ozone_1974

What's your favorite restaurant in USA ?

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
when I was in Florida, I was looking for good and not too expensive restaurants. One I found (very well known though), not too expensive and they have quite a nice choice is Olive Garden. Their food is really good and tasty and the ambiance is fantastic ! :)

Are you moving to Florida? If you are, I totally recommend the Pollo Tropical chain. Let us know where you're moving to and I can be more specific. lol

Okay, I am a really really really picky eater so please don't anyone take any comments I make to heart. They're just my personal preferences and are not a dig at anyone else's preferences. (Can you tell I've been on VJ a bit too long? :lol: )

Not a big fan of the 5 Guys here in central Florida. The fries were overcooked and tasted like they'd been fried in grease that had never been changed. Ever. The burgers were a disgusting mess. The young woman who whipped out her ####### and breastfed her baby in front of my husband and I while we were eating didn't help any, either. <_<

Cracker Barrel has really great pecan pancakes.

The Outback sucks big time. Our last three attempts at different Outbacks were a complete washout. The third last time we had to send our meals back twice. We ended up only paying for my glass of wine. We only went back the last time because we had been given a free meal voucher in addition to the free meals we received there one night. That time it was not the food. It was a disgusting portrayal of ignorance and racism by one of the employees. The manager couldn't have been more horrified. At any rate, there is definitely a difference between the Canadian and the American Outbacks. I love their chopped salads, though.

The Cheesecake Factory is awesome. I absolutely love their Thai lettuce wraps. It's yummy in my tummy. Not too fussed on their cheesecakes, though. At least the ones I've tried.

Crispers has some good soups and salads. Haven't tried anything else there, though. And some of the Panera Bread Companies are quite good too. There's a bagel place called Einstein Brothers that have an awesome nova lox bagel that I love. Other than that, my favourite restaurant is Sushi Katana. :luv:

iagree.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WASABI

it's a fusion of JAPANESE-CHINESE AND AMERICAN CUISINE

it's BUFFET so you have a lot of choices especially sushi...and the price is so cheap... 20 bucks is too much for the two of you!! only here in MT. DORA, FL along SR 441.....5 minutes drive from our house...he he he .i think there is another one in JACKSONVILLE, FL.

Here is my favorite - one with a seaweed and I love the pickled young ginger.

1_339255837l.jpg

other choices.

1. Sweet Tomatoes - lots of Salad

2. Ruby Tuesday- just the steak

3.POLLO TROPICAL

4. he he he he he he but I really love KFC chicken with mash potato and coleslaw, i love the KFC Buffet in Pembroke Pines, FL.

5. but wait... in GATLINBURG, TENESSEE..they have the PANCAKE PANTRY. http://www.pancakepantry.com/.that's the best restaurant I have been to outside Florida... that when we got home , my wife is craving for panckaes the same as what we tasted there....

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

WASABI

it's BUFFET so you have a lot of choices especially sushi...and the price is so cheap... 20 bucks is too much for the two of you!! only here in MT. DORA, FL along SR 441.....5 minutes drive from our house...he he he .i think there is another one in JACKSONVILLE, FL.

Hey! We're in Mount Dora too!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I haven't seen a restaurant called Wasabi, though. But if it's a buffet I probably won't go in there. Not a big fan of buffet restaurants. Have you tried Mt Dora Sushi? It is horrible horrible horrible! I can't believe it won a prize for being a great place to eat! :bonk:

My favourite Japanese restaurant is Sushi Katana. It is AMAZING.

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Are you moving to Florida? If you are, I totally recommend the Pollo Tropical chain. Let us know where you're moving to and I can be more specific. lol

Yes I will be moving to sunny Florida :D

I've noticed too that the portions they serve in USA are huuuuuuuuuuuuuge, although I LOVE food and can eat quite a lot, I don't know how they are doing to eat all of it at once .. Most of the time I just can't finish my meals .. lol, so we often bring the leftovers back home to eat it later :)

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

K1

2008-07-09 : I-129F Sent

2008-11-18 : I-129F NOA2

2008-11-24 : Consulate Received

2008-11-30 : Packet 3 Received

2009-01-26 : Medical appointment (3 vaccines shots !)

2009-02-09 : Packet 3 Sent

2009-03-30 : Packet 4 Received

2009-04-28 : Visa APPROVED !!!!!

2009-05-01 : Visa in hand !!!!!

2009-08-22 : Big smile and moving to sunny Florida

2009-08-23 : Finally here in Florida with my babe :)

2009-09-17 : Civil wedding :)

AOS

2009-10-13 : Filed for AOS, AP, EAD

2009-10-23 : AOS NOA Received

2009-10-23 : AP NOA Received

2009-10-23 : EAD NOA Received

2009-11-05 : AOS Transfered to CSC

2009-11-18 : Biometrics Appt.

2009-12-04 : AP Approved

2009-12-11 : EAD Card received

2010-02-16 : AOS Approved and Greencard Received ! :)

Removing conditions on 11/16/2011

WASABI

Hey! We're in Mount Dora too!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I haven't seen a restaurant called Wasabi, though. But if it's a buffet I probably won't go in there. Not a big fan of buffet restaurants. Have you tried Mt Dora Sushi? It is horrible horrible horrible! I can't believe it won a prize for being a great place to eat! :bonk:

My favourite Japanese restaurant is Sushi Katana. It is AMAZING.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

it's along 441 next to FROGGERS if you're coming from Leesburg or Tavares

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We have several - for chains we like Olive Garden and Cracker Barrel

There are 4 restaurants that are not chains that we like - for Indian food our favourite is in north Atlanta (Sandy Springs area) called Swapna - absolutely the best Indian food ever - and whenever we go we tend to be among the handful of non-Indian customers so we take that as a good indication of the food's quality.

