V&J2005

Hi, I'm from Peru

728 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hola everybody :D

I'm not new here but I'd like to find more VJs from Peru I know some but maybe there're new or any others that I havent talk to yet .... :blush: Yeah missing Peru :yes:

I hope hear about them :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi............ my fiance is from Lima and she has been here for 5 months and she misses home very very much.

Hi............ my fiance is from Lima and she has been here for 5 months and she misses home very very much.

OH, OH i better correct this fast... I meant my WIFE.....

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My fiance.....soon to be wife in a couple of weeks is from Arequipa. She misses home but really likes it here too.....although she does complain a little about the food not having any flavor here hahahaha. She is dying for some cebiche too.

We found a place in town that actually sells Pisco so we made some drinks the other night.........ahhh yes....I love that drink.

She is adjusting pretty well so far but is having to get used to not having a maid hahahaha.

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

HI! My fiance is from Moyobamba, Peru. He lives in Trujillo right now. I am flying down there tomorrow for our interview at the embassy on June 22nd! We are hoping that all goes well.

He will be coming up here on August 24th, if all goes well, and I know that he will miss home, but he has been here before and really enjoyed it.

:)

K1 Visa process

January 28, 2006 - Send in I-129F packet to Nebraska!

January 30, 2006 - Check cashed, case received by NCS.

February 2, 2006 - NOA-1 RECEIVED!!!!!!!! (mail) HURRAY!!!!

April 17, 2006 - TOUCHED!!! and it feels so good!!!!

April 17, 2006 - NOA2 online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!

April 21, 2006 - Leaves NSC for NVC

April 25, 2006 - Received at NVC

June 16, 2006 - Going to Peru for the summer

June 22, 2006 - Interview Date! AHHH!!! APPROVED!!!!

June 29, 2006 - Visa in Hand!

August 26, 2006 - Hans comes to the U.S.

September 23, 2006 - MARRIED!!! AWWW!!!!

AOS & EAD JOURNEY

December 1, 2006 - AOS & EAD PACKET SENT

December 6, 2006 - AOS NOA & EAD NOA

December 11, 2006 - AOS & EAD TOUCHED!

December 13, 2006 - AOS & EAD TOUCHED!

Dec. 15, 2006 - Biometrics letter received.

Dec. 21, 2006 - RFE - tax info

Dec. 22, 2006 - Biometrics appt.

Jan. 03, 2007 - AOS & EAD TOUCHED!

Feb. 21, 2007 - RFE Request sent back

Feb. 26, 2007 - RFE received & EAD/AOS resumed

March 1, 2007 - Transferred to CSC

March 12, 2007 - EAD APPROVED!!! Card ordered!

March 14, 2007 - AOS touched

March 17, 2007 - EAD Card in HAND!

March 21, 2007 - Email saying AOS APPROVED!

March 30, 2007 - GREENCARD IN HAND!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!

Timeline

Yes I miss ceviche too, everytime I think about it :crying: I miss it... ceviche de pescado, ceviche mixto, ceviche de conchas negras my favorite :yes:

There are NOT many peruvians here I mean in Ohio so Its hard for us to find a peruvian restaurant, there's only one in the whole city and the owners are old and they open on weekends at night its like a bar/restaurant I like their pisco sour :thumbs:

We also tried to make sangria, It was OK lol

I like this place, It wasn't too shocking moving here but sometimes I miss Peru.. my friends, my family, the food I used eat and its hard to find here.... my favorite band Libido there's none about them in the stores so We download many songs and I could talk to them online on myspace, actually many of the peruvian singers have a account in myspace like pedro suarez vertiz, gianmarco, christian meier, TK, Libido...

:yes:

Hi SoteshPeru

trust me ...everything will be fine

I experince the same as You a long time ago and You dont have to be worry its just matter of time and be prepared for the interview. You just bring everything they want and he will get the visa.

I wish You good luck... Dont be nervous :thumbs:

Edited by veroka64

There are NOT many peruvians here I mean in Ohio so Its hard for us to find a peruvian restaurant, there's only one in the whole city and the owners are old and they open on weekends at night its like a bar/restaurant I like their pisco sour :thumbs:

What city are you in?

There is a restaurant in Cincinnati I hope to try soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
She is adjusting pretty well so far but is having to get used to not having a maid hahahaha.

Im from Peru too from San Isidro-Lima and yeah your right, at least to me, to not have a maid has been really difficult, I have had one since i was born, i just needed to say"i want this or that" and she inmediately made it, in fact i miss her too because she had worked for us many many years, she is a lovely person, they day i left, she cried a lot too :( Here i had to learn how to cook, so far im doing pretty good :) at least my husband is still alive :P hahahaha, well im trying to do my best, my husband loves peruvian food, so i try to cook peruvian dishes everyday. I have heard that there are many peruvian restaurants in California, but we havent gone to one yet although we have a gift certificate for one :P so i dont know if its the same or not. I have heard too that there are some markets that sell peruvian things too like inka kola, aji amarillo, aji colorado, rocoto, paneton, we need to find out if thats true or not.

I have almost 3 months here and what i miss from Peru is my family :( , i talk to them everyday but its not the same and sometimes i get depressed, my husband has helped me a lot with that, thank God i married a wonderful man who has supported me a lot in everything and he really gives me a lot of love and affection and that definitely is helping a lot. I cant wait to come back to Peru and visit my family :) I miss them a lot

OLY AND DIDIER

AOS PROCESS

Finally we sent our AOS and EAD paperwork.

09-13-2006 AOS/EAD package sent via FedEX to USCIS in Chicago.

