jade_arb

Employment letter

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We will have our interview in a week, I would like to know if my husband needs to get a second employment letter for the interview, we submitted it with all the forms back in June, is it necessary to get a other one with this month date??

My husband has the pay stubs and he still working in the same place

10/06 - Met online.

01/03/07 - Met in Person and started dating.

12/11/07 - Got Engaged.

01/05/08 - Got Married!!!

06/24/08 - Applied for I-130, I-485 and I765.

06/30/08 - Notice of Action

07/19/08 - Biometrics Appointment

08/26/08 - Received EAD card

12/29/08 - Letter interview date received in mail

02/23/09 - Interview date!!!----- APPROVED!!!

03/06/09 - Welcome letter in the mail.

03/13/09 - Green Card received in the mail!!

Removing Conditions

01/25/11 - Applied for I-751.

01/27/11 - I-797C, N.O.A issued

01/31/11 - Check cashed

02/04/11 - Received N.O.A

03/14/11 - Biometric appointment issued

03/19/11 - Biometric letter received in the mail

03/28/11 - Biometric appointment date.

06/24/11-Approval of ROC

06/27/11-Approval letter received

07/01/11- Green Card Received

B9gLm5.png.png.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

If it is not too much of an hassle, you can ask for it.

However, I highly doubt you need a new one. The recent pay stubs should be enough to show that your husband is still earning enough.

Edited by Lili

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline
We will have our interview in a week, I would like to know if my husband needs to get a second employment letter for the interview, we submitted it with all the forms back in June, is it necessary to get a other one with this month date??

You should have a copy of every doc you send there. Since you dont, I'd ask for another letter just to be on a safe side.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi There!

I was just wondering how your interview went this morning. I should have my interviews in the irving office also in a few months. If you could share details of the interview that would be great!

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/01/2012 - Mailed N-400

04/11/2012 - Bio Appt

04/26/2012 - Rcvd interview letter

05/31/2012 - Interview

05/31/2012 - oath yey! I'm a USC!

Timeline

Hi There!

I was just wondering how your interview went this morning. I should have my interviews in the irving office also in a few months. If you could share details of the interview that would be great!

Thanks!

Hi Dash-tx

I would highly recommend you that the day before the interview you go to the USCIS place, it's tricky to find it. We did it the day before and even thought we got the directions, we still got lost, and circle around for like 10 minutes.

On the interview day, whenever you get to the lobby, they will tell you go to the second floor, and give your interview letter to the people in the desk (or wait until your lawyer gets there if you have one, and he would do it), probably they will give you a buzzer(yes one of those you get in the restaurants) and wait until the officer comes out and active the buzzer, and/or yell your name, be ready to wait an hour or so past the time it says in the interview letter, it may be helpful if you seat close to the doors/bathrooms, it gets really crowded.

The officer we got was extremely nice, (it may have helped that our lawyer seems to know every single one of the officers) and as soon as he yelled my name we got up and the officer started to chat with our lawyer about how the family was, he did not introduced himself to us until we actually got to his office, he apologized for that though, then he made us sworn. He started to review our folder, as he kept chatting with our lawyer about skiing in Italy, after like two minutes, he ask me if by any change I made a legal entry to the US, so I showed him my Visitor Visa and my passport with the stamp, he did not ask why I overstayed for 6 years, or what was the purpose of my visit. Then he continued to ask where I live, DOB, Full legal name, (he asked me I had a middle name before I changed my maiden name as middle name), Where I was born and what was my citizenship. and the YES/NO questions, after that he took away my Visitor visa and my EAD (he said I was not going to need it anymore). He asked my husband the same questions, Where he lives, DOB, Full legal name. We tried to show him the original Birth Certificates, Marriage license, and SSN card but he asked if we had summited copies, we said yes, then he said "I appreciated that you want to show me the originals, but if you have already summited copies I don't need see them, I don't want you forget the originals here"

About our relationship he just asked 4 questions.

* How you guys met? We told him we met on Myspace, he said that was interesting, then he and our lawyer start joking about how bad it gets in Facebook when people update their status of what they are doing and they put "I just ate", "I took a nap".

** Do you have any kids? We said no, we only have a wild kitty, then he said "Now is the perfect time to have or adopt kids, isn't it?" then he joked about how much we have to love our kitty since he got all the vaccines a kitty can get. (we only had the vet invoices and a bank account with both our names)

*** What are your hobbies? We told him go to the movies, and he asked what was the last movie we saw, we told him we have seen PUSH and he said he "I don't know what movie is that, what you saw before that one, tell me one I know of" so my husband said "The curios case of Benjamin Button", he asked who won the Oscars? which we had not idea since we did not watch it, but apparently our lawyer did since the started to give him details of the Oscars.

**** Where was the wedding (after seeing our pictures). he said our pictures were nice.

last questions was If I have a any family at all here? I said "yes", I though he was going to ask who and where do they live, but he did not. I think he asked because we did not summit any pictures with my family, just with my husband's family.

