MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Another day, another DoS call, another "no interview date scheduled" status :(

My friend, its only been since the beginning of the month like me.....i'm gonna give the guys in London till probably the 20th THEN we start phoning the DOS and i'm sure we'll have more progress then. And those folks who need to see if London's received the info, call the NVC and see when they sent it off. There is instructions on how to do the tracking on VJ just look. Also book the medical as soon as you get your CASE NUMBER which the NVC sends you that paper saying its sent you to the embassy, its on there....good luck :thumbs:

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Another day, another DoS call, another "no interview date scheduled" status :(

My friend, its only been since the beginning of the month like me.....i'm gonna give the guys in London till probably the 20th THEN we start phoning the DOS and i'm sure we'll have more progress then. And those folks who need to see if London's received the info, call the NVC and see when they sent it off. There is instructions on how to do the tracking on VJ just look. Also book the medical as soon as you get your CASE NUMBER which the NVC sends you that paper saying its sent you to the embassy, its on there....good luck :thumbs:

Big difference is that you sent in your packet 3 at the end of september. Sarah sent hers at the end of August, London says they received it on September 3rd. You can see why I'm a little anxious.

Zach and Sarah's abridged timeline

K-1

03-19-09 - I-129F mailed to CSC

03-23-09 - NOA1 (electronic)

07-22-09 - NOA2

10-21-09 - Interview

11-09-09 - POE (Chicago O'Hare)

12-19-09 - Wedding

AOS

02-05-10 - Mailed I-485

02-06-10 - I-485 Received at Chicago lockbox

02-12-10 - NOA1 (received e-mail and text on 2-12)

02-13-10 - NOA1 hard copy

02-20-10 - Biometrics letter received

03-03-10 - Transferred to CSC (received in post 3-6)

03-10-10 - Biometrics appointment

04-08-10 - Touch

04-15-10 - Touch

04-16-10 - Touch

04-20-10 - Approved!

04-20-10 - Card production ordered

04-26-10 - GC received in mail (done with USCIS for almost two years!)

Removal of Conditions

03-23-12 - Mailed I-751

03-26-12 - NOA1

04-13-12 - Biometrics letter received

05-07-12 - Biometrics

10-10-12 - Approved!

10-10-12 - Card production ordered

10-12-12 - Card mailed

10-15-12 - Card received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

ellie sent her packet3 on aug28 and still no interview set.

we'll get ours soon im sure. the anxiety at the end is killer hehe.

Edited by formakashic

K1

Vermont Service Center / London Embassy

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-13

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-08-26

on 2009-9-30, dos was finally able to tell us that london processed our packet 3 forms

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-10-22

Medical Date : 2009-10-23

Interview Result : Approved! (received visa 13 days after interview because medical results were pending)

Ellie arrives at POE JFK (NY) : 2009-12-05

So,

Some progress has been made..

Appointment booked with local doctor to get vaccination records, CHECK

Letter received from School district outlining times attended, CHECK

Clarification received on "Professionals" to sign photo for ACPO, CHECK

Printer working, CHECK

Chaz mailed off paperwork to Riggs (with some blank dates), in case he doesn't print them before he gets the mail, CHECK

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Hello MARM

I noticed that yr case was in admin processing for a long time have you got the visa approved now ?

did they ever tell you why they have taken long time ? is it because yr fiance is not EU/UK citizen

thanks

Hello :)

Yes, my fiance is still in Admin Processing. I received a letter upon my inquiry to DOS and my fiance received a phone call from the embassy saying that the Administrative Review is complete now for my fiance and that they moved his file to the Non-immigrant visa unit a couple of weeks ago, which is where the K-1's are issued. They also asked my fiance to re-submit DS-157 which he did a week or two ago, and then they sent his case to Washington for mandatory AP, which is what we are going through right now. They never told us why they have taken so long, but I have been very active throughout this whole process trying to find out as much information as possible, and judging from the way my fiance was grilled at his interview and then the way I was grilled in a phone investigation done by London, and the fact that my fiance was in AR by choice of the CO at London and that it took so long to complete, I beleive that it has taken so long (and is still taking so long) because he is not a EU/UK citizen AND because he is a Pakistani citizen in the UK on a student visa. Other than that, there seems to be no other reason as my fiance has a very immaculate immigration record and has only been in two countries in his whole life: Pakistan and UK, and he does not have a common name, neither is there anything unique about his case, also, both my fiance and I are of Pakistani background, we share the same culture, same language, same religion, he is only a few years older than me, both of us are young, so no need for scrutiny there. So it all comes down to the fact that he is not a UK citizen in the UK and that he is of Pakistani origin, which are the reasons for the fact that we are still waiting since his May 12 interview. Hope this info helps you.

