B'sA

stupid-stupi-stupid USCIS

65 posts in this topic

Listen to the people advising you to make an InfoPass appointment. As for the people basically telling you that you shouldn't have made a mistake just ignore them. I also made a minor mistake early on in my K1 process and it set us back 4 months. Sure I made the mistake but the fact that I lost 4 months while my petition collected dust on some clerks desk upset me as much as your situation is upsetting you.

Take a deep breath, relax & make that appointment.

Thank you!

I sceduled an infopass for tomorrow, and hopefully it'll work out.

God bless you.

.png

UURI.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!

God bless you.

Good Luck!!! :star:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck, and don't worry. Everyone makes mistakes, this process is stressful as it is and not everything can go perfect. Don't beat yourself up over it, I hope the Infopass works it all out!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I'm totally on the OPs side with this. If I'm reading the OP's description of events correctly, USCIS changed the status of the case to "Response received and processing resumed". If the response was not what they wanted, they should NOT have done that. Further, they should obviously have sent another RFE - it's just common sense. Further still, the OP made it quite clear that they honestly believed that they had answered the RFE adequately and that they only found out that they hadn't from the denial letter.

The people suggesting that it's the OPs fault should have a little heart. Of course it's technically their fault - the law is the law and all that but us ordinary people are not experts in immigration law, nor are we experts in understanding the finer points of RFEs and we all make mistakes. Show some compassion, guys.

FWIW, I totally agree with the other less judgemental advice that's been given (1) make an InfoPass, speak to the immigration officer and very politely explain that you really didn't know that you hadn't answered the RFE correctly and that the case status in fact suggested that you had. (2) contact your local congressman. The US citizen may need to do this. They should be able to explain your options and can help by liaising with USCIS on your behalf.

[edit] typo...

Edited by JeremyR

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

I'm totally on the OPs side with this. If I'm reading the OP's description of events correctly, USCIS changed the status of the case to "Response received and processing resumed". If the response was not what they wanted, they should NOT have done that. Further, they should obviously have sent another RFE - it's just common sense. Further still, the OP made it quite clear that they honestly believed that they had answered the RFE adequately and that they only found out that they hadn't from the denial letter.

The people suggesting that it's the OPs fault should have a little heart. Of course it's technically their fault - the law is the law and all that but us ordinary people are not experts in immigration law, nor are we experts in understanding the finer points of RFEs and we all make mistakes. Show some compassion, guys.

FWIW, I totally agree with the other less judgemental advice that's been given (1) make an InfoPass, speak to the immigration officer and very politely explain that you really didn't know that you hadn't answered the RFE correctly and that the case status in fact suggested that you had. (2) contact your local congressman. The US citizen may need to do this. They should be able to explain your options and can help by liaising with USCIS on your behalf.

[edit] typo...

Thanks, Jeremy!

I felt like i'm sinking today and some of the posters tried to just put a foot on my head to make sure i won't come out.

i'll see how's the infopass going to go tomorrow.

Thank you!

.png

UURI.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Let us know how it goes, and good luck.

I really hope it will all turn our for the best! :thumbs:

:star:

05/12/04 => Arrived in the US under L1 status / work visa

03/05/05 => Met the love of my life

07/02/07 => Married my wonderful USC husband

______AOS JOURNEY________________________________

10/03/08 => Package sent to USCIS

03/03/09 => Interview in Chicago, IL =>> APPROVED!

______REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY______________

12/03/10 => Package sent to California service center

03/02/11 => 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

______CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY_________________________

01/20/12 => Filed N-400 for Citizenship

06/21/12 => Citizenship interview: Approved!

07/25/12 => Oath Ceremony.. DONE WITH USCIS!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Let us know how it goes, and good luck.

I really hope it will all turn our for the best! :thumbs:

:star:

ok, i will!

tahnks!

Wow, what a thread!

I hope everything works out for the two of you!

Best of luck!

:thumbs:

--------------------

K-1

03-25-2008 - Filed I-129f

03-28-2008 - NOA1

07-31-2008 - NOA2 (no touches)

09-30-2008 - Packet 3 sent

10-10-2008 - Packet 4 received

10-29-2008 - Interview in Vancouver

AOS

12-16-2008 - I - 485 Package arrived in Chicago (signed by V. Bustamonte)

12-19-2008 - Check Cashed

12-19-2008 - NOA1 Date

01-07-2008 - Biometrics Appointment

03-06-2009 - EAD Card Received

03-13-2009 - AP Received

04-27-2009 - Welcome Letter Received

05-02-2009 - GC Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Listen to the people advising you to make an InfoPass appointment. As for the people basically telling you that you shouldn't have made a mistake just ignore them. I also made a minor mistake early on in my K1 process and it set us back 4 months. Sure I made the mistake but the fact that I lost 4 months while my petition collected dust on some clerks desk upset me as much as your situation is upsetting you.

