MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
salam everyone,

i am doing CR-1 Visa for my husband and i am still at the nvc level and waiting for aos bill, i want to know about ds-230 packet that do i have to submit marrage certificate,my husband's bith certificate and police certificate with nvc or does he need to submit them with embassy i am so confused b/c it used to be veryy simple i remember when my mom filed for my sister she only had to submit ds-230 part 1

who schedules the interview for cr-1 now embassy or nvc???

any help

thanks

nothing is simple anymore.. you provide everything and u still end up waiting for MONTHS and YEAR(s) at times after the interview in admin processings.

any good news crew????????????? its been v quiet lately!

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

All k-1 visa applicants must provide the following documents

**Two forms DS-156 (All questions on the form must be answered)

**One form DS-230 part-1 (All questiond on the form must be answered)

**One form DS-156K (All questions on the form must be answered)

**One form DS157 (All questions on the form must be answered)

**Birth certificate (Original and one photocopy)

**English translation of the birth certificate (Original and one photocopy)

** Original, signed, and notarized Form I-134 (Affidavit of support) from the petitioner or from a financially qualified preson.

**Copies of the sponsor's federal tax returns (Form 1040) for the past year.

** An original job letter/proof of self employment from the sponsor.

**Proof of sponsor's assets.

**Passport (Valid for 12 months beyond the anticipated visa interview date)

** Medical Examination report ( Medical examination must be performed by one of the panel physicians listed in this booklet)

**Photographs (Two photographs according to the specifications given in this booklet)

** Police certificate

Does Anyone know why do they ask for Medical Examination report on packet 3.5? Please tell me it's supose to be taken to embassy not send through mail.

LoveU.jpg

Timeline
Does Anyone know why do they ask for Medical Examination report on packet 3.5? Please tell me it's supose to be taken to embassy not send through mail.

Medical is for the interview & you are suppose to do it two weeks before interview.

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

** Original, signed, and notarized Form I-134 (Affidavit of support) from the petitioner or from a financially qualified preson.

** Medical Examination report ( Medical examination must be performed by one of the panel physicians listed in this booklet)

**Photographs (Two photographs according to the specifications given in this booklet)

** Police certificate

When u will mail packet 3.5 through AMEX.They will check all the required documents according to their check list.If something is missing,expired,need more documents,

They will tell u abt the additional documents in Appointment letter & Medical examination through AMEX.There wolud be mention interview date.

Keep in touch with USEM they will tell u abt ur interview date when they will abt to send u appointment letter then u should take an appointment for Medical examination.

You will have to keep safe (not opened) brown envelope of Medical examintaion report with u for the interview.

Hope it will help.

Edited by Sibtain

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

** Police certificate

When u will mail packet 3.5 through AMEX.They will check all the required documents according to their check list.If something is missing,expired,need more documents,

They will tell u abt the additional documents in Appointment letter & Medical examination through AMEX.There wolud be mention interview date.

Keep in touch with USEM they will tell u abt ur interview date when they will abt to send u appointment letter then u should take an appointment for Medical examination.

You will have to keep safe (not opened) brown envelope of Medical examintaion report with u for the interview.

Hope it will help.

My husband is at sea he wont be back until the weekend. He had not gotten his packet 3.5 as he was at sea. His mother has it though as it arrive about two weeks ago. Is it going to be too late for him to get his Police Clearance Certificate? Mahetab told me the other day that there is a 3 week deadline on submitting the packet 3.5. Is this true? Also, I want to know something else, how long does this Police Clearance Certificate take? Please reply very soon you all-need your responses!

Fariha

Edited by ~♥Fariha~♥~Zain♥~

---------------------------------------------

"Our 1,000 Mile Visa Journey Thus Far"

---------------------------------------------

I-130

Sent: 07/29/08

Recieved: 07/30/08

NOA1: 08/01/08

Touched: 08/07/08

Approved: 01/12/09

I-129

Sent: 08/07/08

Recieved 08/08/08

NOA1: 08/14/08

Touched: 08/19/08

Approved: 01/12/08

"A (visa) journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step". - Lao-tzu

** Police certificate

Hope it will help.

