MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
CR-1 interview on Tuesday, 28th at 0830hrs. Should I get there stupid early? Also, anyone know a cheap way to get train tickets, I'm looking at 60 quid return from Colchester!

we couldn't find any cheaper than that last year unless you have a young persons rail card and it takes a certain percent off, but you have to get your tickets on the day so no being able to save by booking online or anything :unsure: and you'd have to leave before 9am so no cheap day return option either, we left from braintree and got charged about 60 for both of us to go before 9am

as for being there early, we got there for our 8.30 app at around 7.50 fiddled around a bit and joined the queue around 8.15, and we were second on the non-immigrant visa list thing that looks like you've walked into an up-market Argos LOL, they say no more than 30mins before your app to be there but that early the line wasn't that long, nor was it at whatever time we got out of the embassy either

When we went for Pat's medical last week, we paid 68 quid each, for a round-trip Manchester - London on Virgin Trains. That's even leaving Manchester after rush hour and returning on an 8PM train. We could have reduced it by 20 if we opted for standard service both ways, but, instead we returned first class.. definitely a nice ride.

Happy St. George's Day to all the fiance(e)'s in England! Flag-St-George-LH.gif

Bob

Edited by Bob and Patricia

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy St George's day!!!!!

I am very happy that I can now officially join this thread. After a horrific day yesterday, I goosed my fiance into ringing NVC whilst I was on a call with him last night and....we have been released from NVC! After 36 days stuck on administrative processing... it was such a relief.

I happily await notification that London has my file!

As an aside! I am going to london in May for my medical and decided to look at how much the coaches cost. I managed to nail down a fun fare for myself and my mum who's coming with....for the grand total of....

£2 each...for a return! It takes longer than the train, but.....for that price i just couldnt turn the extra hour or so on the coach down. So if anyone is coming from the south west region, it is worth checking out National Express' fun fares. To fill in the time between the medical ending at about 2:30 ish and the coach at 6, we have decided to check out the natural history museum. It's free to go, and last time i went it was AMAZING.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

I am very happy that I can now officially join this thread. After a horrific day yesterday, I goosed my fiance into ringing NVC whilst I was on a call with him last night and....we have been released from NVC! After 36 days stuck on administrative processing... it was such a relief.

As an aside! I am going to london in May for my medical and decided to look at how much the coaches cost. I managed to nail down a fun fare for myself and my mum who's coming with....for the grand total of....

£2 each...for a return! It takes longer than the train, but.....for that price i just couldnt turn the extra hour or so on the coach down. So if anyone is coming from the south west region, it is worth checking out National Express' fun fares. To fill in the time between the medical ending at about 2:30 ish and the coach at 6, we have decided to check out the natural history museum. It's free to go, and last time i went it was AMAZING.

Oh I am so happy for you! Finally out of NVC! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Now the rest of the process should be very smooth, the US Embassy in London is GREAT in terms of communication.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline

Welcome to the group, there's some great info passed around in here. And Happy St Georges day!

Bob and Pat

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Oh my god! I am soooo happy for you! Congrats!!!!

Thanks laura819. Did you hear about your interview date yet?

Oh no..he hasn't sent packet 3 back yet. I think he is doing it tomorrow. So I am sure we won't hear atleast for a few weeks if not longer.

Strangely, I had to resubmit my packet 3 as I did it wrong and missed out two forms (the important ones!)

I sent packet 3 off again with a next day delivery. The next day they told me my interview date was the 1st May. That was on the 20th April! I will keep my fingers crossed that you will get your interview date very soon! also that it is as quick as mine was!

What forms were those? Now I am scared! How did they inform you of your interview?

It was the DS156, 157 and 156k that I missed (silly really as they are right at the top of the page!)

I actually got informed of my interview when I rang them up. I called them as soon as I sent the packet and then the day after to see if they got it. I suggest you do the same every day until they have your date :-)

good luck!

