MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hi guys i had a question...

one of the main things u must provide is pictures with ur fiancee. we took quite a few of those - maybe around 15. but does it matter how close you stand to your fiancee in those pics? in most of the pics here on VJ iv noticed that the couples are basically hugging eachother when getting their pics taken.

because of obvious reasons i was not able to hug my fiancee in the pics but we are standing 'fairly close'.

does it matter???

hahaha... u r funny u will b fine=) u r engaged to a MUSLIM n PAKISTANI they know how it is w/our religion /culture=) too close culd hint married u know !

they r interested in seeing engagment reception pics... nothin close / hugging etc is 'not' required by the ISL CO =)

no questions asked from us re. this so u will b fine=)

tkc n lucks,

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So, I kinda have a similar situation, but more serious,,,my wedding was small, just me, my husband, his mom, his brother, and two of his friends. His dad, other brother, and sister, along with all his other friends/family are not even aware that we are married. Our wedding pictures look so weird as its the same ppl, same spot, just different poses. We didnt have Mendi or any of the other regurlar celebrations. He couldn't tell his family because we are in such a crazy situation,no one would understand and his parents would get so much guff from other family members. He has a terrible job, he is not stable financially because he was living in england, and then back and forth a few times so hes really in a pickle. His dad had a stroke last year that left him not only physically sick, but depressed as well. We just couldn't bring this stress on his family at this point and are planning on telling them after we get the visa. His mom is all supportive after a few long conversations with my husband and she just loved me to pieces when we met for that short time. How will I explain this in the interview? Do I even tell them or what? I know one of the girls here, I think Kris, immigration actually went to her husbands friends/family and asked questions and investigated. Its not that our marriage isn't real, its totally real and based on pure love, we have just been struggling, trying to find a way to live in england together and every other possible solution besides the I-130 cuz of the long process, but found no other way. Anyways, I'm sure no one will answer this cuz its not really a technical question, but I thought I would try since ur all familiar with Pakistani families n stuff. Ok, so thanks for reading and any advice would be splendid. AH

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hi guys i had a question...

one of the main things u must provide is pictures with ur fiancee. we took quite a few of those - maybe around 15. but does it matter how close you stand to your fiancee in those pics? in most of the pics here on VJ iv noticed that the couples are basically hugging eachother when getting their pics taken.

because of obvious reasons i was not able to hug my fiancee in the pics but we are standing 'fairly close'.

does it matter???

hahaha... u r funny u will b fine=) u r engaged to a MUSLIM n PAKISTANI they know how it is w/our religion /culture=) too close culd hint married u know !

they r interested in seeing engagment reception pics... nothin close / hugging etc is 'not' required by the ISL CO =)

no questions asked from us re. this so u will b fine=)

tkc n lucks,

kbushra1 you are very funny, haha, I can not keep my teeth in since I read your post :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

For pakistani couples they have an option, u can also hold each other pinkies. lolz. that will work. winx. I am just messing. ur wedding pics will have go with it.

Hi everbody I just swung by to see how is everyone doing. On my side 2ND day of calling Islamabad for million times. No one wants to pick up my phone! :protest: Lets go on strike.

LoveU.jpg

Timeline

hehe...i also didnt have a formal engagement... so no pics of that :blink:

For pakistani couples they have an option, u can also hold each other pinkies. lolz. that will work. winx. I am just messing. ur wedding pics will have go with it.

Hi everbody I just swung by to see how is everyone doing. On my side 2ND day of calling Islamabad for million times. No one wants to pick up my phone! :protest: Lets go on strike.

bhai jaan aapki situation kya hai? did your fiancee have her interview already or are you waiting for that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
So, I kinda have a similar situation, but more serious,,,my wedding was small, just me, my husband, his mom, his brother, and two of his friends.

A small wedding does not have to be a problem but your next sentence is a big issue. When we married we did not have a big ceremony but all of his immediate family, a dozen friends maybe attended the Nikkah Nama signing. Then we had a reception the following day and it was a little larger gathering. Then his uncle came a few days later and we had lunch with him.

His dad, other brother, and sister, along with all his other friends/family are not even aware that we are married.

