jordanzs

Received NOA2 a few weeks ago, and now the Jakarta embassy has recieved the approved I-129F petition

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

It's been a little while since I posted on here, mainly because we've been just been playing the waiting game.

Well, a few weeks ago, I got the NOA2 in the mail. My petition for Syelvia got approved!

I got the letter from the NVC with the case number on it.

I received an email from the US Embassy in Jakarta letting me know that they received the approved petition, and they sent me a bunch of attachments. It looks like the only one that I fill out is the affidavit of support. The rest is for Syelvia to fill out.

Knock on wood, but so far this process has been painless. Thanks to everyone here for all the advice upfront when I sent in for the petition a few months ago.

Now for some questions:

1) For proving assets on the I-134, can I use my IRA rollover? I have money sitting there in cash. Not sure if there's any stipulations for that, since the money is there and can be withdrawed if needed for hardship.

2) In 2007, I worked as a w2'd loan officer for the 1st half of the year, then as a self employed mortgage broker for the 2nd half of the year. I'm assuming that when I claim my annual salary, I can use both of those, and just add my w2 income to my 1099 schedule C net profit, and call that my annual salary. Does that sound right?

3) I've heard people mention showing proof of ongoing relationship, but I haven't seen any documentation that we're getting popped to provide anything. Is that something I still have to furnish, or would that have come up already, if I didn't make a strong enough case in the initial packet? Not worried about anything, and she'll nail the interview, but I'd definitely like to take the path of least resistance & handle anything before it comes up.

Thanks for all the advice!

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

It took 2 months to get the NOA2 from when USCIS received the packet. I was surprised, as I was expecting it to take much longer.

We met another VJ member who coincidentally submitted their packet on the same day that I did, and they also got their NOA2 on basically the same day that I did.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It took 2 months to get the NOA2 from when USCIS received the packet. I was surprised, as I was expecting it to take much longer.

We met another VJ member who coincidentally submitted their packet on the same day that I did, and they also got their NOA2 on basically the same day that I did.

:time:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

It's been a little while since I posted on here, mainly because we've been just been playing the waiting game.

Well, a few weeks ago, I got the NOA2 in the mail. My petition for Syelvia got approved!

I got the letter from the NVC with the case number on it.

I received an email from the US Embassy in Jakarta letting me know that they received the approved petition, and they sent me a bunch of attachments. It looks like the only one that I fill out is the affidavit of support. The rest is for Syelvia to fill out.

Knock on wood, but so far this process has been painless. Thanks to everyone here for all the advice upfront when I sent in for the petition a few months ago.

Now for some questions:

1) For proving assets on the I-134, can I use my IRA rollover? I have money sitting there in cash. Not sure if there's any stipulations for that, since the money is there and can be withdrawed if needed for hardship.

2) In 2007, I worked as a w2'd loan officer for the 1st half of the year, then as a self employed mortgage broker for the 2nd half of the year. I'm assuming that when I claim my annual salary, I can use both of those, and just add my w2 income to my 1099 schedule C net profit, and call that my annual salary. Does that sound right?

3) I've heard people mention showing proof of ongoing relationship, but I haven't seen any documentation that we're getting popped to provide anything. Is that something I still have to furnish, or would that have come up already, if I didn't make a strong enough case in the initial packet? Not worried about anything, and she'll nail the interview, but I'd definitely like to take the path of least resistance & handle anything before it comes up.

Thanks for all the advice!

On item 2, that should be sufficient, provided that it exceeds the poverty line of income, which I am certain you are cognizant of.

On item 3, you will definitely need to provide proof of the ongoing relationship. This is standard procedure at most, if not all Embassies/Consulates.

Typical evidence will suffice, such as: Airline tickets, phone records, e-mail or chat logs and so forth. Obviously, she will need to understand and be capable of relaying personal information about you to include:, where you work, live, what car you drive and so forth. Questions vary by Consular Officer, but you get the idea.

Overall, Jakarta interviews/visa processing is a semi-painless exercise, if your case is tight.

All the best,

William.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving from K-1 to:

US Embassy and Consulate General Discussion

You are almost there and now you have to deal with the embassy. This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.