3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Yes They do deny the WAVA if there are not enough proof. In my case I had almost denial letter because I wrote a statement notorized but didnot attached proofs. I received letter from USCIS stating that statement did nor corrobrote the claim. USCIS wrote me back point by point and claimed that there is not enough evidence and at the last paragraph they ask me specific evidence in such a form. They even said that school records are looks to them was not issued from school official, I had to go back to school and got stamped.

I replied all back with all the evidence and then only I got approval.

I thought Its only me because I am male, but I read decision on the USCIS websites, lots of denial. I will gether more evidence and prepare for next RFE if I were you. Your attorney may have negative thought about approval but you should look for more evidence, like letter from friends and relatives who knows that you were married and your claim evidence.

Edited by Pascal

May 26th, 2009 : WAVA filed.

June 1st, 2009 : RFE issued Good moral: replied june 15th 2009

July,17 2009 : Prima facie approvel received.renewed again march 3, 2010

February 2, 2010 :I-765 filed, : denied

August 12,2010 :RFE issued on WAVA, more evidence needed.

sept 3rd 2010 : I-765 filed again. 9/15/2010:Filing receipt received.

Sept 15,2010 : REF answered with all evidences.9/17/2010:RFE recvd by USCIS.

Sept 19, 2010 : I 765 approved.

Sept 19,2010 : I360 touched. status changed to RFE Under review.

sept 20th 2010 : I 765 card production ordered, No Biometric, no picture etc.

sept 21 2010 : I 765 touched, still card in production.

Sept 22,2010 : I-765 touched, Card in production.

Sept 23, 2010 : I765, touched, Approval letter mailed. Card approved (???)

Sept 24,2010 : I 765 touched again. No change???

Sept 27, 2010 : EAD received.

october 3, 2010 : old expired EAD from last year touched (#######?)

October 5, 2010 : I 360 touched.

October 12,2010 : I 360 touched. Acceptance letter issued.???

Oct 13, 2010 : court date with IJ. I,m my own lawyer.

oct 13, 2010 : I 360 touched.

oct 14th2010 : I 360 touched

oct 15 2010 : I 360 touched.

OCt 20,1020 : I 360 approved.letter received.

oct 25 2010 : I 360 touched.

april 20 2011 : court date. I,m my own lawyer.I expedited my date: filed I 485, new date January 9th 2011, case terminated.

may 9th 2011 : I 485 interview.

MAy 25th 2011 : Card production ordered.

Thank you for the idea pascal I just missed to give my divorce letter from the court that show it was dropped because my exhusband did not take care of it after I signed the divorced papers that thought its going to be fine cause his will take care of it. And by that forcing me to signed so that he would send me back to my country. and a letter from myfriends and relatives. I do hope they will send me another RFE.I couldn't stop crying and worrying about everythin what I've been thru. And I'm not having a job yet keep searching. I can't stop thinking what's gonna happen next. I don't know how to survive of this country.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for the idea pascal I just missed to give my divorce letter from the court that show it was dropped because my exhusband did not take care of it after I signed the divorced papers that thought its going to be fine cause his will take care of it. And by that forcing me to signed so that he would send me back to my country. and a letter from myfriends and relatives. I do hope they will send me another RFE.I couldn't stop crying and worrying about everythin what I've been thru. And I'm not having a job yet keep searching. I can't stop thinking what's gonna happen next. I don't know how to survive of this country.

ashleyblack: This is a tough boat to be on. You will be fine so keep up.

Hey Ashley, I'm somewhat in the same position like you. USCIS asked me for a RFE for good faith. However, me and my husband did not have a lot of assests or bills together because he was a lazy ####. My lawyer helped me to write a rebuttal statement explaining my living conditions with my husband. Up to now I haven't heard anything since April. My case is going into a year and I don't know what to do. it got tpouched in Sept but I still haven't gotten a decision. I wish u all the best and I'm praying for the misery to end. God bless you all.

Filed Vawa(I360), I485, I131, I765: November 30, 2009

Receipts recieved: Dec 2, 2009

Recieved Prima Facie: December 8,2009

I360 Touched: December 9, 2009

When immigration ask for RFE I made another 5pages afiidavidats and ihave a bruise left side in my legs. And I tried to ask my friends to make an affidavits I couldn't ask bc their all busy workin. I have my mom statement but my lawyer didn't include bc she couldn't get a translation to it.

