sungki/panget

don't know what to do??? get a lawyer or wait???

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:crying: ... ok, this is our case... my fiancee file I-129F last july '08... and then the processing fee went up... so he sent the correct amount of fee... and then we got our first letter (I-129F NOA1) july 30, 2008... and up to now it was touched only once (08/06/2008)...

and then i spoked to his friend's fiancee who filed the same case but a month later than us... and they were already approve early this month... "congratulations to both of them" ... it took 5 mos. for them to wait... and we are on our 7th mo...

my fiancee and i talked about the application before and i told him something is missing in the application... he didn't include the 4 copies of biographic info (G-325A), but its too late coz he mailed it already... and i know now that this is the reason why our application is getting behind...

my only advise for all of you who haven't file your applications yet, it is better to call USCIS to order your application to get the complete set of application, guidelines and any other important documents you need to add when you file... than just downloading it by yourself... good luck to all of US!!! :thumbs:

but right now im just confused, we don't know what to do... i told my fiancee if you get a lawyer it will cost a lot... but how long we have wait until USCIS answer us??? pls. help up guys... every reply/comment will be much appreciated... thank you... and more power... :star:

:crying: ... ok, this is our case... my fiancee file I-129F last july '08... and then the processing fee went up... so he sent the correct amount of fee... and then we got our first letter (I-129F NOA1) july 30, 2008... and up to now it was touched only once (08/06/2008)...

and then i spoked to his friend's fiancee who filed the same case but a month later than us... and they were already approve early this month... "congratulations to both of them" ... it took 5 mos. for them to wait... and we are on our 7th mo...

my fiancee and i talked about the application before and i told him something is missing in the application... he didn't include the 4 copies of biographic info (G-325A), but its too late coz he mailed it already... and i know now that this is the reason why our application is getting behind...

my only advise for all of you who haven't file your applications yet, it is better to call USCIS to order your application to get the complete set of application, guidelines and any other important documents you need to add when you file... than just downloading it by yourself... good luck to all of US!!! :thumbs:

but right now im just confused, we don't know what to do... i told my fiancee if you get a lawyer it will cost a lot... but how long we have wait until USCIS answer us??? pls. help up guys... every reply/comment will be much appreciated... thank you... and more power... :star:

I take it you haven't received an RFE yet? I'm not sure a lawyer would be of any assistance at this point. Basically, when you omit information from your petition, USCIS will contact the petitioner and request that the missing information is submitted.

Can you check the status of your case online? Have you contacted USCIS? It could be that they have not begun to adjudicate your case yet and therefore have not even discovered that the information is missing. Sadly cases are not always completed in the order they are received and some may slip through the net.

First thing I would do.....call.

Anybody else have any advice?

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hmm i could be wrong but i think since u already sent it in that it is too late to get an attorney, but on the bright side they will give u im pretty sure a RFE and u can at that time send it in..........im sure that someone will come along that can give u better advise about this these are just my thoughts on it

sara

Timeline

I take it you haven't received an RFE yet? I'm not sure a lawyer would be of any assistance at this point. Basically, when you omit information from your petition, USCIS will contact the petitioner and request that the missing information is submitted.

Can you check the status of your case online? Have you contacted USCIS? It could be that they have not begun to adjudicate your case yet and therefore have not even discovered that the information is missing. Sadly cases are not always completed in the order they are received and some may slip through the net.

thanks Ellie-and-David... i've check our status online... still the same... case receive and pending... and we did call already... they just check the status too... they didn't say anything... what they said is they cannot really tell what the problem is... they just told us to wait!!! and we haven't receive any RFE too... but thanks... we really appreciate your reply... and goodluck :thumbs:

Timeline
hmm i could be wrong but i think since u already sent it in that it is too late to get an attorney, but on the bright side they will give u im pretty sure a RFE and u can at that time send it in..........im sure that someone will come along that can give u better advise about this these are just my thoughts on it

sara

hope they will send us the RFE soon, i guess that's the only thing we can hold on to??? hayyyysss... we wasted a couple of months for this...

thanks sara/"estadia"... good day... and goodluck :thumbs:

thanks Ellie-and-David... i've check our status online... still the same... case receive and pending... and we did call already... they just check the status too... they didn't say anything... what they said is they cannot really tell what the problem is... they just told us to wait!!! and we haven't receive any RFE too... but thanks... we really appreciate your reply... and goodluck :thumbs:

Hmmmmm...your petition has been waiting a while. When was the last time you contacted them? If i were you, i'd stay on top of them. Call again. And consider getting your local representative involved. Sometimes a jolt from the right official will assist USCIS in seeing the merits of processing your case. Your over the magic six month mark now and whilst USCIS cover their butts by saying they are still processing April petitions....a rep might help move things along.