-MARM

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline

Well I said to my fiance that if we dont get a interview/approval by the end of November or early December I'm coming over to England for a few weeks for the holidays....to hell with the wedding money....

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Well I said to my fiance that if we dont get a interview/approval by the end of November or early December I'm coming over to England for a few weeks for the holidays....to hell with the wedding money....

I'm so jealous!!!!!

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

I'd be strongly tempted to do the same if I were in your shoes!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello MARM

I noticed that yr case was in admin processing for a long time have you got the visa approved now ?

did they ever tell you why they have taken long time ? is it because yr fiance is not EU/UK citizen

thanks

Hello :)

Yes, my fiance is still in Admin Processing. I received a letter upon my inquiry to DOS and my fiance received a phone call from the embassy saying that the Administrative Review is complete now for my fiance and that they moved his file to the Non-immigrant visa unit a couple of weeks ago, which is where the K-1's are issued. They also asked my fiance to re-submit DS-157 which he did a week or two ago, and then they sent his case to Washington for mandatory AP, which is what we are going through right now. They never told us why they have taken so long, but I have been very active throughout this whole process trying to find out as much information as possible, and judging from the way my fiance was grilled at his interview and then the way I was grilled in a phone investigation done by London, and the fact that my fiance was in AR by choice of the CO at London and that it took so long to complete, I beleive that it has taken so long (and is still taking so long) because he is not a EU/UK citizen AND because he is a Pakistani citizen in the UK on a student visa. Other than that, there seems to be no other reason as my fiance has a very immaculate immigration record and has only been in two countries in his whole life: Pakistan and UK, and he does not have a common name, neither is there anything unique about his case, also, both my fiance and I are of Pakistani background, we share the same culture, same language, same religion, he is only a few years older than me, both of us are young, so no need for scrutiny there. So it all comes down to the fact that he is not a UK citizen in the UK and that he is of Pakistani origin, which are the reasons for the fact that we are still waiting since his May 12 interview. Hope this info helps you.

-MARM

Thanks MARM

The whole process is painful and distressing ...

GOD BLESS US ALL

Thanks MARM

The whole process is painful and distressing ...

GOD BLESS US ALL

Yes, it is very painful to say the least, but we figure they made us wait so long, how much longer can it take??? Especially since Nov 30, 09 my fiance's UK student visa expires and he must leave the UK before that. We hope that everything falls in place this month!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline

Finally an update. Sarah's interview is scheduled in London on October 21st at 9am! Found out in a state department call. The end is finally in sight!

Zach and Sarah's abridged timeline

K-1

03-19-09 - I-129F mailed to CSC

03-23-09 - NOA1 (electronic)

07-22-09 - NOA2

10-21-09 - Interview

11-09-09 - POE (Chicago O'Hare)

12-19-09 - Wedding

AOS

02-05-10 - Mailed I-485

02-06-10 - I-485 Received at Chicago lockbox

02-12-10 - NOA1 (received e-mail and text on 2-12)

02-13-10 - NOA1 hard copy

02-20-10 - Biometrics letter received

03-03-10 - Transferred to CSC (received in post 3-6)

03-10-10 - Biometrics appointment

04-08-10 - Touch

04-15-10 - Touch

04-16-10 - Touch

04-20-10 - Approved!

04-20-10 - Card production ordered

04-26-10 - GC received in mail (done with USCIS for almost two years!)

Removal of Conditions

03-23-12 - Mailed I-751

03-26-12 - NOA1

04-13-12 - Biometrics letter received

05-07-12 - Biometrics

10-10-12 - Approved!

10-10-12 - Card production ordered

10-12-12 - Card mailed

10-15-12 - Card received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
Finally an update. Sarah's interview is scheduled in London on October 21st at 9am! Found out in a state department call. The end is finally in sight!

i am so happy for you guys! we sent our forms into london the same day. i didnt get a chance to call dos today but i will tomorrow.

yaaay!

K1

Vermont Service Center / London Embassy

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-13

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-08-26

on 2009-9-30, dos was finally able to tell us that london processed our packet 3 forms

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-10-22

Medical Date : 2009-10-23

Interview Result : Approved! (received visa 13 days after interview because medical results were pending)

Ellie arrives at POE JFK (NY) : 2009-12-05

Timeline

OMG CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!!!! 6 weeks or so huh. SOOOOOOOO happy for you! See? There's light at the end of the tunnel!!!! Thats damn exiting!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Just got our NOA2 in just under 7 weeks! We didn't expect to get it so soon and had planned on a Sept 11 2010 wedding. Trying to figure out if we should try to get him in sooner and do a court wedding next spring or try to delay the NOA2...

In the meantime, ironically I've just spent the past week reading the first 20 (out of 32) pages of this thread. Tons of great info! Thanks for those who have contributed in the past and continue to do so : )

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.