rela

i feel that my life is finishing now

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

The question is, are you legally married? Some cultures have separate civil and religious marriages, and in some consulates if the religious is complete and the legal component is imcomplete, you are not married. It really depends on the jurisdiction and the law of the country. In order to apply for a K1 visa, both of you need to be "free to be married". If that is no longer the case, make certain that you complete the legal portion of your marriage if appropriate and file for a K3 or CR1 visa. It depends very much on the laws of the country you are in and whether you are considered married at this point.

If in doubt, contact an appropriate immigration attorney and/or the local embassy.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

thanks i hope they trust me and he sure miss spoke he say want mean we cannot separate and we promise get marry but he use the wrong way because in counsula tell me to leave him he have much problime

rela,

I wouldnt worry about it. If you guys are questioned about it, just be honest..tell them it wasnt a registered marriage and your fiance' mis-spoke. Tell them what you told us, that you had an orfi marriage.

Good Luck and try not to freak out. :)

Lisa

Timeline

no not legally maried now i have document counsula need but scare go give him document realy dont know what to do

The question is, are you legally married? Some cultures have separate civil and religious marriages, and in some consulates if the religious is complete and the legal component is imcomplete, you are not married. It really depends on the jurisdiction and the law of the country. In order to apply for a K1 visa, both of you need to be "free to be married". If that is no longer the case, make certain that you complete the legal portion of your marriage if appropriate and file for a K3 or CR1 visa. It depends very much on the laws of the country you are in and whether you are considered married at this point.

If in doubt, contact an appropriate immigration attorney and/or the local embassy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The only question keeping you from being granted the visa, it seems to me, is that your boyfriend has not provided the written proof that is necessary that he will be able to support the two of you. This consists of bank statements, income tax returns, a letter from his employer, and a letter from an officer of his bank, all on official paper. The instructions are quite clear. Apparently he has ignored them. You must have these original papers in your own hands when you go to the interview. Sending them by e-mail is not enough; he must ship the original papers to you by FedEx or some other mail service.

After being denied the visa twice, each time for that reason, I am observing that your boyfriend is not doing his part and may have a bad attitude about the whole thing. This is probably why the consulate advised you that he seems to have problems and maybe you should drop him.

Is there any feeling on your part that he is no longer interested in you? If he is really interested in you, then he needs to do what the U.S. requires him to do.

Your Muslim ceremony is of no interest to the consulate, since the two of you are not married yet. It enabled him to sleep with you, that's all it did.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
thanks i hope they trust me and he sure miss spoke he say want mean we cannot separate and we promise get marry but he use the wrong way because in counsula tell me to leave him he have much problime

rela,

I wouldnt worry about it. If you guys are questioned about it, just be honest..tell them it wasnt a registered marriage and your fiance' mis-spoke. Tell them what you told us, that you had an orfi marriage.

Lisa

wait, the consulate told you to leave him!? :unsure:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

yes now i have proof show he make good money and we was late go counsula because he was have to get piepre from court show he not obliger to pay alimoney to his ex wife is that mean counsula will not care if we marry islamic

The only question keeping you from being granted the visa, it seems to me, is that your boyfriend has not provided the written proof that is necessary that he will be able to support the two of you. This consists of bank statements, income tax returns, a letter from his employer, and a letter from an officer of his bank, all on official paper. The instructions are quite clear. Apparently he has ignored them. You must have these original papers in your own hands when you go to the interview. Sending them by e-mail is not enough; he must ship the original papers to you by FedEx or some other mail service.

After being denied the visa twice, each time for that reason, I am observing that your boyfriend is not doing his part and may have a bad attitude about the whole thing. This is probably why the consulate advised you that he seems to have problems and maybe you should drop him.

Is there any feeling on your part that he is no longer interested in you? If he is really interested in you, then he needs to do what the U.S. requires him to do.

Your Muslim ceremony is of no interest to the consulate, since the two of you are not married yet. It enabled him to sleep with you, that's all it did.

Timeline

yes they tell me so they tell me leave him finish these relationship and start new he have big problime i dont know why u want these guy

rela,

Lisa

wait, the consulate told you to leave him!? :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

yes they tell me so they tell me leave him finish these relationship and start new he have big problime i dont know why u want these guy

wow, the consulate tells someone to leave his/her finace(e), I don't think that is even legal...oh I guess you can't do anything about this comment...

I had a problem that was similar...

In Iran religious marriages are considered legally binding. So, I sent an email saying if our planned religious ceremony will be legally binding, their answer was:

"If the ceremony you are referring to in your e-mail message is registered in

your birth certificate (shenasname) it is considered a marriage and your

fiancée cannot receive a K1 visa after that. If no official documentation is

received after the ceremony and the religious marriage is not registered with

the Iranian government it would not be binding."

Now you need to ask for the rules in your country.

K-1 VISA

I-129F SENT: 12/09/2008

Visa Received : 11/05/2009

Marriage : 12/24/2009

AOS

I-485 SENT : 02-22-2010 Received by USCIS text message: 03/03/2010

BIO: 03-26-2010

INTERVIEW: 06-08-2010

APPROVAL: 06/08/2010

CARD RECEIVED:

EAD

I-765 SENT: 02-22-2010 Received by USCIS text message: 03/03/2010

BIO: 03-26-2010

CARD RECEIVED:05/24/2009

AP

I-131 SENT: 02-22-2010 Received by USCIS text message: 03/03/2010

NOA hard copy: 03-08-2010

DOCUMENT RECEIVED: 05/10/2009

Timeline

we have no registe is that mean i have nathing to scare? and is not legale in marocco do isamic maried plus i get no ring no mahre mean even islamic is not make and him just miss undrestane whene he see imame read quran

Timeline

we have no registe is that mean i have nathing to scare? and is not legale in marocco do isamic maried plus i get no ring no mahre mean even islamic is not make and him just miss undrestane whene he see imame read quran

Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.