strega

1-129f document translation

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
i was wondering what documents have to be translated for 1-129f and if you can just translate them yourself? also do we need the police certificate for my fiance now or for the embassy appt? thankssssssssssssssssss :help:

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You don't need a police certificate for the I129-F. If you have questions like these, you should really read through the guides, they're very helpful and state pretty clearly what you should be sending in with the form. As far as the translation goes, I'm not really sure, but I hope someone else can help you with that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

If its any form or document that is needed for the petition, then it needs to be translated. yes you can have it translated by yourself. no need to use and pay for a translator

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
i was wondering what documents have to be translated for 1-129f and if you can just translate them yourself? also do we need the police certificate for my fiance now or for the embassy appt? thankssssssssssssssssss :help:

Any documents that are not in english need to be translated. As far as I know, any legal documents eg. divorce decree, needs to be a sworn translation.

Police certificate only needed when the beneficiary goes for their visa inteview, not needed for the petition.

Read the guides, thats what they're there for. They are a great help and will answer most of your questions.

Good luck with your journey :star:

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand

08.06.2009 - POE - Boston

08.22.2009 - Returned to South Africa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Any documents that are not in english need to be translated. As far as I know, any legal documents eg. divorce decree, needs to be a sworn translation.

Police certificate only needed when the beneficiary goes for their visa inteview, not needed for the petition.

Read the guides, thats what they're there for. They are a great help and will answer most of your questions.

Good luck with your journey :star:

ok, thanks, i am new, dont want any RFE's to slow down the already :( long process

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

As far as translations go and to play it safe, Claudeth took her German police clearance to the German Embassy in Manila and they referred her to a professional shop that was acceptable by the US embassy. They have an English version of the clearance and then fill in what was on her original German clearance.

The I-129 doesn't require this. I suggest you read the guides here on VJ. Good Luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just read, and keep reading. Read USCIS's page, read everything on this site, browse the forums a lot, and just gather as much information as you can. At the beginning I was pretty intimidated by everything, but I spent a solid 2 weeks just researching in my free time and by the end of it I think I put together a pretty solid petition. You'll undoubtedly find some contradictory information (as I did), but just keep educating yourself and you'll be able to make decisions on your own. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.