GS4EVER

How do we File this year's taxes? As single or married?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
why do they have to make things so difficult when you are married??? Its no wonder why people just shack up and have a few kids. You make out better at the end of the year

I agree so not fair K1 is getting approved before we do! Since when being legally married to someone can delay their arrival home and being unmarried and simply engaged allows you to enter the US quicker??? I realize those coming in with K 1 still have to go through their adjustment of status and I would take that choice any day had I not been told that with K3 my husband will enter in 6 mons! What a waste of money! :no: Seeing as how the I 130 and K 3 are being approved together, I am starting to wonder if this is a ploy to gather fees when nothing has changed in the process. We should all get a refund! And now it's further complicated cz of taxes...urghhhhhhhh :wacko:

7 months today and it's starting to become ridiculous......... :bonk: And I know there have been people waiting longer than us so I try to stay focused and not freak out as much.

I will post as soon as I have a response from my lawyer.

Hang in there everyone :)

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys rock!!.

I am planning to file W-7 with my tax return . The problem I have is that my wife does not work and have absolutely no income. What do I do , I read the 519 from IRS but it does not point to any form. The other thing is that I have copies of her passport but they are not notarized.

Question 1.

What do I do in the situation where My wife dont have any income. Any one know any form number etc

You should probably file MFJ with your wife getting an ITIN, also follow Pub 519 and claim her as a full time resident in the US. Her foreign income will be taxed but in your case that is 0.

Q 2

Will the tax form with MFJ need to be signed by her?

Yes and the W7 for the ITIN.

I am so frustrated by these taxes , if i files MFS I loose so much money. Please help!

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
You guys rock!!.

I am planning to file W-7 with my tax return . The problem I have is that my wife does not work and have absolutely no income. What do I do , I read the 519 from IRS but it does not point to any form. The other thing is that I have copies of her passport but they are not notarized.

Question 1.

What do I do in the situation where My wife dont have any income. Any one know any form number etc

You should probably file MFJ with your wife getting an ITIN, also follow Pub 519 and claim her as a full time resident in the US. Her foreign income will be taxed but in your case that is 0.

Q 2

Will the tax form with MFJ need to be signed by her?

Yes and the W7 for the ITIN.

I am so frustrated by these taxes , if i files MFS I loose so much money. Please help!

Thank you so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.