My husband is at sea he wont be back until the weekend. He had not gotten his packet 3.5 as he was at sea. His mother has it though as it arrive about two weeks ago. Is it going to be too late for him to get his Police Clearance Certificate? Mahetab told me the other day that there is a 3 week deadline on submitting the packet 3.5. Is this true? Also, I want to know something else, how long does this Police Clearance Certificate take? Please reply very soon you all-need your responses!

Fariha

There is no time limit for resending the packet 3.5 its valid for 1 year coz according to US immigration law if Petitioner or Applicant wont contact regarding their visa case then they will start revoking the petition.

But its in ur best interest if u will send them packet 3.5 as early as possible to get Appointment letter of interview.

When u apply for PCC then normally it takes 1 week or maximun 10days it depends but not more than these days.

Timeline

** Police certificate

Hope it will help.

Fariha

there is no deadline.. v took a month + to submit our's

good lucks!

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

We are done with our 3.5 documents, she will be sending it tomorrow through Lahore service centre. I hope everything goes well from there. Ameen. Thanks you very much to everyone for fast reply. Will keep in touch. Respects.

LoveU.jpg

Timeline
We are done with our 3.5 documents, she will be sending it tomorrow through Lahore service centre. I hope everything goes well from there. Ameen. Thanks you very much to everyone for fast reply. Will keep in touch. Respects.

Good luck! :dance::thumbs:

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Timeline

Good luck! :dance::thumbs:

faisal any news from ur side..? ur girl's visa on it's way?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

salam everyone,

i need help,,my husband needs police certificate from karachi, he never lived anywhere else but in karachi he moved from one town to another 4,5 times.does he need to get police certificate from each town ???/thanks

Timeline

I think they ask for a police certificate from a city where u have lived after age of 16. If it's Karachi then he should get it from Karachi. I don't think Karachi would have different kachehries for different towns right? KACHEHRI is a place where AC, DC and JUDGES work altogether. I am sure they have either something on him or nothing at all, but that is the place to get Police certificate from.

Edited by b4byd09
LoveU.jpg

salam everyone,

i need help,,my husband needs police certificate from karachi, he never lived anywhere else but in karachi he moved from one town to another 4,5 times.does he need to get police certificate from each town ???/thanks

One police certificate from each district he lived in. He has to find out which district police station applies for each of his residences and get a certificate from there.

I-130 and I-129F

Marriage : 03-20-2008

I-130 Sent : 04-30-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 05-07-2008

I-129F Sent : 05-12-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 05-21-2008

I-130 Touched: 10-01-2008

I-130 Touched: 10-02-2008

I-129F Touched: 10-31-2008

I-130 NOA2 : 01-04-2009

I-129F NOA2 : 01-04-2009

NVC Journey Begins

NVC Received/Case number assigned: 01-06-2009

DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated: 01-08-2009

E-mail/Mail DS-3032 : 01-08-2009

DS-3032 Accepted: 01-12-2009

Pay AOS Bill: 01-14-2009

Pay IV Bill: 01-14-2009

AOS Bill Show as PAID:01-15-2009

IV Bill Show as PAID: 01-15-2009

Mailed I-864 Package: 01-15-2009

IV Bill Generated: 01-15-2009

Mailed IV Package: 01-26-2009

IV Package Received by NVC: 01-29-2009

Case Completed at NVC: 02-05-2009

Interview Scheduled on: 02-10-2009 (Interview Date: 03-19-2008)

NVC Left: 02-13-2009

Filed: Timeline
salam everyone,

One police certificate from each district he lived in. He has to find out which district police station applies for each of his residences and get a certificate from there.

Fariha, another VJ member's fiance' told me there was a 3 week deadline. In your case that would have been bad because of Zain being at sea for exactly 3 weeks. I am glad it has worked out in your favour. Very good luck to you!

Mahitab

Timeline

what's next after sending packet 3.5? I don't know when they received packet, how long after that do I have to call to fix an interview date. And when is the earliest we can get an interview date. How does the whole thing go. I am so ready to go to Pakistan. lolz. can't waitttttttttttttttttttttttt to see her again. winx

LoveU.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.