again on monday.

Timeline
but at least my congresswoman was able to track down my case when i couldn't and she has gotten other calls about recalled cases so i am hoping i can light another spark under her to find out more.

Definitely!!!

That´s one less thing for you to worry about.

You know where your case is. Good thing we have this thread going. We are all in the same place.

Let´s wait and see what these RFEs people will get says.

If it´s not about IMBRA we can hope things will be in order. If not, we´ll need to keep calling USCIS.

Timeline
Nice, that's a good idea, I may call my congressman on Monday also. Yesterday the USCIS told me they have my petition and the RFE won't go out for 2-3 weeks. Who knows? But thanks for the encouragement!

STAY Positive!

hi lewis,

i made an appointment and went to my congresswoman's office personally the first time (which we all have the right to). the woman who helped me got on the phone right away and found out where my petition was and what the deal was with imbra. she called me a couple days later (6/5) after doing even more research (someone cares!) to tell me all recalled are being held at NVC and CIS said "it is a priority for them to get this done" (IMBRA implemented). they (she and congresswoman) are now figuring out what to do next as there are a few people who have contacted them about being recalled. i found her to be extremely helpful as 3 weeks of calls to CIS, NVC, DHS, & consulate didn't give me any answers.

monday i am calling to get another appointment as my list of questions has grown, yet again.

STAYing PoSitIve!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

NO1 -- Mar 8th

NOA2--Mar 22nd

Interview May 15, cancelled on May 11th,

Petition received back at Vermont on June 1st......no touches

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Timeline

STAY Positive!

hi lewis,

i made an appointment and went to my congresswoman's office personally the first time (which we all have the right to). the woman who helped me got on the phone right away and found out where my petition was and what the deal was with imbra. she called me a couple days later (6/5) after doing even more research (someone cares!) to tell me all recalled are being held at NVC and CIS said "it is a priority for them to get this done" (IMBRA implemented). they (she and congresswoman) are now figuring out what to do next as there are a few people who have contacted them about being recalled. i found her to be extremely helpful as 3 weeks of calls to CIS, NVC, DHS, & consulate didn't give me any answers.

monday i am calling to get another appointment as my list of questions has grown, yet again.

STAYing PoSitIve!

I´m putting all my hopes (for a clear answer) on your appointment.

:)

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Trying to stay positive with the rest of you but it is hard. Congratualtions to those who have learned their applications were recieved. I cannot get anything out of these people about where ours is. Has anyone recieved notice of RFE from our group?

04/03/06 NOA1

04/12/06 NOA2 Approval

05/06/06 Interview Scheduled 06/29/06

05/23/06 Interview Cancelled :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.