abrazer07

Any problem in entering India & leaving USA ??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all Indians ,

I am writing regarding my post at Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits : LINK . I am posting a similar question here as I guess there are more Indians visiting this section. I hope moderators wd excuse me.

I came here in B1/B2 visa and married my wife and then was here for about a year. Recently thru several months we are having disagreement & mismatching regarding several respects. I am also not well adapting to the society & culture and feel very very lonely and away. We agreed with each other that I wd return home. However the main aspect is that There has been an health urgency at home which wd need me to go back at my country as fast as possible. line We have several queries ... i wd be glad if someone guides us ... I googled for these but not finding enough answers :

1) I have overstayed like 8 months or so.......... I know the aireline staff and airport staff just takes the I-94 and just create any problem while I am leaving, they just look at the passport as an id for the ticket............. right ?

2) I googled & found they have no right to look into overstay in usa...they only (by law) shd look into a valid passport for a indian citizen coming back to India.

"Even for re-entry into the country, an Indian national is required to be in possession of a valid Indian passport or travel document issued by Govt. of India" written at Bureau of Immigration-India

But does anyone know know while we get our passport stamped after getting thru the line in India, do they ever asks for some dollars as bribe, for overstay ?? The polices at customs want $25 to be poked in their hands if you have big luggage, that I know.

3) I am planning usa-franfurt-india. I googled about the Transit visa thing.... My multientry B1 visa is ok till March,08. Now here I overstayed for 8 months.....So the " thisdate- this date " stamp by POE officer while entering US is over. So wd i need a transit visa in frankfurt ? or has my multientry visa already cancelled due to marriage here ?? but i dnt think i need to tell the marriage thing to the airlines staff. any idea anyone whether i wd need a transit visa ??

Helmut here has said that i wont need any as long as I do not want to leave the international area of the airport, or connect through another EU country. All international airlines are located inside the customs area. I can just go from the arrival gate to your next departure gate. All I need is my passport, so I can get on to your plane to India. ANy idea anyone ??

Thanks a lot for you time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi all Indians ,

I am writing regarding my post at Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits : LINK . I am posting a similar question here as I guess there are more Indians visiting this section. I hope moderators wd excuse me.

I came here in B1/B2 visa and married my wife and then was here for about a year. Recently thru several months we are having disagreement & mismatching regarding several respects. I am also not well adapting to the society & culture and feel very very lonely and away. We agreed with each other that I wd return home. However the main aspect is that There has been an health urgency at home which wd need me to go back at my country as fast as possible. line We have several queries ... i wd be glad if someone guides us ... I googled for these but not finding enough answers :

1) I have overstayed like 8 months or so.......... I know the aireline staff and airport staff just takes the I-94 and just create any problem while I am leaving, they just look at the passport as an id for the ticket............. right ?

2) I googled & found they have no right to look into overstay in usa...they only (by law) shd look into a valid passport for a indian citizen coming back to India.

"Even for re-entry into the country, an Indian national is required to be in possession of a valid Indian passport or travel document issued by Govt. of India" written at Bureau of Immigration-India

But does anyone know know while we get our passport stamped after getting thru the line in India, do they ever asks for some dollars as bribe, for overstay ?? The polices at customs want $25 to be poked in their hands if you have big luggage, that I know.

3) I am planning usa-franfurt-india. I googled about the Transit visa thing.... My multientry B1 visa is ok till March,08. Now here I overstayed for 8 months.....So the " thisdate- this date " stamp by POE officer while entering US is over. So wd i need a transit visa in frankfurt ? or has my multientry visa already cancelled due to marriage here ?? but i dnt think i need to tell the marriage thing to the airlines staff. any idea anyone whether i wd need a transit visa ??

Helmut here has said that i wont need any as long as I do not want to leave the international area of the airport, or connect through another EU country. All international airlines are located inside the customs area. I can just go from the arrival gate to your next departure gate. All I need is my passport, so I can get on to your plane to India. ANy idea anyone ??

nobody will prevent you from leaving the USA... There will be no issue in entering another country as long as you have permission to seek entry.