I feel for you guys. It must be hard to see other people being approved and wondering why nothing is happening with your case.

Good luck.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Timeline

Hmmmmm...your petition has been waiting a while. When was the last time you contacted them? If i were you, i'd stay on top of them. Call again. And consider getting your local representative involved. Sometimes a jolt from the right official will assist USCIS in seeing the merits of processing your case. Your over the magic six month mark now and whilst USCIS cover their butts by saying they are still processing April petitions....a rep might help move things along.

I feel for you guys. It must be hard to see other people being approved and wondering why nothing is happening with your case.

Good luck.

my fiancee is the one who calls USCIS, he called last friday and will call again tomorrow... i will told him to do that... thank you very much!!! :star: is there anything i can do i mean im here in canada and not much i can do to help him??? thanks again!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wasn't it Ju;y 2007 when the fees went up ? I applied back in Nov 2007 and had the higher fees. If you guys applied before the fees went up you have been waiting well over a year not 8 months

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Timeline
Wasn't it Ju;y 2007 when the fees went up ? I applied back in Nov 2007 and had the higher fees. If you guys applied before the fees went up you have been waiting well over a year not 8 months

hi sylvia_n_joseph... i just spoke to my fiancee and the problem with him is he just printed the application form from USCIS (even me get confused w/ him sometimes) i told him that he should have just order it so he gets the right and complete set of application... so he enclosed $190 or so on the application for the processing fee and then he got a letter that it went up to $455... so i dont really know when it did go up... but they should have (USCIS) said in the letter too that we're missing some documents that we shoud have enclosed in the application... anyways, he's going to call tomorrow and hopefully they will give us something... thanks for the reply... goodluck! :thumbs:

good luck. But a lawyer won't be able to do much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

hi sylvia_n_joseph... i just spoke to my fiancee and the problem with him is he just printed the application form from USCIS (even me get confused w/ him sometimes) i told him that he should have just order it so he gets the right and complete set of application... so he enclosed $190 or so on the application for the processing fee and then he got a letter that it went up to $455... so i dont really know when it did go up... but they should have (USCIS) said in the letter too that we're missing some documents that we shoud have enclosed in the application... anyways, he's going to call tomorrow and hopefully they will give us something... thanks for the reply... goodluck! :thumbs:

The first thing they check is the check/money order, they don't even go through the rest of the paperwork until whenever they get around to it, which is when they will send you an RFE for the missing documents. Unfortunately, you are still technically within the "processing times" listed on the uscis.gov website for VSC - April 15, 2008. I don't think it would hurt to contact a congressman/senator and see if they can get involved. A lawyer won't do you any good. Good luck!

Edited by DavChels

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

If you are missing 4 copies of biographic info (G-325A) Send them in to the same place you sent the application with a letter explaining you forgot to add them in with your application. Include your case number from the NOA 1. When I had been calling NVC and found I was missing a document I mailed everything in before I ever received the RFE. If you have paid any fees online and can print one of those coversheets that show your case number I would include that too. It's very odd that you have not received an RFE yet as its been so long. I am surprised when you call NVC they didn't tell you that you were missing those documents and tell you how to send them in.

Good Luck!

Timeline

The first thing they check is the check/money order, they don't even go through the rest of the paperwork until whenever they get around to it, which is when they will send you an RFE for the missing documents. Unfortunately, you are still technically within the "processing times" listed on the uscis.gov website for VSC - April 15, 2008. I don't think it would hurt to contact a congressman/senator and see if they can get involved. A lawyer won't do you any good. Good luck!

thanks 'DavChels' ... all the replies and comments that we're getting are much appreciated... goodluck as well... i hope USCIS will tell us something tomorrow... thanks again :)

Timeline
If you are missing 4 copies of biographic info (G-325A) Send them in to the same place you sent the application with a letter explaining you forgot to add them in with your application. Include your case number from the NOA 1. When I had been calling NVC and found I was missing a document I mailed everything in before I ever received the RFE. If you have paid any fees online and can print one of those coversheets that show your case number I would include that too. It's very odd that you have not received an RFE yet as its been so long. I am surprised when you call NVC they didn't tell you that you were missing those documents and tell you how to send them in.

Good Luck!

thanks 'marie620'... i know its very odd... its been a long time we're waiting and they didn't say anything if we have problem w/ the application... i don't wanna doubt my fiancee if he's really following up the application, but i know he does... if there's only anything i can do on my end to follow up too... but i can't access... the only thing i rely on is checking status online and my fiancee of course... uhhhh... im sorry... it's just sometimes i just wanna scream but there's nothing really that i can do than wait... hopefully tomorrow they will say something and then will come up of something... thanks again for the advise... everybody is very helpful here in VJ... goodluck to you and more power to VJ... :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.