Popcorn Henry

Urgent I-134 Question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello! This is urgent because we are mailing the documents today. I need to know on part of 8. of the I-134 where it lists the dependents. My dad is not signing but my mom is and I want to know does she put his dependents or him or nothing on there? He is the worker not her, but she has assetts. Do they need proof of assetts? Please help! Thank you!

Edited by ~Dream~Love~

Is it safe to assume she's not listing any income? (as in, not your father's or any)

As with anything listed on this form - if you're listing assets, you have to document those assets - in other words, you can not just say "house", "boat", "cars" etc - you have to document their worth. Just like you would for income with a recent tax return and its supporting documents. Keep in mind, assets are not dollar for dollar but $3 to $1.

Example - listing a home as an asset: Document home's worth (tax records, mortgage records, etc) and how much of the home is actually owned vs what is still being paid for (which a mortgage statement would do). :thumbs:

Is it safe to assume she's not listing any income? (as in, not your father's or any)

As with anything listed on this form - if you're listing assets, you have to document those assets - in other words, you can not just say "house", "boat", "cars" etc - you have to document their worth. Just like you would for income with a recent tax return and its supporting documents. Keep in mind, assets are not dollar for dollar but $3 to $1.

Example - listing a home as an asset: Document home's worth (tax records, mortgage records, etc) and how much of the home is actually owned vs what is still being paid for (which a mortgage statement would do). :thumbs:

Can she put his income as hers?

What about 11. I intend or do not intend for my mom and for me too?

Edited by ~Dream~Love~

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

No, she can't put his income as hers and she can't use assets she owns jointly with him. To qualify as sponsor, she must qualify on her own. With no income, she could only declare and document assets that are in her name only. She would need to document they are in her name only. This is not likely to happen in a day or two, if at all.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Oh, ok then thank you for replying.

Anyone know what to do about dependents and I inted or do not intend?

What do we put as employer if I am a student and she is getting SSI?

Edited by ~Dream~Love~

Anyone know what to do about dependents and I inted or do not intend?

See the example form for what has worked for most VJers.

What do we put as employer if I am a student and she is getting SSI?

For you - "Student". For her, "Retired" or "Disabled" or whatever her current situation is.

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.