After that he stamped the I-485 form with the green APPROVED, as he kept chatting with our lawyer, my husband started to smile when we saw the had approved our case, but I did not want to show any excitement until we heard it from the officer that we have been approved, but the officer did not say anything about being approved he kept chatting with our lawyer while he was stapling our folder in sections, it was not until like a minute or two later when he told me that my lawyer was going to explain me how to remove the conditions, since I was getting the conditional card, he said "oh yeah you got approved, sorry about the delay reaction" then he gave me the congratulations on becoming a permanent resident letter, and told me that I should get my GC in the next 2-3 weeks and that was it.

The interview lasted like 10 minutes, and it was a really pleasant experience we did not feel it like it was an interrogatory but more like a chatting with acquaintance.

In the way home my husband and I were joking about how probably our lawyer's strategy was to keep the officer distracted by chatting with him.

Good Luck in your interview!!

10/06 - Met online.

12/11/07 - Got Engaged.

Removing Conditions

01/31/11 - Check cashed

06/24/11-Approval of ROC

B9gLm5.png.png.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi Dash-tx

I would highly recommend you that the day before the interview you go to the USCIS place, it's tricky to find it. We did it the day before and even thought we got the directions, we still got lost, and circle around for like 10 minutes.

On the interview day, whenever you get to the lobby, they will tell you go to the second floor, and give your interview letter to the people in the desk (or wait until your lawyer gets there if you have one, and he would do it), probably they will give you a buzzer(yes one of those you get in the restaurants) and wait until the officer comes out and active the buzzer, and/or yell your name, be ready to wait an hour or so past the time it says in the interview letter, it may be helpful if you seat close to the doors/bathrooms, it gets really crowded.

The officer we got was extremely nice, (it may have helped that our lawyer seems to know every single one of the officers) and as soon as he yelled my name we got up and the officer started to chat with our lawyer about how the family was, he did not introduced himself to us until we actually got to his office, he apologized for that though, then he made us sworn. He started to review our folder, as he kept chatting with our lawyer about skiing in Italy, after like two minutes, he ask me if by any change I made a legal entry to the US, so I showed him my Visitor Visa and my passport with the stamp, he did not ask why I overstayed for 6 years, or what was the purpose of my visit. Then he continued to ask where I live, DOB, Full legal name, (he asked me I had a middle name before I changed my maiden name as middle name), Where I was born and what was my citizenship. and the YES/NO questions, after that he took away my Visitor visa and my EAD (he said I was not going to need it anymore). He asked my husband the same questions, Where he lives, DOB, Full legal name. We tried to show him the original Birth Certificates, Marriage license, and SSN card but he asked if we had summited copies, we said yes, then he said "I appreciated that you want to show me the originals, but if you have already summited copies I don't need see them, I don't want you forget the originals here"

About our relationship he just asked 4 questions.

* How you guys met? We told him we met on Myspace, he said that was interesting, then he and our lawyer start joking about how bad it gets in Facebook when people update their status of what they are doing and they put "I just ate", "I took a nap".

** Do you have any kids? We said no, we only have a wild kitty, then he said "Now is the perfect time to have or adopt kids, isn't it?" then he joked about how much we have to love our kitty since he got all the vaccines a kitty can get. (we only had the vet invoices and a bank account with both our names)

*** What are your hobbies? We told him go to the movies, and he asked what was the last movie we saw, we told him we have seen PUSH and he said he "I don't know what movie is that, what you saw before that one, tell me one I know of" so my husband said "The curios case of Benjamin Button", he asked who won the Oscars? which we had not idea since we did not watch it, but apparently our lawyer did since the started to give him details of the Oscars.

**** Where was the wedding (after seeing our pictures). he said our pictures were nice.

last questions was If I have a any family at all here? I said "yes", I though he was going to ask who and where do they live, but he did not. I think he asked because we did not summit any pictures with my family, just with my husband's family.

After that he stamped the I-485 form with the green APPROVED, as he kept chatting with our lawyer, my husband started to smile when we saw the had approved our case, but I did not want to show any excitement until we heard it from the officer that we have been approved, but the officer did not say anything about being approved he kept chatting with our lawyer while he was stapling our folder in sections, it was not until like a minute or two later when he told me that my lawyer was going to explain me how to remove the conditions, since I was getting the conditional card, he said "oh yeah you got approved, sorry about the delay reaction" then he gave me the congratulations on becoming a permanent resident letter, and told me that I should get my GC in the next 2-3 weeks and that was it.

The interview lasted like 10 minutes, and it was a really pleasant experience we did not feel it like it was an interrogatory but more like a chatting with acquaintance.

In the way home my husband and I were joking about how probably our lawyer's strategy was to keep the officer distracted by chatting with him.

Good Luck in your interview!!