After the interview we were given a 221(g) and told everything was fine but it needed some more processing. At that time AP was not discusssed and we just thought they were waiting on his name check or fingerprints to clear. His interview was in December and then an investigator did go to his home. His mother, father, youngest sister and one or more of his brothers were at home. The investigator came inside and asked if he was at work and if he could come home? He looked at our wedding photos, talked in detail to the family, had chai with Mian when he came home, interviewed him and then asked to go to one of his married sister's home nearby. They went to her house and she was interviewed and he got a list of the wedding party and called several of them including the Iman. Interview was 12/12/05 and field investigation was 01/17/06.

I know you are talking in the next quoted part about explaining the situation in the interview. Believe me they asked every family member if they approved of our marriage and even told his mother and father that they would deny the visa if they were not happy that we married. They asked if he left Pakistan would it be with their blessings? Everyone's experience is different and you cannot only go by mine.

Our wedding pictures look so weird as its the same ppl, same spot, just different poses. We didnt have Mendi or any of the other regurlar celebrations. He couldn't tell his family because we are in such a crazy situation,no one would understand and his parents would get so much guff from other family members. He has a terrible job, he is not stable financially because he was living in england, and then back and forth a few times so hes really in a pickle. His dad had a stroke last year that left him not only physically sick, but depressed as well. We just couldn't bring this stress on his family at this point and are planning on telling them after we get the visa. His mom is all supportive after a few long conversations with my husband and she just loved me to pieces when we met for that short time. How will I explain this in the interview? Do I even tell them or what?

I think you need to realize that you may have some problems even at the interview stage. They will investigate the marriage especially if you are married in a Desi/non Desi union. It is part of the process. And they sometimes even go to the neigbhors instead of the family to see if they know that the applicant is married?

I know one of the girls here, I think Kris, immigration actually went to her husbands friends/family and asked questions and investigated. Its not that our marriage isn't real, its totally real and based on pure love, we have just been struggling, trying to find a way to live in england together and every other possible solution besides the I-130 cuz of the long process, but found no other way. Anyways, I'm sure no one will answer this cuz its not really a technical question, but I thought I would try since ur all familiar with Pakistani families n stuff. Ok, so thanks for reading and any advice would be splendid. AH

Good luck to you.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
ABENITEZ you should tell them :thumbs: let everybody know that you guys are married! Edited by FaisalShirin4eva

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Timeline
do you guys know if fiancee visa for a cousin fiancee is put under more scrutiny?

What cousin r we talking about? First cousin? Second cousin? As far as I know, First cousin marriages are not allowed. Correct me if I am wrong Mary :help: I know in Texas you cant get married to first cousin. I dont like the law.. but it is what it is..

BTW, Mary or Revived after my Fiance come here, can she travel domestically? I noe for overseas she will need AP.. but what about domestic travel? Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Cousin marriages are not allowed in some states. You need to find out the laws for your state. I found this online and it may or may not be of any help.

http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/a/cousin.htm

BTW, Mary or Revived after my Fiance come here, can she travel domestically? I noe for overseas she will need AP.. but what about domestic travel? Thanks in advance.

Yes, your fiance can travel in the USA without any problems. She just cannot leave the borders before she marries and adjusts her status.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
do you guys know if fiancee visa for a cousin fiancee is put under more scrutiny?

What cousin r we talking about? First cousin? Second cousin? As far as I know, First cousin marriages are not allowed. Correct me if I am wrong Mary :help: I know in Texas you cant get married to first cousin. I dont like the law.. but it is what it is..

the CO knows we culd marry our cousins.. shuldn't b a problem!

domestic travel shuldn't b a problem

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

Timeline
hehe...i also didnt have a formal engagement... so no pics of that :blink:

bhai jaan aapki situation kya hai? did your fiancee have her interview already or are you waiting for that?

We are waiting for our interview letter. It has been 2 weeks (I believe) we have not heard from Islamabad. I should wait and give it more time but wait hi to nahi ho raha na. lolz. Koyi batha bhi nahi raha ke packet 3 bhejne ke kithne arsay baad Islamabad interview letter bhejtha hai? aur kithne time baad ka inter view date dethe hain? thake mein bhi dil ko behla kar bait jaon.

LoveU.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Does anyone here know, do they ever put mothers name on birth certificate in Pakistan? My husbands doesnt have his moms name on his bc, and he said it is normal and he cant get it changed. He said he has a "Form B" which states his mom n dad r married, and the names of all their kids. Do you think this will be acceptable? Thanks,

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.