3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi 3bvsla,

I think the best answer for your question should be come from those who got approved their case already. Mine is still pending, got 1 prima facie as of today and no RFE so far. But if it helps I'll throw out what I sent:

Photos of engagement date, pics of our dates with friends and family members before we got married, letters and greeting cards from family and friends on our weeding day; letters, emails, greeting cards from him, pics of our weeding day, bank statement of our joint account. Copy of car/medical insurance / utilities / bills / receipts under both names and address, letter from our biblical marriage counselor, pics of our honeymoon.

That's what my lawyer sent. I don't know if it's enough for them, like I said my case has not been approved nor requested for additional evidence yet. I really hope that someone gives you a hand with it and you send what immigration wants to see/receive.

What did you guys send to prove that marriage was in a good faith??

They found my prooves insufficient AGAIN. I have til November 12 to reply with solid evidences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hallo every body . im just have aqustion my firest prima facie expier 40 days ago and we sent request for updat 3 weeks ago alone with more and new evident but i never heard back from VSC last time i chake it was touch 8\18\2009 so is that normail or they should sent 2nd prima faci

i ask my attorney and he say that i need to relax and be paetion and we cant do any thing but wating , ifile my vawa last november .i got prima facie after they RFE good moreal

any body have any suggestions?

thanks

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

:star: SUGGESTION :star: : If prima facie letter you have on hand says that you should request another one 15 days before expires, go ahead and request one. That's my opinion. I have read some postings here from people that sent out request for extension of prima facie and few weeks later got their approval (not because you send the request, because they keep tracking on your case).

hallo every body . im just have aqustion my firest prima facie expier 40 days ago and we sent request for updat 3 weeks ago alone with more and new evident but i never heard back from VSC last time i chake it was touch 8\18\2009 so is that normail or they should sent 2nd prima faci

i ask my attorney and he say that i need to relax and be paetion and we cant do any thing but wating , ifile my vawa last november .i got prima facie after they RFE good moreal

any body have any suggestions?

thanks

Edited by EWTN2009

Hi 3bvsla,

For proof of a good faith marriage I sent utility bills, car insurance, life insurance, bank statements, credit card statements, statements from friends and family, tenancy agreement and wedding notices.

Ghanamade or anyone, do we pay the fee for the I-864W?

I360

June 18 2008 - I360 filed

June 27 2008 - Prima facie determination sent

April 22 2009 - RFE received

June 31 2009 - Requested documents sent out

July 8 2009 - Documents received and case work resumed

July 13, 16 & 17 2009 - touched

July 30 2009 - Approved!!!!!!

AOS

Sept 3 2009 - Filed I485, I765, I131 by USPS express

Sept 4 2009 - Application delivered

Sept 21 2009 - NOA for all applications received

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics notice received; Appointment date (Oct 20 2009)

Oct 8 2009 - I 131 application approved

Oct 20 2009- Biometrics Completed

Oct 20 2009 - (I765) Card Production Ordered

Oct 29 2009 - Received EAD

Oct 30 2009 - Received notice of interview date (Dec 7th 2009)

Dec 7 2009 - Interview completed

Dec 9 2009 - Card production Ordered!

Dec 12 2009 - Welcome Letter Received

Dec 19 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Mona_lisa (F)

Self-petitioners who qualify as immediate relatives of U.S. citizens (spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21) do not have to wait for an immigrant visa number to become available. you can send your AOS to Chicago

I-485

G-325A

I-864W Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption

I-765 ------> option C(9)

Medical Exam --->you need to pay to have this done

you need to send all together with a check $930 plus a biometrics fee of $80; the fee total is $1,010

Best wishes for you!! :)

Gabriela

Hi 3bvsla,

For proof of a good faith marriage I sent utility bills, car insurance, life insurance, bank statements, credit card statements, statements from friends and family, tenancy agreement and wedding notices.

Thanks Gabriela

I360

June 18 2008 - I360 filed

June 27 2008 - Prima facie determination sent

April 22 2009 - RFE received

June 31 2009 - Requested documents sent out

July 8 2009 - Documents received and case work resumed

July 13, 16 & 17 2009 - touched

July 30 2009 - Approved!!!!!!

AOS

Sept 3 2009 - Filed I485, I765, I131 by USPS express

Sept 4 2009 - Application delivered

Sept 21 2009 - NOA for all applications received

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics notice received; Appointment date (Oct 20 2009)

Oct 8 2009 - I 131 application approved

Oct 20 2009- Biometrics Completed

Oct 20 2009 - (I765) Card Production Ordered

Oct 29 2009 - Received EAD

Oct 30 2009 - Received notice of interview date (Dec 7th 2009)

Dec 7 2009 - Interview completed

Dec 9 2009 - Card production Ordered!