I am scared if uscis deny the vawa.

Well, I got letters from 2 of my husband friends and 1 from another friend of mine. I just don't understand why they taking so long to get back to me. What do u guys think????

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

Well, I got letters from 2 of my husband friends and 1 from another friend of mine. I just don't understand why they taking so long to get back to me. What do u guys think????

From looking around, Immigration does not like lawyers simply re-butting their questions. Just give them what they want, even if it is 100 pages of affidavits.

I think good faith is not hard to prove: I did it without having a single shared asset except a shared lease (proof of living together and good faith).

Try rewriting your affidavit to create a clear picture of ur-rship. This includes your dating, details of happenings, one particular thing u two did that stands out (u know how love goes), how your family was involved, did they know, who else knew, photos, hotels you went to (any receipts), places you visited, any talk of starting family, what did he say, did he want to visit your country, how did you prepare?

All these things show that you two had a plan of living together. A person simply trying to get a GC is not going to the trouble of meeting relatives in some country, planning, talking kids.

Wedding photos: the people who attended is testimony of good faith too. You are not going to invite people you respect to a sham wedding.

Did you lease anything together, buy anything together..blabla.

In absense of shared property, what you did together (in courstship and after) plays a big role in showing that u wanted to be married for life.

Hope it helps n good luck.

06/25/2009-Filed for VAWA

06/30/2009-Prima Facie Determination 180 days

11/06/2009-Changed Address online

11/13/2009-Touched

12/15/2009-Touched

12/16/2009-Prima facie renewed for 180 days.

12/23/2009-Touched

01/21/2009-Approved

02/18/2010-Applied for AOS/I-765 EXPRESS MAIL to Chicago

02/26/2010-NOA Receipt

03/01/2010-Touched

03/08/2010-Biometrics notice received

03/10/2010-Walk in Biometrics done.

03/10/2010-Touched

03/11/2010-Touched

03/29/2010-EAD card ordered

04/02/2010-EAD arrives. Employment begins.

03/30/2010-Interview Notice for 05/05/2010.

05/05/2010-Interview completed. Card ordered.

05/08/2010-Welcome letter received.

05/12/2010-Card ordered-Again!!

06/04/2010-Card Arrives in mail. PR since 05/05/2010-Interview date.

My first affidavit was detailed with information about me and my husband meetings, times when he picked up my son from school, my wedding pics, valentines day pics, etc......I don't know what else to do even though I haven't heard anything since April from USCIS.......I don't know if they want something else or its a denial. I'm a couple weeks, it will be a year since I file Vawa. I'm soooo depressed with this situation.

Filed: Other Timeline

My first affidavit was detailed with information about me and my husband meetings, times when he picked up my son from school, my wedding pics, valentines day pics, etc......I don't know what else to do even though I haven't heard anything since April from USCIS.......I don't know if they want something else or its a denial. I'm a couple weeks, it will be a year since I file Vawa. I'm soooo depressed with this situation.

Hi Kymber22, I understand how frustrating this journey is...but what can I say, we all have to just wait and pray.

Have you tried contacting them to let them know that your case is outside the processing time?

Hang in there and goodluck.

And to everyone else, who is waiting for a decision like me, I'm wishing us all a speedy approval. God can do anything.

Yea if is these denial for me its a second time they're going to denied my petition I had I applid applied before without atty now I atty but missing some documents because I couldn't get any documents it because I am so down I don't have a job I don't have even pennie to get on the bus to go my appointment it is very difficult and u hard when u r alone in a one country with nobody.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I have a question guys, in your experience how many months before they gonna request for further evidence? currently i just receive noa and prima facie

in general USCIS will issue RFE in the first 10 month but me and other tow member her got RFE after 17 month .USCIS adjudication officer uses RFEs to request additional information on the pending application under any of the following circumstances: (1) Something is not clear in a case that you have filed; (2) If there is a document missing; (3) the officer needs updated information on your case; (4) the RFE notice was issued by mistake or in error; (5) the RFE letter was issued for any other reasons the adjudication officer likes.

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.