09-22-2006 Received NOA by Mail for AOS and EAD

09-29-2006 Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

10-04-2006 Biometrics done for AOS and EAD

10-10-2006 NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

11-21-2006 AOS touched

12-06-2006 AOS approved (online status)

12-11-2006 Green Card Arrived - Woo Whoo

12-12-2006 Welcome Letter by mail

Removing Conditions I-751

09-09-2008 Sent Package

09-15-2008 Received I-751 NOA1 (Notice date: 09-10-2008)

10-01-2008 Received Biometrics Appointment (Notice date: 09-26-2008)

10-15-2008 Biometrics date: 09-30-2008

12-12-2008 Card production Ordered

Citizenship Process

10-26-2009 Sent N400 - Citizenship Application

10-30-2009 NOA notice date

11-02-2009 Received NOA in mailbox

11-19-2009 Received Fingerprint Notification notice

11-20-2009 Fingerprint taken

01-29-2010 Passed Interview

02-19-2010 Oath Ceremony

02-23-2010 Ordered passport book and card :)

Timeline

I live in the south west of columbus, Ohio.

the restaurant i mention before is garcias but the last time i was there

the woman told me that it was going to be renew and someone else was goin to manage the place.

I havent been in cincinnati but I will remember when I be there, It is not too far .. we could try :)

Timeline

Im from Peru too from San Isidro-Lima and yeah your right, at least to me, to not have a maid has been really difficult, I have had one since i was born, i just needed to say"i want this or that" and she inmediately made it, in fact i miss her too because she had worked for us many many years, she is a lovely person, they day i left, she cried a lot too :( Here i had to learn how to cook, so far im doing pretty good :) at least my husband is still alive :P hahahaha, well im trying to do my best, my husband loves peruvian food, so i try to cook peruvian dishes everyday. I have heard that there are many peruvian restaurants in California, but we havent gone to one yet although we have a gift certificate for one :P so i dont know if its the same or not. I have heard too that there are some markets that sell peruvian things too like inka kola, aji amarillo, aji colorado, rocoto, paneton, we need to find out if thats true or not.

I have almost 3 months here and what i miss from Peru is my family :( , i talk to them everyday but its not the same and sometimes i get depressed, my husband has helped me a lot with that, thank God i married a wonderful man who has supported me a lot in everything and he really gives me a lot of love and affection and that definitely is helping a lot. I cant wait to come back to Peru and visit my family :) I miss them a lot

OLY AND DIDIER

Hey OLI

did you try to make cevivhe??

here someone is worry :lol: because ceviche consist of raw fish :D

Timeline

No i havent tried to make ceviche, i think it wont be the same because of the lime here (they call it lime here, but for us is lemon :P ) I will wait to come back to Peru to eat ceviche :) , i really miss it, i loved eating in a restaurant called "La Isla Escondida" in Peru, if you havent tried it there, when u come back, i would suggest that place, they have the best ceviche ever and tiradito too, in fact all the sea food is really good there :thumbs:

OLY AND DIDIER (L)

AOS PROCESS

Finally we sent our AOS and EAD paperwork.

09-13-2006 AOS/EAD package sent via FedEX to USCIS in Chicago.

09-22-2006 Received NOA by Mail for AOS and EAD

09-29-2006 Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

10-04-2006 Biometrics done for AOS and EAD

10-10-2006 NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

11-21-2006 AOS touched

12-06-2006 AOS approved (online status)

12-11-2006 Green Card Arrived - Woo Whoo

12-12-2006 Welcome Letter by mail

Removing Conditions I-751

09-09-2008 Sent Package

09-15-2008 Received I-751 NOA1 (Notice date: 09-10-2008)

10-01-2008 Received Biometrics Appointment (Notice date: 09-26-2008)

10-15-2008 Biometrics date: 09-30-2008

12-12-2008 Card production Ordered

Citizenship Process

10-26-2009 Sent N400 - Citizenship Application

10-30-2009 NOA notice date

11-02-2009 Received NOA in mailbox

11-19-2009 Received Fingerprint Notification notice

11-20-2009 Fingerprint taken

01-29-2010 Passed Interview

02-19-2010 Oath Ceremony

02-23-2010 Ordered passport book and card :)

Timeline

La Isla escondida?

That place is in Surco?? Close to El ovalo de higuereta??

Well I'm not sure if We are talking about the same place but I went there once and It really liked me.. I had another place where I used to go.. El Buzo is in Caminos del Inca.. Have You tried???

About the Lime and Lemon I found both here.. the problem is the fish.... maybe is not fresh like in Lima :)

but I think You are right I should wait till back to Peru...

There are many other dishes I could cook here because I found some of the ingredients...

I wasn't an expert in Peru... but I tried to cook there and nobody died :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I think we all need to get together and have one big Peruvian party...... Infact on July 28 here in Miami they have a very BIG party for the Peruvian independance day.

If any of you come to visit down in South Florida there are a number of Peruvian restaurants as well as a grocery store chain called Sedanos you can buy Cuzquena beer.

I will post again the web sight as soon as I can find it that you can order online Peruvian food.

Ok I located the web sight for the Peruvian products

www.LaBodegaPeruana.com

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiance is from Peru (Lima) he has been here for four years, he misses many things from home....especially now during the copa mundial. Before we came here (Minneapolis) we were in Lima (Jesus Maria) and before that me in Colombia (Bogota, Chapinero) and him in Lima. Things I know he misses and the first thing he does when he arrives in Lima (about 1 time per year, this year we will go to visit in January 2007!!):

1) chela + ceviche

2) arroz con pollo

3) lomo saltado

4) pan - pan - pan

5) pastel de acelga

6) acetunas

7) palta

There is a good cevicheria in Lima: la choza nautica, but I have never been there (just heard it is good).

PS> I don't know about the rest of you, but we were surprised that Alan Garcia was re-elected :0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.