eagles24

question about interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone.

Im waiting to send the I 129F on Tuesday. I have 2 questions.

I paid a money order to pay for the I 129F application, is it possible to track if they cashed my money order??

also, am I going to be interviewed by the embassy or anyone since I am sending the application to bring over my fiancee? If so, how am I going to be interviewed? I hope its not from the phone, because I have trouble hearing through the phone :/

Thanks everyone

-February 17th, 2009 I-129F application sent

-February 19th, 2009 I-129F arrived in Vermont

-February 26th, 2009 received NOA1

-June 30th, 2009 NOA2 approved

-July 29, 2009 Medical exam passed

-September 3, 2009 Interview passed!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey everyone.

I paid a money order to pay for the I 129F application, is it possible to track if they cashed my money order??

also, am I going to be interviewed by the embassy or anyone since I am sending the application to bring over my fiancee? If so, how am I going to be interviewed? I hope its not from the phone, because I have trouble hearing through the phone :/

Thanks everyone

Money orders can only be tracked by calling the number on your money orders receipt and entering the MO #, but you will only know it has been cashed, nothing else. If it never gets cashed, it's harder to track it down. I would suggest a personal check, because they are easier to track and you will be able to get your case # from the back of the check once you see it has been cashed and see a copy of your cashed check through your bank.

If you are the US citizen, then you won't have an interview with embassy, only your fiance before they come. The interviews you will be a part of come after the Fiance has come to US and are for the AOS (Adjustment of Status[green card]) process and then yes you both must attend those in US.

***Our personal time line***

04/27/2008 ~ We met

01/23/2009 ~ Sent I-129F

05/23/2009 ~ I-129F approved

07/09/2009 ~ His interview in Casa

07/24/2009 ~ Received Visa

08/12/2009 ~ Arrived in US!

09/25/2009 ~ Married!

10/30/2009 ~ Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/2009 ~ Received Biometrics appointment letter

12/08/2009 ~ Biometrics appointment

01/06/2010 ~ AOS case transferred to CSC (California Service Center)

01/07/2010 ~ AP approved

01/19/2010 ~ Recv'd Work Auth card in mail

02/24/2010 ~ AOS approved and card production began

03/01/2010 ~ Received Green Card in the mail

♥A man is not where he lives, but where he loves.♥ - Latin proverb-

Hey everyone.

Thanks everyone

Interview is mainly for the fiance. Depending on the country the petitioner can sometimes go if they want to.

Makes for a better chance of being approved in most cases.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
Hey everyone.

Thanks everyone

Money orders can only be tracked by calling the number on your money orders receipt and entering the MO #, but you will only know it has been cashed, nothing else. If it never gets cashed, it's harder to track it down. I would suggest a personal check, because they are easier to track and you will be able to get your case # from the back of the check once you see it has been cashed and see a copy of your cashed check through your bank.

If you are the US citizen, then you won't have an interview with embassy, only your fiance before they come. The interviews you will be a part of come after the Fiance has come to US and are for the AOS (Adjustment of Status[green card]) process and then yes you both must attend those in US.

Ahh, one more thing I meant to suggest, make sure you send your package with delivery or signature c0onfirmation. This is for your piece of mind and so you know they receive it and are not left guessing or worrying if it got lost in the mail. Neither cost that much more and really are worth not stressing over the location of your papers.

Hey everyone.

Thanks everyone

Ahh, one more thing I meant to suggest, make sure you send your package with delivery or signature c0onfirmation. This is for your piece of mind and so you know they receive it and are not left guessing or worrying if it got lost in the mail. Neither cost that much more and really are worth not stressing over the location of your papers.

Some countries will not allow anyone but the fiance attend the K-1 interview.

04/27/2008 ~ We met

01/23/2009 ~ Sent I-129F

09/25/2009 ~ Married!

01/07/2010 ~ AP approved

Send it USPS EXPRESS.

Gets there overnight and you can track it and confirm it was signed for.

I don't think you can get the receipt number from the checks anymore as USCIS now cashes them electronically.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
Send it USPS EXPRESS.

Gets there overnight and you can track it and confirm it was signed for.

I don't think you can get the receipt number from the checks anymore as USCIS now cashes them electronically.

Mine was cashed electronically on 1/27/09 and I got it from the back of the electronic copy of mine. They send a copy of front and back of check to your bank electronically.

Edited by Jan&Rachid

04/27/2008 ~ We met

01/23/2009 ~ Sent I-129F

09/25/2009 ~ Married!

01/07/2010 ~ AP approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
The second sentence above is true; the first sentence may or may not be, and the answer about what you might face is crucial. Without seeing information in your timeline, we can't specifically comment. I highly recommend reading the current thread "Interview at the Consulate" in the K-1 progress & case subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Jan, Rachid, and Haole, God bless you all for your time to answer my questions.

It relaxed my mind because I was worried that they would call me on the phone and I might screw up.

I already ordered the money order :/ but hopefully they will cash it. I will as well send it USPS express and ask confirmation number that they received it.

Just one more question, my fiancee would like to know, after she comes to the States, how long does she has to stay in here before going to visit her parents back to her own country?

Thank you soooo much.

Here is the list what I will send:

-payment

-I 129F (a paper explaining how we met)

-G 325 from both with passport pictures

-letter of intend to marry from both, hers was translated officially

-pictures of us during engagement, during winter time

-copies of my passport US citizen certification copy

-copies of passport stamp

-copy of ticket

-phone bills about 5 while the rest fiancee will take to the embassy)

-about 5 emails (while the rest fiancee will take to the embassy)

did i miss anything??

-February 17th, 2009 I-129F application sent

-February 19th, 2009 I-129F arrived in Vermont

-February 26th, 2009 received NOA1

-June 30th, 2009 NOA2 approved

-July 29, 2009 Medical exam passed

-September 3, 2009 Interview passed!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.