[/font][/size]

felicidades paisana, como veo estuvo igual de facil que la mia :)

Edited by TävôLuDô

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Jade_Arb,

Thank you, thank you, and thank you so much for the detailed post about your interview! :-)

I'm really worried about mine, and it gives me some peace to read about your experience!

I just have a few more questions if you don't mind...

- Had you sent a lot of pictures with your application?

did he look at more pictures that you brought? What kind of pictures did you have?

- So the only documents with both of your names were the bank statement and the kitty vacines??

Did he look at any addtl documents?

- Could you share the name of your lawyer? He/she seems to be great! I already have a lawyer, but I'm not too happy with him.

Thanks again for your time sharing all this information!

Congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you two!!!

dash-tx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/01/2012 - Mailed N-400

04/11/2012 - Bio Appt

04/26/2012 - Rcvd interview letter

05/31/2012 - Interview

05/31/2012 - oath yey! I'm a USC!

Timeline

Besides her answer I will answer this as well, the more the merrier :)

Didn't send any pictures with my application

did he look at more pictures that you brought?

I brought them to the interview but the officer didn't even want to see them.

What kind of pictures did you have?

Wedding pictures, trips, parties, trips to her hometown, trips with her parents to Mexico, holidays, pictures w/her and my friends.

- So the only documents with both of your names were the bank statement and the kitty vacines??

In my case he didn't want to see any other documentation during the interview but just the original birth and marriage certificates. However, we did send copies in the package of benefit forms, statements (checking, credit cards, savings, both driver licenses showing same address, e-tickets etc)

- Could you share the name of your lawyer? He/she seems to be great! I already have a lawyer, but I'm not too happy with him.

Annnd that's a question just for her :D

01/25/13 Check cashed

Timeline
felicidades paisana, como veo estuvo igual de facil que la mia :)

Gracias Paisano!!! De que parte de Mexico eres?

Jade_Arb,

Thank you, thank you, and thank you so much for the detailed post about your interview! :-)

I'm really worried about mine, and it gives me some peace to read about your experience!

I just have a few more questions if you don't mind...

did he look at more pictures that you brought? What kind of pictures did you have?

Thanks again for your time sharing all this information!

Congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you two!!!

dash-tx

Answering your questions.

Had you sent a lot of pictures with your application?

We summited like 15, some about our wedding and the rest pictures with his parents and sister and just the two of us.

did he look at more pictures that you brought? Yes he did looked at the pictures, our lawyer assistant photocopied the pictures and put them together with all the updated documents for the interview. We kept all the originals, except for the affidavits of relationship and my husband's the letter employment

What kind of pictures did you have? pictures of us getting the Christmas tree, the party we had celebrating our first wedding anniversary

- So the only documents with both of your names were the bank statement and the kitty vaccines?? Yes just the bank statement, the vet invoices and car insurance, but the card insurance was summited the day the interview (and I don't even think he looked at it)

Did he look at any addtl documents? Yes he did. We had tons of mails on my name and on my husband name, magazines subscriptions, bills (just on my husband's name), Christmas Cards, and additional cards that his Grammy, aunties and uncles send us,

His name is Martin Valko The law firm is Chaves and Valko, and is located at Royal and 75

If you dont mind asking, Why you are not too happy with your lawyer.

Do not over stress, I was terrified about the interview because I overstayed and we do not have a lot of documents with both our names

10/06 - Met online.

12/11/07 - Got Engaged.

Removing Conditions

01/31/11 - Check cashed

06/24/11-Approval of ROC

B9gLm5.png.png.png

Timeline

DF pero creci y mi familia es de Zacatecas :dance: tu?

Edited by TävôLuDô

01/25/13 Check cashed

Timeline

Yo soy de la ciudad de la eterna primavera :D Cuernavaca, Morelos. A si que eres chilango :rofl: o te consideras Zacatecano?

10/06 - Met online.

12/11/07 - Got Engaged.

Removing Conditions

01/31/11 - Check cashed

06/24/11-Approval of ROC

B9gLm5.png.png.png

I did not bring a new employment letter. I was still working at the same place so I just brought a couple months of pay stubs.

i don't get it.

Timeline
I did not bring a new employment letter. I was still working at the same place so I just brought a couple months of pay stubs.

My husband thought it was unnecessary, since he has been working in the same place for the last year and 9 months, but our lawyer's paralegal insisted on being overprepared, she said that sometimes, some officers ask for it... at the end my husband got the updated letter and actually it was the one the officer looked at it, but he still asked for the pay stubs

10/06 - Met online.

12/11/07 - Got Engaged.

Removing Conditions

01/31/11 - Check cashed

06/24/11-Approval of ROC

B9gLm5.png.png.png

Timeline

Yo soy de la ciudad de la eterna primavera :D Cuernavaca, Morelos. A si que eres chilango :rofl: o te consideras Zacatecano?

Mmmmm me considero Chilango Zacatecano, pero de corazon Zacatecano aunque haya vivido en el Edo. de Mexico en mi adolescencia ;)

01/25/13 Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.