HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
any one shop at this place on the internet for Thai food and supplies ?

templeofthai

Not yet. I would like to know this as well...

How many Nan's do we have in this thread?

I haven't thought about how to get Thai food (because she isn't in NY yet)

but I'm lucky to have sriracha sauce at the cafeteria where I work.

If often put it on anything I get - ham & eggs, chiken, shrunken heads... :innocent:

It's a staple there and very popular.

They go through about a half dozen bottles a day.

You'd be amazed at the availability of thai food. Try any local chinese grocer. I think based on what's near me, I can make do with one 90 minute trip every few months for 25-50 pounds of rice and the 20 min trip to the chinese grocer that has the fish sauces and chilis. look for all the ethnic grocers...stuff we normally avoid. A friend of mine has an India wife and he clued me in to some of the mini grocers that have the spicy booty and swag.

We're packing her bamboo stuff and mortar and pestle but even they're available at some of the asian markets. most cities have a chinatown which is sort of close.

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Dude! You got married! :thumbs: Congrats to you and Kat, now you guys are official! Awesome, Ray! :D

Guilty, as charged. Thanks for the congrats! Now, only 2 receptions left to plan (1 in Chicago & 1 in Thailand).

We just got our email that our Card Production was ordered. No more paperwork or worries for 2 Years!!

A nice USCIS-free vacation for you and your wife, eh? :thumbs:

Congrats on the marriage. Now get your AOS paperwork in and get it out of your way :) I had most of the AOS paperwork complete before we got back from Thailand.

Is there anything you can think of I can do while we're here to save a little baht? Translating, civil surgeon anything...? I haven't checked into the aos stuff at all but once stateside I dont want to regret blowing big bucks for something I can do here for a few baht since my income screetched to a halt till i get a job

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Dude! You got married! :thumbs: Congrats to you and Kat, now you guys are official! Awesome, Ray! :D

Guilty, as charged. Thanks for the congrats! Now, only 2 receptions left to plan (1 in Chicago & 1 in Thailand).

We just got our email that our Card Production was ordered. No more paperwork or worries for 2 Years!!

Congrats on the marriage. Now get your AOS paperwork in and get it out of your way :) I had most of the AOS paperwork complete before we got back from Thailand.

Is there anything you can think of I can do while we're here to save a little baht? Translating, civil surgeon anything...? I haven't checked into the aos stuff at all but once stateside I dont want to regret blowing big bucks for something I can do here for a few baht since my income screetched to a halt till i get a job

Make sure she has a legit birth certificate. The consulate in Thailand will accept just about anything, USCIS is not so forgiving. The immunizations are cheaper in Thailand. Translations as well.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

The only thing I would recommend is finishing the vaccines in Thailand, they will be cheaper. You will still need to get the DS2035 transferred to the I693, but you can do that through Dr. Arnold (Info in the AOS Forum). I had a CS here in Vegas transfer my Vaccinations for free.

I had all my paperwork filled out and ready to go, except for the questions we had to answer when we got here (Wedding Date, etc). You should have everything translated already, so just make sure to get acopy of your packet from the lawyer, and you should be good to go.

Edited by AaronLV

Triple check on the birth certificate. That seems to be a big issue with AOS from Thailand. It should be much easier to sort out while there. I am still not sure that what my DIL has is adequate. I'm sure the USCIS will let us know soon enough if it isn't. The Embassy ended up keeping the original of what she took to her interview, leaving her with the photo copy in her file. It was supposed to be the other way around. Perhaps it will show up at the AOS interview and she can ask for it back.

-Thai Mom

any one shop at this place on the internet for Thai food and supplies ?

templeofthai

Not yet. I would like to know this as well...

How many Nan's do we have in this thread?

I haven't thought about how to get Thai food (because she isn't in NY yet)

but I'm lucky to have sriracha sauce at the cafeteria where I work.

If often put it on anything I get - ham & eggs, chiken, shrunken heads... :innocent:

It's a staple there and very popular.

They go through about a half dozen bottles a day.

You'd be amazed at the availability of thai food. Try any local chinese grocer. I think based on what's near me, I can make do with one 90 minute trip every few months for 25-50 pounds of rice and the 20 min trip to the chinese grocer that has the fish sauces and chilis. look for all the ethnic grocers...stuff we normally avoid. A friend of mine has an India wife and he clued me in to some of the mini grocers that have the spicy booty and swag.

We're packing her bamboo stuff and mortar and pestle but even they're available at some of the asian markets. most cities have a chinatown which is sort of close.

Korp khun krap, khun Hyena,

I'm in the NY area so at some point I'll be scouting out the local Japanese, Chinese & Korean shops.

We are ready to file the I-129F as soon as the court system frees my farang keester from Japanese ex.

My kids & my money are enjoying a pleasant visit to Japan now but the important thing is I'm just waiting

for the judge's signature. I'm such a nice guy I'll even check in on my (former) house to see that their cat

(who hates me) is not dead. Hello Kitty he's not. Why do we love cats even if they can barely tolerate people?