Oh no..he hasn't sent packet 3 back yet. I think he is doing it tomorrow. So I am sure we won't hear atleast for a few weeks if not longer.

Strangely, I had to resubmit my packet 3 as I did it wrong and missed out two forms (the important ones!)

I sent packet 3 off again with a next day delivery. The next day they told me my interview date was the 1st May. That was on the 20th April! I will keep my fingers crossed that you will get your interview date very soon! also that it is as quick as mine was!

What forms were those? Now I am scared! How did they inform you of your interview?

It was the DS156, 157 and 156k that I missed (silly really as they are right at the top of the page!)

I actually got informed of my interview when I rang them up. I called them as soon as I sent the packet and then the day after to see if they got it. I suggest you do the same every day until they have your date :-)

good luck!

Its just DS-230 Part 1, DS 156, DS156K, and DS 157, and the IV -15 checklist that we send, right?

Did you call the embassy, or DOS? I'm the USC so I am tempted to start calling DOS everyday lol but I might wait a bit first?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

good luck!

Its just DS-230 Part 1, DS 156, DS156K, and DS 157, and the IV -15 checklist that we send, right?

Did you call the embassy, or DOS? I'm the USC so I am tempted to start calling DOS everyday lol but I might wait a bit first?

That is exactly what I sent the second time round and I got my interview :dance:

and call DOS at least once in the next couple of days, they will at the very least, be able to confirm they have received packet 3

Happy St.George's Day!!

Congrats in getting out of jail :star: I hope you receive your packet 3 soon.

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Happy St George's Day! Rang up the State Department today and they said our Packet 3 was sent from London on Tuesday. As of yet though I have not received it, what class are the letters from the Embassy sent under?

It has also been over two weeks since I sent off for the Police Certificate and that has still not arrived. All I know is my cheque for the service was cashed on the 20th April (Monday).

Maybe I'll get two letters through the door tomorrow *crosses fingers*

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Happy St George's Day! Rang up the State Department today and they said our Packet 3 was sent from London on Tuesday. As of yet though I have not received it, what class are the letters from the Embassy sent under?

It has also been over two weeks since I sent off for the Police Certificate and that has still not arrived. All I know is my cheque for the service was cashed on the 20th April (Monday).

I'm sure they'll be here soon - the USEM send things 2nd class so it does take a bit longer. My police certificate took about 3 weeks if i remember correctly and it took a while for the cheque to be cashed too. No need to worry yet!

Nik says his check was cashed on the 14th, and the police cert arrived just this morning. (so 9 days - only 1 weekend)I can't remember when he actually sent it in, but I thought it might have been before Easter...Probably no good to quote you on the total time anyway with THAT wrench thrown in!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I just called DOS...they haven't recieved Packet 3 yet. They were supposed to get it by today at 11, according to Sven.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to put it in the computer? I'm not worried YET, but i want to know in a timely manner whether they have it or lost it lol.

It can take several days (or more) for P3 to get inputted into the system. Nothing to worry about, it's par for the course. I wouldn't start hassling anybody about it until a couple of weeks have gone by.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline
I just called DOS...they haven't recieved Packet 3 yet. They were supposed to get it by today at 11, according to Sven.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to put it in the computer? I'm not worried YET, but i want to know in a timely manner whether they have it or lost it lol.

We returned our packet 3 on the 11th (12 days ago). I just called the DOS and they said Pat is approved for an interview but they have not set a date yet. 2 days ago when I called, they couldn't tell me anything except that her packet 3 did arrive.

Just another data point.. your mileage may vary.

Bob

Edited by Bob and Patricia

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

It can take several days (or more) for P3 to get inputted into the system. Nothing to worry about, it's par for the course. I wouldn't start hassling anybody about it until a couple of weeks have gone by.

Thats what I figured.

I won't be calling again for like 2 weeks. We are just hoping for a really quick interview date, and we want to know what date they give us as soon as possible to prepare..not that thats different from anyone else here.

It's just nice to see what other people have experienced :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.