Take a deep breath, relax & make that appointment.

Thank you!

God bless you.

Good Luck! Everything will be fine! Think positive...

Filed: Timeline

Nobody was trying to put a foot on yur head. At the begining of your post you explained the situation and were given some very good information about what to do to try and fix this situation. You chose to continue blaming everything on USCIS, yes they do make mistakes and yes it is very frustrating. In your case thay followed their procedure to the letter.

You never did say exactly what you forgot to include that they were looking for, all we know is that it was tax information. The fact that you were sent a RFE and when you returned the information you thought they were looking for and you got the update saying they had recieved the response and processing would resume. In no way does that mean that they have accepted the information you sent, that just indicates they got it and will now look at your case again.

Everyone makes mistakes, All we were trying to do was to point out to you that you do have to take some responsability for what has happened, if the requested information had been sent with the initial application then this would not have happened, but that is all in the past, Your post continued to be very agry and accusing and with that sort of attatude you are not going to get anywhere with USCIS. We all want to help you get through this dificult time but until you can see past the "Its All Their Fault" you are going to have a hard time sorting this all out.

I am sure once you have spoken to a immigration officer at your infopass appointment you will feel better about how you move forward. I am sure you will overcome this setback and will succeed in getting this sorted out and be able to move on with your life. Those of us who have been around for awhile know how going to USCIS with all guns blazing is not going to help at all.

I wish you well and good luck at your infopass.

Jon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
Nobody was trying to put a foot on yur head. At the begining of your post you explained the situation and were given some very good information about what to do to try and fix this situation. You chose to continue blaming everything on USCIS, yes they do make mistakes and yes it is very frustrating. In your case thay followed their procedure to the letter.

You never did say exactly what you forgot to include that they were looking for, all we know is that it was tax information. The fact that you were sent a RFE and when you returned the information you thought they were looking for and you got the update saying they had recieved the response and processing would resume. In no way does that mean that they have accepted the information you sent, that just indicates they got it and will now look at your case again.

Everyone makes mistakes, All we were trying to do was to point out to you that you do have to take some responsability for what has happened, if the requested information had been sent with the initial application then this would not have happened, but that is all in the past, Your post continued to be very agry and accusing and with that sort of attatude you are not going to get anywhere with USCIS. We all want to help you get through this dificult time but until you can see past the "Its All Their Fault" you are going to have a hard time sorting this all out.

I am sure once you have spoken to a immigration officer at your infopass appointment you will feel better about how you move forward. I am sure you will overcome this setback and will succeed in getting this sorted out and be able to move on with your life. Those of us who have been around for awhile know how going to USCIS with all guns blazing is not going to help at all.

I wish you well and good luck at your infopass.

Jon

I agree...however i also believe the OP only wants to read the posts of the ppl agreeing with him...no matter what advise was given.

i hope all works out for the OP...but when he goes to his infopass i hope he doesnt use the same kind of additude he used on this thread.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
I agree...however i also believe the OP only wants to read the posts of the ppl agreeing with him...no matter what advise was given.

i hope all works out for the OP...but when he goes to his infopass i hope he doesnt use the same kind of additude he used on this thread.

What's wrong in trying to get some sympathy in such a stressful moment? :blink:

05/12/04 => Arrived in the US under L1 status / work visa

03/05/05 => Met the love of my life

07/02/07 => Married my wonderful USC husband

______AOS JOURNEY________________________________

10/03/08 => Package sent to USCIS

03/03/09 => Interview in Chicago, IL =>> APPROVED!

______REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY______________

12/03/10 => Package sent to California service center

03/02/11 => 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

______CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY_________________________

01/20/12 => Filed N-400 for Citizenship

06/21/12 => Citizenship interview: Approved!

07/25/12 => Oath Ceremony.. DONE WITH USCIS!!

Since this thread's been bumped, it's brought it back to mind... Any updates? What happened next?

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

Since this thread's been bumped, it's brought it back to mind... Any updates? What happened next?

I didn't wind up going to an infopass.

Instead, we spent all day putting together financial information and we included all sorts of papers just in case.

Than we completed the appeal form, and we also wrote a letter explaining what a big misunderstanding happened.

Besides, we made a waiver request and an expedite request all based on the fact that my husband is the only one working and supporting both of us, and not only we would be happy if i started working, but we can't pay the $600 out of nowhere, because the budget is tight.

We got a reply 2 weeks later.

Our case reopened and they accepted the waiver request.

It was a huge relief, although we're conscious that it'll probably take around 6 months for them to process the case...

Anyway, now i'm trying to check the status of the I-290B on line and it says that the case does not exist- that's weird, but i heard this has happened to people- so we're just waiting.

Thanks to everyone who put a good word for us.

.png

UURI.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.