37 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline
If I'm asking here is because the States are so hard that is pratically impossible undarstand what to do...that was made from people that was coming from all over and now if I want to fart in my hotel's room in Miami I must have a Visa.

:rofl:

I wonder what the biometrics are for that one.

:rofl:

OP, I don't see why you are complaining so much - being from Italy you can easily visit the US on the visa waiver (as in, visit her and return to Europe, not stay), and the K1 doesn't take *that* long - think about the people from countries where they have next to no hope of getting a visitor visa to see their loved ones, or where the K1 takes longer to process! If you file the K1 you can visit your fiancee while it is progress - it seems like it is the situation with her ex, not visa rules, that is keeping you apart.

Removing conditions:

10/9/10 - Package sent to Vermont

10/13/10 - NOA1 date, received 10/18

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is her ex-boyfriend really that scary that she'd be risking her life by dating someone else?

If so, I think you should attack that problem before immigration problems. Can she get a restraining order, and/or life with some friends/family for protection?

If you really are afraid of him murdering her, do you think you'll be able to live peacefully? There WILL be times where you won't be there to protect her.

Maybe she should immigrate to your country (?)

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

yes guys I'm scared for her because I dont want anything happen to her...she cannot come here untile her son will be adult and that means 4 years...that was our original plan but I got tired and I want to meet her...this is my intenction originally...just to meet each other but I want to know...if my feelings for her will become so much strong that I dont want to leave her nomore...that I want to get merry...can I be able to make it?

Specially thinkin about her ex that without me could act stupid...he had already a reatrictive order from her....so about that we are covered but it's not enought if U think that her son lives with her and she have to let him meet his son.

Anyway he's not scaring me cuz I have the abit of this kind of people...I grew up in the ghetto here so...I know how the this things goes and I know that he feels strong just because he knows her by herself. Everytime that something happened between them, was alway because her relatives was not home...but are few mounths that the things calmed down.

Anyway beeing with her he will know that she's not by herself and this is what I want.

What U would do at my place?

Really I need to meet her...but I want to know if after that I'll meet her I could have a chance to dont come back IF we want to get marry.

Sould I have to say at the POS that I'm going to meet a friend in the USA the 1st time that I'm entering?

Edited by bar1kenoby

Timeline

I dont want to appear like the one that want to make the things illegally. I don't want to risk so much...I just want to study all the options that I have. In that way I'll dont feel lost in the moment that something could happen.

yes guys I'm scared for her because I dont want anything happen to her...she cannot come here untile her son will be adult and that means 4 years...that was our original plan but I got tired and I want to meet her...this is my intenction originally...just to meet each other but I want to know...if my feelings for her will become so much strong that I dont want to leave her nomore...that I want to get merry...can I be able to make it?

Specially thinkin about her ex that without me could act stupid...he had already a reatrictive order from her....so about that we are covered but it's not enought if U think that her son lives with her and she have to let him meet his son.

Anyway he's not scaring me cuz I have the abit of this kind of people...I grew up in the ghetto here so...I know how the this things goes and I know that he feels strong just because he knows her by herself. Everytime that something happened between them, was alway because her relatives was not home...but are few mounths that the things calmed down.

Anyway beeing with her he will know that she's not by herself and this is what I want.

What U would do at my place?

Really I need to meet her...but I want to know if after that I'll meet her I could have a chance to dont come back IF we want to get marry.

Sould I have to say at the POS that I'm going to meet a friend in the USA the 1st time that I'm entering?

I understand you are in a very tough situation, and it's not hard to worry so much about a significant other.

How about this? She comes to visit you for a while... If things pan out, you could then marry and file for an IR-1/CR-1 or K-3 visa. Her ex boyfriend wouldn't need to know any more than "she went on vacation."

Love timeline:

K-1 timeline:

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

0605_10033471973.gif

Timeline

I would try to go there because she's got job when I've not one legal now in Italy...so I have the chance to move without to be worry. But your advise is the best and more sure thing to make and I'll take that in a very good consideration about to solve the situation.

With me coming there witch are the options that we could have?

I would try to go there because she's got job when I've not one legal now in Italy...so I have the chance to move without to be worry. But your advise is the best and more sure thing to make and I'll take that in a very good consideration about to solve the situation.

Not sure I understand your question, but check out the info on the different visa types in the guides here.

If you two marry, the IR-1/CR-1 will get you a green card right away, so you can work and travel as soon as you get to the states. For these reasons, it seems to be the more popular option for married couples.

Good luck

Love timeline:

K-1 timeline:

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

0605_10033471973.gif

Timeline

1. Could I be able to marry her even after...I dont know...for example....1 week that I'll be there with my vw?

2. Could I be able to stay there and ask for a AOS?

3. How long will take the procedure to make me come there if I'll be back in Italy counting that I live in the same city where there's the office more fast in Europe for the visas?

