V&J2005

Hi, I'm from Peru

728 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
What i know about living in Peru and staying there legally is that you guys would have to become peruvians and get and DNI, its like the AOS here, fisrt you have the right to stay 3 months without problems and then you need to become a resident unless you get a work permit though a company. My cousin married a swiss girl and she had to become a peruvian citizen so she could stay in Peru, of course when she travels, she uses her swiss passport :P so she doesnt need to get a visa for any country. There are some countries that allow dual citizenship like Spain, but US is not in the list :( I hope that information helps.

OLY AND DIDIER

http://www.digemin.gob.pe/servicios_naturalizacion.asp

DIRECCIÓN DE NATURALIZACIÓN

Inscripción de hijos de peruanos nacidos en el extranjero

Inscripción de hijos de extranjeros nacidos en el extranjero que residen en el Perú desde los cinco años de edad que al llegar a la mayoría de edad manifiestan su voluntad de ser peruanos

Peruanos por matrimonio

Adquisición de la naturalización

Adquisición de la doble nacionalidad

Título de recuperación de la nacionalidad peruana

Hijos de peruanos nacidos en el extranjero que a su mayoría de edad adopten por la nacionalidad peruana

Renuncia a la nacionalidad peruana

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey I was married in Peru, woohoo. But I am not ready to move there yet.

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

ceviche is not exactly my favorite dish, but my wife loves it. I tasted in when I was in Peru last. I think it to be an acquired taste. She says she has not yet been able to find all of the ingredients here to make it the way she did in Peru. I guess she will just have to wait until we take our next trip over to visit friends and family.

Steve

I-129F sumbitted 02-14-2004

1st NOA 02-19-2004

2nd NOA 04-14-2004

Left <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->NVC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> 04-23-2004

Rec by consulate 04-28-2004

Rec packet 3 05-06-2004

Interview date 06-01-2004

Visa Denied

Married in Peru 06-10-2004

I-130 submitted - TSC 09-22-2004

NOA1 -transferred to CSC 10-07-2004

Online Approvla of I-130 01/05/2005

Received NOA2 approval in mail 01-07-2005

K3 submitted 10-17-2004

1st NOA 10-25-2004

APPROVED 06-22-2005

<!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->NVC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> assigned case number 06-24-2005

Sent out to Consulate 06/28/2004

Interview scheduled in Lima Peru 08-18-2005

VISA APPROVED - 09-26-2005 - YES...FINALLY

Arrived in Houston 10-15-2005

Filed AOS and EAD 12-06-2005

Infopass interview 03-16-2006 -

Received EAD 03-27-2006

Received letter of AOS approval 04/21/2006

AOS interview 06-07-2006

AOS approved 06-07-2006 - 3 days before our 2 year anniversary

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Article 53 of the 1993 Constitution (see http://www.georgetown.edu/pdba/Constitutions/Peru/) says that “La nacionalidad peruana no se pierde, salvo por renuncia expresa ante autoridad peruana.”

Pedro Pablo Kuczynski is a Peruvian citizen who has held high level government positions in Peru, and he is a naturalized US citizen. He conserves dual citizenship. (now, he has been criticized for accepting his second citizenship due to some of the policies he has promoted, as they seem more pro-US than pro-Peru...but that is another story!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

well if I hit the lotto I will move to Peru and build a hotel in Lima for Norte Americanos--and a resort hotel in Punta Sal beach area, who knows maybe even start a tour company.

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

The best place to eat ceviche??? Uhmmmmm I'll say "El Muellecito" in San Borja (Rosa Toro Av.), I live in NYC and there are plenty of peruvian restaurants and peruvian bodegas (*Queens & Portchester) we try to go there once a month to eat some good ceviche,tallarines verdes,anticuchos,trucha frita, etc and after that we go to visit the bodegas to buy some Inca Kola,sublimes,sorrento,cuacua,triangulo (yes, Sil loves peruvian chocolates) we are looking everywhere for Pisco but can't find it so each and everytime somebody from Peru comes to visit us my mom sends some bottles (Vargas and Biondi, no, we are not alcoholic, but who can resist a good Pisco Sour???)

I try to cook peruvian food almost everyday, I got this book "Que cocinare hoy??? from Nicolini and helps me ALOT. Even Sil is cooking now, I taught him how to make Papa a la Huancaina and our addiction : CANCHITA!!!!! we have canchita all the time and his family love it too.