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

If you haven't already bought the tickets and really are concerned about the connection in the EU, cough up the extra $$$ for a non-stop to India. There are non-stops from JFK, EWR, and Chicago....

You can also call the airlines involved and ask what they say about the intermediate stops - they are typically well versed in what is needed at specific air ports.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
Hi all Indians ,

I don't think it is an issue when you are leaving. In fact, they are more than happy that you are esp. since you overstayed and they don't have to deport you and pay for your ticket :yes: .

In Frankfurt, if you are not leaving the airport, I don't see why you would need a transit visa.

Timeline for K1 visa

9/11/2008 – mailed I-129F

9/12/2008 – Received at VSC/NOA 1 sent (mail stamp-9/16)

9/15/2008 – check cashed

9/19/2008 –Received NOA1

12/28/2008 – Received NOA2 Approval email from CRIS

01/06/2009 – Left NVC for Mumbai Consulate

01/07/2009 – Received NVC confirmation letter in the mail

01/08/2009 – Mumbai Consulate received file electronically and sent packet 3 (info from DOS)

01/10/2009 – Mumbai Consulate received file (hard copy) from NVC (DHL tracking)

01/19/2009 – Overnighted packet 3 (still did not receive receive pkt 3 from Mumbai)

01/20/2009 – Packet 3 arrives at Mumbai Consulate

01/23/2009 – called DOS and was informed that packet 4 has been sent and interview date set.

01/24/2009 – Received hard copy of packet 3 (postmark Jan 20). Too late. Already sent packet 3 on Jan 19.

02/02/09 – Received Packet 4

02/04/09 – Submitted documents at the VFS Kolkata Office

02/06/09 - Medicals completed

03/02/2009 – BIG DAY, i.e., Interview Date

03/03/2009 - Visa received in mail

04/09/2009 - POE

AOS

04/17/2009 - CIVIL

6/16/2009 - Mailed AOS package

6/19/2009 - NOA1

7/08/2009 - AOS transferred to CSC

7/17/2009 - Biometrics appointment, EAD case Touched

8/05/2009 - EAD card production ordered, AP approved !!!!

ROC

08/27/2011 - Mailed ROC packageCIVIL

08/29/2011 - NOA1

09/19/2011 - Early Bio (scheduled date 10/03/2011)

That's the best thing about immigration as long as you are leaving voluntarily there's no problem at all, nobody will stop you, the only issue you will face in the future if you plan to come back to the US and someone file an immigration request for you, you will have to get a Waiver for that overstayed.

2) Based on your connecting flight you might try to get a transit visa if you are going throuh europe, but try going through the (asia) singapore route therefore it will be a non issue.

You mentioned your overstayed is only 8 months but at the same time saying the B1/B2 expired last March 08, so that would make it 11months, do you mean March 2009?

If the B1/B2 is still valid let's say until march 09, you can take your chance through Frankfurt, my sister in law transit through Frankfurt on the way to the us without any transist Visa, one thing i noticed the airline will not give you much info about visa info, the German US consulate can help you with that question, but since it's an emmergency to go back home you might have little time to contact them. Right now it's offf season, I would go through asia to avoid any concerns.

3) India has nothing to do with your us overstayed, if someone try to bride you at the airport make a raucus about it, it's none of their business, but I guess they'll have time to even worry about this since you are an indian citizen coming back home. If any officer try to get you to come to the side for bride ask them to do everything in the open and most of the time they will back off, the bride situation is happening because people are scared they are there to do their Jobs it's their duty they are not doing a favor to anybody.

Edited by Nikita2Charles

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks Nikita2Charles yes i mistyped.My multientry visa is valid till March,2009. But i overstayed 8 months from the time the POE officer stamped on the I-94. so is it ok to take Lufthansa through Frankfurt ?? what do you exactly mean by go through asia ??

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.