I just want to understand the timelines that all the options are going to give me if I'll come there and...what are the options that I'll have. U know, just to have in from of me the complete pictures of what is going to happen in all kind of situations that could happen

1. Could I be able to marry her even after...I dont know...for example....1 week that I'll be there with my vw?

3. How long will take the procedure to make me come there if I'll be back in Italy counting that I live in the same city where there's the office more fast in Europe for the visas?

I just want to understand the timelines that all the options are going to give me if I'll come there and...what are the options that I'll have. U know, just to have in from of me the complete pictures of what is going to happen in all kind of situations that could happen

1. That would vary with the marriage laws of the state. Many states have a waiting period. My suggestion was that she marry you in your country, in which case your country or local government would be the regulating factor.

2. Using VWP with the intent to "stay there" is fraud.

3. Depends on which type of visa. I think the K-3 is a little faster right now, but you're probably looking at 7-11 months either way. That varies though, so check out the timelines section of this site. If your love is true, it will survive the wait. Thousands of VisaJourney members have survived that wait.

Love timeline:

K-1 timeline:

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

0605_10033471973.gif

Timeline

1. That would vary with the marriage laws of the state. Many states have a waiting period. My suggestion was that she marry you in your country, in which case your country or local government would be the regulating factor.

2. Using VWP with the intent to "stay there" is fraud.

3. Depends on which type of visa. I think the K-3 is a little faster right now, but you're probably looking at 7-11 months either way. That varies though, so check out the timelines section of this site. If your love is true, it will survive the wait. Thousands of VisaJourney members have survived that wait.

Omg...excuseme if i didnt say every little word that i supposed to say...let me try again:

if I'll enter to visit her....that right now u can consider a good friend...just to make a trip around the cali...and just purcase our feelings could become so strong that we will get marry and I'll be ready to close my bankin accounts and all the other things that i have here because I'll want to stay there (without plan that from the start)...could I'll be able?

Your plan is still the same...getting married on VWP- that is the point you seem to be missing.

USCIS TIMELINE

N400 (Citizenship Application):

Package sent: 02/17/2012

NOA Date: 02/21/2012

Timeline

just leave it...I just want to understand all my options about what could or not happen. U still to answere judgin me and my plan...when I keep on say that the only plan right now...looking what U guys told me...is going there to meet her 1st and after who will live will see...if someone want to give me informations about the second chance without judging my "IF" and my "MAYBE"...I'll be happy to talk even in private.

And excuseme but I got tired to be judged from other people like me that have informations that I need and doesnt want to tell me anything.

I just wanted to have all the information...ALL...for all kind of things could happened....I had everything but I dont know why about the AOS nobody wants to tell me how that works even if I explaned enoght my situation.

Anyway...let's talk about all the other options....I'll try to have that from someone else.

Thank you

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

However many times you ask the question, you won't get a different answer from 'to enter with INTENT to marry AND STAY is fraud'. I'm afraid that won't change just because you don't like it. No one is judging you, just stating facts, it's nothing personal. If you are caught committing fraud, there are severe consequences, so would you rather everyone just tell you to do it, it'll be fine and then find out the consequences too late? Whatever you do in terms of immigration, you need to know what is correct and legal and what isn't, people are only telling you the rules as they apply to everyone. It's only to your benefit in the end to do this right, so if you really want to be with your girl, then it's in her best interests that you get this right.

People have given you options, again, you could:

- Have her visit you in Europe, only telling ex she is 'on vacation', either get engaged and file K1, or get married and file K3/CR1

- Visit her in US (maybe another city from where she lives, again to her ex she is just 'on vacation'), and again either get engaged and file K1 or get married, leave before the days you are allowed on the VWP expire, and file K3/CR1

The guides give you great info on the steps involved in either visa process, and also a comparison of the differences between the two.

Removing conditions:

10/9/10 - Package sent to Vermont

10/13/10 - NOA1 date, received 10/18

What do you mean? You do not have a job or do not have a legal job?

The fact is that you are not the first or the last person to meet his/her significant other via the internet, and feel in love. At this time, you do not qualify for any visa that would allow you to decide to stay if you marry while here. As an Italian citizen, you do have the right to use the VWP, but only to come to visit the US. Using the VWP for immigration purpose is not allowed. If as you say, you have no job in Italy, take a vacation and come see your woman. If she fears her ex-boyfriend, the two of you could meet in another city, or you can stay in a hotel or with friends rather than staying at her house.

Once you've met and spent time together, you can go back to Italy, and she can file a K-1 visa. In less than a year, you will be back here with a visa that is expressley made for the beneficiary to come to the US and marry his/her fiance(e). Do not speculate on what if, and can it be done? There is no visa for what you want to do...come here see if you two are really meant to be together and if so,...to stay.

You actualy have it easy in comparison with some others here....as the VWP is only for select countries. Others, who live in countries that do not have this program, must come up with other alternatives to meet.

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.