3,045 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just called USCIS I asked them my receipt number for my I-765 and I-485 they told me they cant give any information for my case .

And told me to make an appointment at my local USCIS to get my receipt number ..

Lostin how did you get ur receipt number from ur I-765 ,I-485 ?

who has the same issue of me .. anyone ?

Hi ashley, after you have filed the applications, uscis will send you a Notice of Action, your receipt # will be there as well as the receipt and/ or priority date. I suggest that you sign up for Case Status Online, that way, you can check yourself anytime you want and if there are any decisions made, you will be sent an e-mail.

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

I am in tears...tears of Joy. There was a time I thought I was gonna die.

My case Was approved today. No lawyer, no nothing. Just like that, after 6 months.

God does exist indeed. Even when I doubted him and cursed..he has seen me thru.

Thanks you God.

I hope that your approvals get here soon my sisters and brothers. All the best.

Post-Decision Activity

On January 21, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I360 PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOWER, OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Edited by MulanJohns

06/25/2009-Filed for VAWA

06/30/2009-Prima Facie Determination 180 days

11/06/2009-Changed Address online

11/13/2009-Touched

12/15/2009-Touched

12/16/2009-Prima facie renewed for 180 days.

12/23/2009-Touched

01/21/2009-Approved

02/18/2010-Applied for AOS/I-765 EXPRESS MAIL to Chicago

02/26/2010-NOA Receipt

03/01/2010-Touched

03/08/2010-Biometrics notice received

03/10/2010-Walk in Biometrics done.

03/10/2010-Touched

03/11/2010-Touched

03/29/2010-EAD card ordered

04/02/2010-EAD arrives. Employment begins.

03/30/2010-Interview Notice for 05/05/2010.

05/05/2010-Interview completed. Card ordered.

05/08/2010-Welcome letter received.

05/12/2010-Card ordered-Again!!

06/04/2010-Card Arrives in mail. PR since 05/05/2010-Interview date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

'MulanJohns' wow

Congratulations to you for the new approvals im happey for you :thumbs: and Good Luck to those next in line.

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Hi ashley, after you have filed the applications, uscis will send you a Notice of Action, your receipt # will be there as well as the receipt and/ or priority date. I suggest that you sign up for Case Status Online, that way, you can check yourself anytime you want and if there are any decisions made, you will be sent an e-mail.

Thank you Bubbles I signed up for the case online ...

thank you for the quick responce..

ashley

MulanJohns, congratulations, I know the feeling of a big load being lifted from your shoulders.

This is the beginning of good things happening to you.

By the way, LostinNJ, I have a tip for you for your upcoming interview. My lawyer said when she prepared me; try to be brief in answering the interviewer's questions. Don't elaborate or volunteer any information. If the question only requires a yes or no answer, just say so. And if you are not sure, say "I don't know or I don't remember".

I'm so excited for you, let us know ASAP, ok?

I got another e-mail, the "the welcome package for the new permanent resident has been mailed".

I can't wait to see it.

Timeline

@Yahya-Thanks. I pray that you are next.

@Ashley-U are in my prayers

@Bubbles-Thanks.

The funny thing is that I was planning to send a written request for an expedite today. I called the USCIS customer care on 01/12 and requested for an expedite, but then I received the normal computer generated letter of "not denying" or "accepting" that the case exists. That they needed my signature to consider the request.

Yesterday I sat down for an hour working on a written request, called around for more evidence, then something told me to check my email before logging off, and bam, am approved.

They even sent a text message. I pray that you all get the miracle I had. Be strong.