Dec 12 2009 - Welcome Letter Received

Dec 19 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hi 3bvsla,

no there is no fee for i-864w

08/09/2009 AOS APPROVED!!!

N400
2/7/2013 MAILED PACKAGE EXPRESS
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
2/24/2013 BIOMETRICS COMPLETED
2/27/2013 PLACED IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW
04/18/2013 INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

I am now a US CITIZEN!! THANK YOU JESUS!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey you guys, I've filed VAWA first of January 09 based on mental/emotional extreme cruelty and right after filing I've got my Prima Facie and it was expired July 12, 09. So my lawyer has written a letter to USCIS just to check the status on my existing I-360. Right after mail she sent out they've requested for additional evidences (RFE). So far everything seems okay but when I've got the mail I've seen that their asking the same documents that we've already submitted when we first filed. Such as reports and affidavits from family/friends and psychiatrist.

So now I'm wondering if they've lost my file or they haven't even reviewed my file at all. My lawyer says we have to get a couple more affidavits from my friends and new declaration from me and maybe a new report from my psychiatrist (I don't know what else she can say in your new report top of what she've already said). My lawyer wanna charge me $400 for this work top of what I've already paid $2000 to her. So I'm waiting for your comments what's going on here :help: ???

04/19/2013 - Married to my U.S.Citizen wife

04/26/2013 - Mailed forms I-130, I-765 and I-485, received by USCIS 04/29/2013

05/06/2013 - Received NOA's for all three forms; all dated 05/01/2013

05/10/2013 - Received Biometrics appointment for 06/03/2013

05/22/2013 - Biometrics taken walk-in

05/21/2013 - Request for evidence (supporting docs for I-864, obtained a joint sponsor)

06/12/2013 - Response to request for evidence received

06/19/2013 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

06/26/2013 - Received an e-mail AOS interview date is 07/29/2013

06/28/2013 - NOA for interview date and time received in mail

07/29/2013 - ***I-485 INTERVIEW*** @12:15

08/05/2013- EAD Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

i dont thing they lost it . that normal when i file min back in november the ask for FRE (good morel )and i wes alreday have report for that with i360 . so i sent a diffrent one alone with old on on recored .money come and go if she just aske for 400$ you dont have no choice. try to sent more affidavet form you and familly member and friend and take your time to do agood job

take care

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Hi 3bvsla,

Mona_lisa:

Evidence that marriage was in Good Faith

* Marriage certificate, marriage license, etc.

* Birth certificates for children born for you & your spouse

* Wedding photos

* Letters indicating name change, or lettering indication spouse as an emergency contact

* Identification with married name

* Letters from family and friends stating knowledge of marriage

* Applications under married name

* Titles of common property (cars, house, Apartment lease etc.)

* Letters/email beteween both of you

* Evidence of vacations spent together

* Receipts of large purchases together (refrigerator, house, care, furniture)

Timeline

USCIS Update: USCIS Issues Guidance for Surviving Spouses of U.S. Citizens

Deferred Action Authorized for Certain Spouses and Children

USCIS Provides Interim Deferred Action Relief For Surviving Spouses

Relief for Spouses of Deceased U.S. Citizens Married Less Than Two Years

WASHINGTON - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today issued guidance on requesting deferred action for surviving spouses of U.S. citizens who died before the second anniversary of their marriage. Surviving spouses qualify for this temporary program if they were married to, but not legally separated from, their U.S. citizen spouse at the time of that spouse's death; did not remarry; and are currently residing in the United States.

Surviving spouses qualify for deferred action regardless of whether the U.S. citizen spouse filed a Form I-130 petition for them. Surviving spouses may ask to have their qualifying children included in their deferred action request. To be considered a "qualifying child" of a surviving spouse, the child must be younger than age 21 or otherwise qualify as a child when the deferred action request is submitted; currently reside in the United States; and be unmarried.

USCIS has revised the instructions to the Forms I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and I-131, Application for Travel Document, as they relate to this temporary new program.

Surviving spouses who apply for deferred action will need to file Form I-360 with supporting documentation and the $375 filing fee with the Vermont Service Center.

Work authorization will be available to surviving spouses and qualifying children who are granted deferred action and who can establish economic necessity. Form I-765 is used for this purpose (separate applications are required for each person seeking work authorization).

Travel authorization will also be available to surviving spouses and qualified children granted deferred action under this program.

USCIS has posted on the Web, an accompanying list of questions and answers and a fact sheet about this program. For additional information about this and other immigration services, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283, or visit our homepage.

For more Q & A: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Timeline
Hello Everyone! :)

We're kind of quite lately.... Any updates? RFE? Approvals? from your side guys? :secret:

From my end: NOTHING, nada, no touches, no letters... :blush:

Nothing, its frustrating its been 15 months now....

Nothing From my side too. My case is close to 6 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.