I miss to have a maid too ( I miss you Delia!!!) I wish I can hire own but maids are really expensive here (they make about $500 a week) maybe when I win the lottery.

As all of you I miss my family, my friends, my doggy, the cheap taxis, the combis, the noise, and I'm counting the days to go back to Peru for Christmas (Just 180 more days!!!!!!!!)

Well people I hope all of you have a wonderful day!!!!!!

Saludos to everybody....

Vi

Veroka: Please send me you e.mail again

Oly: How's everything?????????

sofsmile-1.jpg

Timeline
The best place to eat ceviche??? Uhmmmmm I'll say "El Muellecito" in San Borja (Rosa Toro Av.), I live in NYC and there are plenty of peruvian restaurants and peruvian bodegas (*Queens & Portchester) we try to go there once a month to eat some good ceviche,tallarines verdes,anticuchos,trucha frita, etc and after that we go to visit the bodegas to buy some Inca Kola,sublimes,sorrento,cuacua,triangulo (yes, Sil loves peruvian chocolates) we are looking everywhere for Pisco but can't find it so each and everytime somebody from Peru comes to visit us my mom sends some bottles (Vargas and Biondi, no, we are not alcoholic, but who can resist a good Pisco Sour???)

I try to cook peruvian food almost everyday, I got this book "Que cocinare hoy??? from Nicolini and helps me ALOT. Even Sil is cooking now, I taught him how to make Papa a la Huancaina and our addiction : CANCHITA!!!!! we have canchita all the time and his family love it too.

I miss to have a maid too ( I miss you Delia!!!) I wish I can hire own but maids are really expensive here (they make about $500 a week) maybe when I win the lottery.

As all of you I miss my family, my friends, my doggy, the cheap taxis, the combis, the noise, and I'm counting the days to go back to Peru for Christmas (Just 180 more days!!!!!!!!)

Well people I hope all of you have a wonderful day!!!!!!

Saludos to everybody....

Vi

Veroka: Please send me you e.mail again

Oly: How's everything?????????

Hola Vi

yes I used to go to el muellecito in rosa toros, they have a dish call the same as the restaurant el muellecito.. its good :) I don't think You can be able to cook Ceviche here Its better wait till back to Peru, I know there hight percent of peruvian in NY my sister lives in NJ and She somtimes goes to NY in order to buy things from Peru she even told me that peruvians celebrate the independe day JULY 28, same way people celebrate in Peru w/parades in the streets.I'd like see that

:thumbs:

Edited by veroka64

Timeline

Hi people

someone asked how to get the 3 certificates(certificado de la policia, certi de antecendetes penales del poder judicial, cert de antec, judiciales)for the interview in the Lima embassy :help:

the question was

..."My fiance lives in Cusco right now, where would he go about getting

these 3 DIFFERENT cert's, since the addresses listed all seem to be for

Lima??

Timeline

If the fiance lives in Cusco, he needs to get all his certificados in that city. Go to the local police station and they will tell you.

For all foreigners who want to live in Peru: You do NOT need to become a citizen, just a legal resident (like here in the US). Your peruvian spouse can petition you and you will become you will be handed a "carnet de extranjeria". It's like a peruvian green card. It is a simple process. The spouse needs to be peruvian.

By acepting the US citizenship you are NOT renuncing to the peruvian one, FOR PERUVIAN purposes. For Peru, the only way you can renunce to the peruvian citizenship (which actually makes no sense except if you want to save a 50 dollar fine every 5 years for not voting in presidential elections) is by express and written consent. The is a form the peruvian citizen needs to fill out. For practical reasons, it gives you absolutely no advantage (except for the fine already mentioned).

Actually, it is very beneficial to have both (and to your children to have both). Remember the draft during Vietnam war? God know if something happens in the future and the US becomes a dangerous place to live for you or your children. If you need to leave, where would you go? I am not pesimistic but during the 70's (not that long ago) a lot of man fled the country in order to avoid being sent to the slaughter (Vietnam). Those with dual US-Canadian or US-Mexican citizenship were safe but the other went through an ordeal.

US doesnt recognize dual citizenship but most of the countries do. I know it may be a difficult concept to grasp but believe me, it has no practical consequences (I know my deal of international law). For the US you wont be peruavian anymore but for Peru you are.

