Gri5w4ld

when to file I-129F

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I am going to visit my fiancee in just a couple months in the philippines and i'm wonder when I should start the K1 process. I want to start it now so it will go through faster but i'm not sure if I am required to meet with my fiancee before I even start the process or not. thx for the help everyone.

Hi, I am going to visit my fiancee in just a couple months in the philippines and i'm wonder when I should start the K1 process. I want to start it now so it will go through faster but i'm not sure if I am required to meet with my fiancee before I even start the process or not. thx for the help everyone.

It is an essential requirement at the time of filing that you and the person you are going to marry have met within the last two years. You can not file until you have met her. There are very rare exceptions to this rule.

Please start by reading the K1 guides. These will help inform you of what is required of you.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello...I'm also about to begin the process like you. If you go here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples and check the I129F form you'll see that in question #18 you have to explain how you and your fiancee met. Or if not you'll have to then explain how the relation was established.

If by any chance I'm wrong please someone with more knowledge in the matter correct me.

PEACE..........

Edited by Victor&Cory

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

YOu can write a letter on how you meet and how that relationship been established with your signature on it below ,aside from meeting in person. If you want to look for a sample please look at the sample forms (Letter of Intent to Marry-both of you need to signed it). Good luck!

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

If u r planning to visit ur gf in Philippines U can apply a fiance visa here in Philippines just go to the US embassy in manila ..in roxas boulevard....i think it would be easier I saw a lot of petitioner and their FIANCEE/FIANCE there applying i-129 F when i applied for the naturalization and US passport for my lil one...i think it would be alot easier and fastest way...or call the US embassy here in philippines to ask what papers r needed to applied...they r very nice

too :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

or call this number 63-2-301-2000

Goodluck :dance::dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
If u r planning to visit ur gf in Philippines U can apply a fiance visa here in Philippines just go to the US embassy in manila ..in roxas boulevard....i think it would be easier I saw a lot of petitioner and their FIANCEE/FIANCE there applying i-129 F when i applied for the naturalization and US passport for my lil one...i think it would be alot easier and fastest way...or call the US embassy here in philippines to ask what papers r needed to applied...they r very nice

You should apply for your fiancee only after you have met her first that way you can have evidence like photos. Also unless things have changed in the last couple of years. I thought you can only apply for fiancee here in the US not at the Embassy because your petition has to go to your local USCIS according to where you live to start the approval process.

You should apply for your fiancee only after you have met her first that way you can have evidence like photos. Also unless things have changed in the last couple of years. I thought you can only apply for fiancee here in the US not at the Embassy because your petition has to go to your local USCIS according to where you live to start the approval process.

Really??/i have friends here they applied k1 but havent met yet in person when they apply the k1...the guy only visit his lady last feb 14,2008 but the guy stay only for 5 days cuz has emergency back home..they dnt have pictures together...they got approve july 5..so i dnt think that u cant apply k1 visa if u havent met ur fiance/fiancee in person :innocent::innocent:

Really??/i have friends here they applied k1 but havent met yet in person when they apply the k1...the guy only visit his lady last feb 14,2008 but the guy stay only for 5 days cuz has emergency back home..they dnt have pictures together...they got approve july 5..so i dnt think that u cant apply k1 visa if u havent met ur fiance/fiancee in person :innocent::innocent:

Go to US embassy here in Philippines and see for Ur self......or if ur here in phil go visit the USembassy here..go to american services :star::star:

Timeline

One of the main requirements to file for a K1 visa is that you both need to have met in the past 2 years in person. If you file before meeting then you have failed the requirement. Also when you send the K1 petition you are supposed to answer if you have done this and also they ask how you two met. To show you have met you are supposed to send some evidence that you have done so like the boarding passes, pics, passport stamp, etc. It is hard to do this if you two have never met yet.

Timeline

The first requirement of any petition process is to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.... It will answer many questions you have and/or didn't even know to ask.

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

The NUMBER ONE requirment for the K1 is you must have met in person within the past 2 years. If you dont, and fail to prove otherwise, its a denial. Unless you file a waiver for it and thats super hard to get. I dont think you got the whole story from the ppl you know who filed the K1...they wouldnt have been approved had they not met in person before filing. They wouldve needed proof...unless they sent proof that was doctored.

since reading some of the recent threads in K1 forum...am i the only one noticing alot of uhm either fraud and or ppl not caring about the requirments when petitioning for a fiance from the Philippines??

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You have to travel to her THERE, then return to the USA and file from HERE. It's not easy.

I'm assuming you know that she's worth it. So, suck it up and get busy planning, LOL.

Seriously, I've never been out of the country, and I had a fantastic time over there with a "tour-guide" whom I want to spend the rest of my life with. :thumbs:

Just a thought....Perhaps the folks people saw at the USEM were those who returned to be with their fiance' through the medical and interview process?

Moving on w/life

Timeline
The NUMBER ONE requirment for the K1 is you must have met in person within the past 2 years. If you dont, and fail to prove otherwise, its a denial. Unless you file a waiver for it and thats super hard to get. I dont think you got the whole story from the ppl you know who filed the K1...they wouldnt have been approved had they not met in person before filing. They wouldve needed proof...unless they sent proof that was doctored.

since reading some of the recent threads in K1 forum...am i the only one noticing alot of uhm either fraud and or ppl not caring about the requirments when petitioning for a fiance from the Philippines??

Actually the number one requirement is that the petitioner must be a USC... but your point is still very valid.

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Actually the number one requirement is that the petitioner must be a USC... but your point is still very valid.

true...but i thought that was atleast common sense...however..your right to bring it up as i forgot where i was posting :P

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.