I believe the processing center that I will be assigned is probably Vermont.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
The only thing I would recommend is finishing the vaccines in Thailand, they will be cheaper. You will still need to get the DS2035 transferred to the I693, but you can do that through Dr. Arnold (Info in the AOS Forum). I had a CS here in Vegas transfer my Vaccinations for free.

I had all my paperwork filled out and ready to go, except for the questions we had to answer when we got here (Wedding Date, etc). You should have everything translated already, so just make sure to get acopy of your packet from the lawyer, and you should be good to go.

ds-3025.....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello VJ friends,

Ole was approved. A lot of worrying for nothing.

The interview was about 5-7 minutes. She can pick it up on Wednesday.

Good luck to everyone else.

Jason

I129F sent 10-24-08

NOA1 12-29-08

NOA2 5-26-09

Packet 3 6-20-09

P3 returned 6-25-09

P4 received 7-2-09

Interview 7-24-09 (Approved)

Pick up 7-29-09

Timeline
Triple check on the birth certificate. That seems to be a big issue with AOS from Thailand. It should be much easier to sort out while there. I am still not sure that what my DIL has is adequate. I'm sure the USCIS will let us know soon enough if it isn't. The Embassy ended up keeping the original of what she took to her interview, leaving her with the photo copy in her file. It was supposed to be the other way around. Perhaps it will show up at the AOS interview and she can ask for it back.

-Thai Mom

We had a lot of trouble with the birth certificate. Obviously, it's a lot easier to square away bc issues while you are in Thailand. We learned the hard way.

Passing the interview doesn't mean anything regarding the validity of the birth certificate. Turns out my wife passed WITHOUT one in her possession. (I did not go to Thailand for the interview)

Yes, triple check the birth certificate. The birth certificate that my wife's father had made at the amphur (after she was in the USA) did not include the date-of-birth!!! Funny now ... not then!

and ..... after that, triple check the translated birth certificate for accuracy. Ours had a mistake! (easier to do when you aren't having a thai family member doing all the legwork in Thailand after your fiance has arrived in the USA)

Oh, my wife did not pack her non-birth-certificate when she came to the states.(yes, she knew to) So, somehow, make sure your fiance understands the importance of getting it packed before departing for the USA.

Dvd

Timeline
Hello VJ friends,

Jason

Congats you you Jason & Ole!!! :dance:

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Timeline
Hello VJ friends,

Jason

Congratulations. Best wishes always. :thumbs: :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Hello VJ friends,

Jason

Congrats and good luck with your AOS :thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

No need to transcribe your vaccinations as long as your AOS interview is within 1 year of the medical exam in Thailand. The paperwork submitted in the "sealed envelope" your fiancee turns in at point of entry will satisfy this requirement. Occasionally it gets lost and they will issue an RFE to get it.

Timeline

No need to transcribe your vaccinations as long as your AOS interview is within 1 year of the medical exam in Thailand. The paperwork submitted in the "sealed envelope" your fiancee turns in at point of entry will satisfy this requirement. Occasionally it gets lost and they will issue an RFE to get it.

This is how it used to be the new I693 form says it must be submitted with the AOS packet, even if the vaccinations were done as part of the K Interview. There is no need to get another exam, but the vaccinations must be transcribed and submitted with the AOS.

Edited by AaronLV

My Fiance was handed a new manila envelope that is not to be opened by us. I now have this envelope and the big medical Xray with the smaller vaccination envelope which has apparently been resealed. what do I need at the POE? Can I stick the big X ray in our suitcase and just hold onto the smaller vaccination envelope and the new envelope for the customs agent to inspect?

03/26/2009: NVC in
04/08/2009: Learned we are being screened for Additional Processing 'AP'
05/09/2009: Arrived at the US consulate in Bangkok
05/15/2009: Medical Passed
05/20/2009: Packet 3 received
05/21/2009: Packet 3 returned

07/08/2009: Interview
07/08/2009: issued 221(g) due to proof of single status document missing a stamp
07/20/2009: Resubmitted document with missing stamp. Accepted
07/23/2009: Visa issued

07/28/2009: POE JFK
07/31/2009: Married
09/02/2009: AOS submitted
09/10/2009 NOA1
09/25/2009: Case Transfered to CSC
10/13/2009 Biometrics
10/26/2009: Received EAD card
11/30/2009: RFE Delayed Birth Registration
12/31/2009: USCIS receives RFE reply
1/07/2010: Green Card Delivered
1/15/2010: Green Card Arrived

10/10/2011: Mailed in I-751 to remove conditions
10/20/2011: NOA1
11/28/2011: Biometrics
03/29/2012: RFE USCIS wants more proof of a bona fide relationship
04/03/2012: USCIS receives RFE reply
04/10/2012: Approval Letter
5/18/2012: Email notice that Green Card is being produced
5/24/2012: Green Card Arrived

10/07/14: N-400 mailed

11/12/14: Biometrics

12/5//14: In Line

03/25/15: Naturalization Ceremony: Journey Complete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.