lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Congratulations Maire and another filer with your honey home! (NEED!) :)

01/23/2009 ----------Leave Athens and my Honey for the processes to begin

02/10/2009 ----------Beginning of Greek Military Obligations for 11 months

03/21/2009 ----------Stationed to Rhodes

07/16/2009-----------Meeting in Spain for 6 days!

08/27/2009-----------Stationed to Nevrokopi

01/10/2010-----------Gets OUT of the Army!

02/16/2010-----------Interview!

02/24/2010-----------Lampros arrives in WA!!!

He didn't just want me long, he wanted me a little longer than forever... :3

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Maire,

He will arrive in the US on with the K-1 Visa. He will have to fill out an I-94 form, which will be stapled in his passport. So the K-1 is done! and he is here with an I-94. it will expire in 90 days. So, get married and fill out a bunch of forms again. He has to make sure he has all the vaccine records too. It not hard...easier than before! Use the guides when you are ready.

what guides? also with the i94 can he work? or he has to wait for after marriage?

He has to wait until after marriage. When you do the adjustment of status you can also do work authorization as well as advance parole which will allow him to leave the country and come back.

Lee.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Lee is correct. When you do the AOS you have a couple optional things as well.. first is a work permit and the second it advanced parole. It is all included in the $1010 fee. So it wouldnt hurt to do it. I told Maria she can not work until she has the work permit. This process is too long and difficult for any problems that may send her away. Not happening!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Maire,

He will arrive in the US on with the K-1 Visa. He will have to fill out an I-94 form, which will be stapled in his passport. So the K-1 is done! and he is here with an I-94. it will expire in 90 days. So, get married and fill out a bunch of forms again. He has to make sure he has all the vaccine records too. It not hard...easier than before! Use the guides when you are ready.

what guides? also with the i94 can he work? or he has to wait for after marriage?

He has to wait until after marriage. When you do the adjustment of status you can also do work authorization as well as advance parole which will allow him to leave the country and come back.

the advanced parole is at an extra cost no?

Lee is correct. When you do the AOS you have a couple optional things as well.. first is a work permit and the second it advanced parole. It is all included in the $1010 fee. So it wouldnt hurt to do it. I told Maria she can not work until she has the work permit. This process is too long and difficult for any problems that may send her away. Not happening!

Now here is another dilemma... even with the work permit, what are any good places for a person that has basic or minimum english knowledge TO WORK AT???

Edited by NEED4SPEED

Wife's Adjustment of Status,EAD and AP:

09/05/09: POE- New York City

10/23/09: Marriage

02/19/10: Mailed AOS,EAD and AP via FedEx to Chicago Lockbox

02/23/10: FedEx online tracking confirmed delivery of AOS,EAD and AP at Chicago Lockbox

03/02/10: Check cashed

03/05/10: Received NOA1 for I495, AP and EAD (says it was done 3/2/2010)

03/12/10: Received NOA2 Biometrics letter. Appointment date: 03/22/10 (letter notice date: 03/08/10)

03/17/10: Received email/text message stating that CASE SENT TO CSC ON 03/16/10

03/26/10: Received notice AP has been approved and a notification has been mailed to me.

03/31/10: Received notice for EAD production

04/02/10: Received AP

04/05/10: Received EAD card

Timeline
Maire,

I'm a bit confused too..i think the work permit and advanced parole can be included in the i495 at no extra cost, just pay the 1010$...?

Someone that went through all this or is sure about what to do...it would be great and kind of you if you could make a word doc. with the step by step of filling out which docs and what type of docs have to be presented...the guide for AOS is more for a K3 rather than a K1....

Edited by NEED4SPEED

02/23/10: FedEx online tracking confirmed delivery of AOS,EAD and AP at Chicago Lockbox

03/12/10: Received NOA2 Biometrics letter. Appointment date: 03/22/10 (letter notice date: 03/08/10)

03/26/10: Received notice AP has been approved and a notification has been mailed to me.

Timeline

Need the cost for AP and the EAD is included with the Adjustment of Status. You just have to fill out the forms at the same time.

As for employment, that is going to be hard. I speak great english and I wouldn't want to be looking for a job right now. I would try looking for places that need spanish speaking employees.

Lee.gif

Timeline
Need the cost for AP and the EAD is included with the Adjustment of Status. You just have to fill out the forms at the same time.

As for employment, that is going to be hard. I speak great english and I wouldn't want to be looking for a job right now. I would try looking for places that need spanish speaking employees.

That's hard to find, they mostly ask bilingual (english-spanish) speaking person...but we'll see, I think a family member of hers can hook her up with something....but any additional ideas are welcome, i'm gonna sign her up in my college for english classes starting october.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Where is Richard today?

home in bed sweetie

Feeling any better?

Chicken broth?

i was feeling a little better this morning.. but not anymore... *grumble*

<-- a very very big baby when sick :P

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Where is Richard today?

home in bed sweetie

Feeling any better?

Chicken broth?

i was feeling a little better this morning.. but not anymore... *grumble*

<-- a very very big baby when sick :P

That roots to lack of quality chicken broth my friend! Gid on it!

Timeline
That roots to lack of quality chicken broth my friend! Gid on it!

as soon as I am done watching Giada

From the food network? She is besides Oksana my dream woman. Hot and loves to cook.

Lee.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.