Life is beautiful

Timeline
HI! My fiance is from Moyobamba, Peru. He lives in Trujillo right now. I am flying down there tomorrow for our interview at the embassy on June 22nd! We are hoping that all goes well.

He will be coming up here on August 24th, if all goes well, and I know that he will miss home, but he has been here before and really enjoyed it.

:)

To soteshperu

I hope everything was fine w/ the interview in Lima embassy :)

:unsure:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

VISA WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will write more about our experience later! We are going to celebrate now!!! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My baby and I can be together forever!!!!!!!! :dance::P:dance::P:dance:

K1 Visa process

January 28, 2006 - Send in I-129F packet to Nebraska!

January 30, 2006 - Check cashed, case received by NCS.

February 2, 2006 - NOA-1 RECEIVED!!!!!!!! (mail) HURRAY!!!!

April 17, 2006 - TOUCHED!!! and it feels so good!!!!

April 17, 2006 - NOA2 online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!

April 21, 2006 - Leaves NSC for NVC

April 25, 2006 - Received at NVC

June 16, 2006 - Going to Peru for the summer

June 22, 2006 - Interview Date! AHHH!!! APPROVED!!!!

June 29, 2006 - Visa in Hand!

August 26, 2006 - Hans comes to the U.S.

September 23, 2006 - MARRIED!!! AWWW!!!!

AOS & EAD JOURNEY

December 1, 2006 - AOS & EAD PACKET SENT

December 6, 2006 - AOS NOA & EAD NOA

December 11, 2006 - AOS & EAD TOUCHED!

December 13, 2006 - AOS & EAD TOUCHED!

Dec. 15, 2006 - Biometrics letter received.

Dec. 21, 2006 - RFE - tax info

Dec. 22, 2006 - Biometrics appt.

Jan. 03, 2007 - AOS & EAD TOUCHED!

Feb. 21, 2007 - RFE Request sent back

Feb. 26, 2007 - RFE received & EAD/AOS resumed

March 1, 2007 - Transferred to CSC

March 12, 2007 - EAD APPROVED!!! Card ordered!

March 14, 2007 - AOS touched

March 17, 2007 - EAD Card in HAND!

March 21, 2007 - Email saying AOS APPROVED!

March 30, 2007 - GREENCARD IN HAND!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!

Timeline
VISA WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will write more about our experience later! We are going to celebrate now!!! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My baby and I can be together forever!!!!!!!! :dance::P:dance::P:dance:

I wanna be the 1st to tell you

Congratulations!! to you guys... :D

tell us your experience

Edited by veroka64

K & J

Thanks for that explanation, that helps a lot.

Let me throw this situation at you, What would happen if the USC did successfully become a Peruvian rather than a resident? What would the US Government think about that?

veroka64

Could you please give me the address or directions to Garcias restaurant in Columbus. Did they change the name or management yet? I'm going to be in Columbus next month and I want to try it out.

:dance: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSS

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Timeline

soteshperu, :dance: Congratulations :dance: another peruvian-american couple who will be together forever :thumbs:

OLY AND DIDIER

AOS PROCESS

Finally we sent our AOS and EAD paperwork.

09-13-2006 AOS/EAD package sent via FedEX to USCIS in Chicago.

09-22-2006 Received NOA by Mail for AOS and EAD

09-29-2006 Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

10-04-2006 Biometrics done for AOS and EAD

10-10-2006 NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

11-21-2006 AOS touched

12-06-2006 AOS approved (online status)

12-11-2006 Green Card Arrived - Woo Whoo

12-12-2006 Welcome Letter by mail

Removing Conditions I-751

09-09-2008 Sent Package

09-15-2008 Received I-751 NOA1 (Notice date: 09-10-2008)

10-01-2008 Received Biometrics Appointment (Notice date: 09-26-2008)

10-15-2008 Biometrics date: 09-30-2008

12-12-2008 Card production Ordered

Citizenship Process

10-26-2009 Sent N400 - Citizenship Application

10-30-2009 NOA notice date

11-02-2009 Received NOA in mailbox

11-19-2009 Received Fingerprint Notification notice

11-20-2009 Fingerprint taken

01-29-2010 Passed Interview

02-19-2010 Oath Ceremony

02-23-2010 Ordered passport book and card :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.