Locally, there is a really nice French restaurant called "Peche" where the food and service are both excellent (Carla, Gene and I had lunch there), a real Mexican restaurant - not Tex/Mex - called Rancheros - and a local restaurant called "Broadway Diner". The Broadway Diner is a mix of American, Greek, Italian and Mexican - meals are all home made, really tasty and nicely presented - and they have a dessert area with 7 layer cakes! They were closed for re-modeling until 2 weeks ago and we have been back twice since they re-opened.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
but wait... in GATLINBURG, TENESSEE..they have the PANCAKE PANTRY. http://www.pancakepantry.com/.that's the best restaurant I have been to outside Florida... that when we got home , my wife is craving for panckaes the same as what we tasted there....

I LOVE pancakes :) Oh and Belgium waffles with REAL (of course the Canadian one) maple syrup too :D

K1

AOS

Yes I will be moving to sunny Florida :D

I've noticed too that the portions they serve in USA are huuuuuuuuuuuuuge, although I LOVE food and can eat quite a lot, I don't know how they are doing to eat all of it at once .. Most of the time I just can't finish my meals .. lol, so we often bring the leftovers back home to eat it later :)

Which area of Florida? (Sorry if I seem like a pest..... trying to give you specifics on good/bad places to eat but there's no point in mentioning them if you're not anywhere close to that area.)

Yes, I agree that the portions are HUGE here. We will usually share a meal or have leftovers for the next day. Sushi Katana you get normal portions.

it's along 441 next to FROGGERS if you're coming from Leesburg or Tavares

Hmm. I know where Froggers is. Haven't been there but I've seen it when I go to Albertsons. I'll have to take a closer look next time. LOL

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

There are 4 restaurants that are not chains that we like - for Indian food our favourite is in north Atlanta (Sandy Springs area) called Swapna - absolutely the best Indian food ever - and whenever we go we tend to be among the handful of non-Indian customers so we take that as a good indication of the food's quality.

Locally, there is a really nice French restaurant called "Peche" where the food and service are both excellent (Carla, Gene and I had lunch there), a real Mexican restaurant - not Tex/Mex - called Rancheros - and a local restaurant called "Broadway Diner". The Broadway Diner is a mix of American, Greek, Italian and Mexican - meals are all home made, really tasty and nicely presented - and they have a dessert area with 7 layer cakes! They were closed for re-modeling until 2 weeks ago and we have been back twice since they re-opened.

Mmmmm....I really like Swapna too.

I'm finding it difficult to find good ethnic restaurants around here. I'd love to find authentic Thai and Chinese food. I've heard that I should be looking aroun Buford highway but iIve no idea where that is. The other thing I'm really missing is a real British or Irish pub. I can't figure out why they were so easy to find in Ontario but difficult to find here.

~ Catherine

Timeline
Which area of Florida? (Sorry if I seem like a pest..... trying to give you specifics on good/bad places to eat but there's no point in mentioning them if you're not anywhere close to that area.)

lol np at all Krikit, I will be moving to Tampa :)

K1

AOS

Timeline
In Houston, I'd say Tony's, Taste of Texas, Pappadeux, Pappa's Steakhouse, Fogo de Chao and the Melting Pot.

Hugh Hefner and the girls next door go there quite a bit.... or used to go there, before they split up. It looks really good, always wanted to try it. Hmmm wonder if they have one on the east coast *goes to google melting pot*

Ohhhh there's one in Philly! I am going there SOON!!

Edited by JillA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Well I had Outback Steakhouse for the first time 2 weeks ago....it was okay....nothing too special about it.

Longhorns steak....mmmm....melt in your mouth! By far the best steak I have ever had!!

Olive Garden is another one of my favourites!

There is a place not too far from where my fiance lives....and I think its a local restaurant but I could be wrong....called Amarillo BBQ. So tasty! and of course messy! The cornbread that comes with your meal and your sides is like the size of your meal...no joke... a BLOCK of it!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Mmmmm....I really like Swapna too.

I'm finding it difficult to find good ethnic restaurants around here. I'd love to find authentic Thai and Chinese food. I've heard that I should be looking aroun Buford highway but iIve no idea where that is. The other thing I'm really missing is a real British or Irish pub. I can't figure out why they were so easy to find in Ontario but difficult to find here.

~ Catherine

Hi Catherine,

My husband has a Chinese co-worker who has taken us to some really good Chinese restaurants in Atlanta. I'll ask him to check with her and get some names for you (I think one was the Oriental Pearl in Chinatown and another was at the other end of the mall area from the Oriental Pearl). We have a really good Thai restaurant down here south of the City but I am sure there are others much closer to you. I also have an acquaintance of a friend who runs one of the few real Irish pubs in the area. I'll try to get the exact address for that as well. We haven't been there but have heard wonderful things about it. I agree though, I miss a good Irish/British pub, too.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are big fans of all the amazing local places in NYC and surrounding area and rarely go to a chain, but I do really like most chains. Growing up in the suburbs that's what I was raised on! Swiss Chalet and Jack Astor's!

We love love love steak so we often opt for a steakhouse. Some of our faves are Peter Luger's and Wolfgang's. As well, for burgers we go to an Irish pub in his neighbourhood with the #1 rated burgers in NY called Donovan's - they are absolutely to die for...

We actually went on our first date at The Olive Garden in Times Square...that was quite nice. I do like Olive Garden a lot... especially their salad and breadsticks but I haven't been in forever.

R loves Cracker Barrel, but I've never been... we'll need to go check it out.

Fast food places that I love are White Castle and Chick Fil-A. I wish there was a Chick Fil-A near us in NY, when we were n Florida on vacation we ate it like 3 or 4 times in one week, LOL.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.