11/13/2009-Touched

12/15/2009-Touched

12/23/2009-Touched

01/21/2009-Approved

02/26/2010-NOA Receipt

03/01/2010-Touched

03/10/2010-Touched

03/11/2010-Touched

Timeline
Hello everyone, have been reading the forum for a while and finally decided to type few words. first of all, the ones who waiting big -HANG IN there:))) the ones who already at the end of journey-big HAPPY FOR YOU there:)))))

anyway, i am also waiting apart from my child who got the approval today HOORAYY:)

My situation is a lil complicated due to the last rfe i received. they need a police clearace from my own country which is almost impossible to get for that time limit they gave me, plus i have to travel from FL to Washington to apply for it, which means LOTTA MONEY to be spend on flights( me and my son, cant leave him alone hes only 5) hotel, taxis and bla bla bla.... what to do? the fact is that i provided that police certificate in december 2008 in the interview for my fiancee visa in my country, i brought that whole immigration package to the USA and gave it to the officer in the Chicago airport:(((

so, i really dont know what to do, no extra money to fly anywhere, my relatives in my country cant get that document without power-of-attorney either. so i am stuck:( i never been convicted, never even been to the police stations LOL

i sent them the letters from ppl who know me and the FL police clearance but they said it is not enough:(

im just curious what u guys think? if i send an explanation letter stating that i have no funds to get what they need and bla bla bla, is it possible they deny the application coz of that?:(((((((((((((((

sorry if my post is a lil confusing:)))

:dance::dance::dance:

Congrats!

Wow! u must be my twin. We applied the same date and got approved the same date. All the best dear.

11/13/2009-Touched

12/15/2009-Touched

12/23/2009-Touched

01/21/2009-Approved

02/26/2010-NOA Receipt

03/01/2010-Touched

03/10/2010-Touched

03/11/2010-Touched

LostinNJ, good luck on your interview tomorrow. Be strong. Keep us posted, ok?

Thank you so much for your support, I will let u know how it go...

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

Hi everyone, I had my interview today. I arrived at 8.00am, my interview was scheduled for 9.00am. There was a long line to get into the building, I stood in the line for about 20 mins. Once I got to the 13th Floor, I handed in my interview notice, the lady was very nice and told me to have a seat and they would call my name. I sat for about 20 mins before I got called, I was the 3rd person to be called for my interview. The officer walked me to her cubical and swore me in. She then asked me for my passport, she asked me to verify my full name and date of birth. Then she asked for my I-94 card, I told her my attorney lost it but I had a copy and handed it to her. She asked what was my mother and father's first name. Then she asked me the no questions. She asked when was the last time I spoke to my spouse, and asked if we were divorced, I told her no, she said why is there a divorce decree in the file, so I told her its from my spouse's prior marriage, then she apologized. She gave me back my passport and said I should receive the green card in 2 to 3 weeks. Overall the interview lasted about 10 mins or less. I'm so happy this journey is over. Thank you everyone on this forum for your support, EWTN, Bubbles, yayah, ghanamade, honest, ghanaba,Niagara, gabriela, NAROCKS, Koshkamoshka, Jasmine and everyone else. Thanks a million...

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

Filed: Other Timeline

Congrats!!!!

So happy for you!!!

Hi everyone, I had my interview today. I arrived at 8.00am, my interview was scheduled for 9.00am. There was a long line to get into the building, I stood in the line for about 20 mins. Once I got to the 13th Floor, I handed in my interview notice, the lady was very nice and told me to have a seat and they would call my name. I sat for about 20 mins before I got called, I was the 3rd person to be called for my interview. The officer walked me to her cubical and swore me in. She then asked me for my passport, she asked me to verify my full name and date of birth. Then she asked for my I-94 card, I told her my attorney lost it but I had a copy and handed it to her. She asked what was my mother and father's first name. Then she asked me the no questions. She asked when was the last time I spoke to my spouse, and asked if we were divorced, I told her no, she said why is there a divorce decree in the file, so I told her its from my spouse's prior marriage, then she apologized. She gave me back my passport and said I should receive the green card in 2 to 3 weeks. Overall the interview lasted about 10 mins or less. I'm so happy this journey is over. Thank you everyone on this forum for your support, EWTN, Bubbles, yayah, ghanamade, honest, ghanaba,Niagara, gabriela, NAROCKS, Koshkamoshka, Jasmine and everyone else. Thanks a million...

Lostin NJ, (F)

All is over now! Congrats!!! very happy for you, I know all you went through but finally it worth it, I'm sure you became a better person!! now enjoy your new life!!

Your friend forever,

Gabriela

Edited by gabriela525

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.