Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'm just paranoid. i guess it's because i have this thing about me i don't think i deserve anything good in my life and i was very lucky everything went great with Ben, i keep thinking it was a 1 time thing and next time would be like i deserve.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Has anyone sold clothes to Once upon a Child? got some stuff thats in really good condtion...do they pay ok?

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

i'm still not ready to seel his clothes. even though we won't have another one, i just can;'t let it go yet.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Nessa: I kept all of Ben's clothes that I am very attached to, like his hospital stuff and coming home outfits and some other things. The rest I gave away to friends and family and I just sold some things at once upon a child.

They only wanted the things that still had the tags on, because they only buy whatever is in demand at the time. I couldn't sell the baby bjoern or exersaucer/ toys because they don't need it right now, but they encouraged me to come back in the spring. They buy seasonal stuff.

I think they pay fairly well.

I am a little worried about the second pregnancy too. My sister had a perfect pregnancy with her first baby and the following 2 pregnancies were a nightmare. Other than being tired all the time I loved being pregnant with Ben.

I have to take 2 credits of physical ed next semester (it's a stupid policy my school has :wacko: ) I have no desire doing this 4x/week while pregnant ( so I am determined to wait until graduation. Hubby disagrees, but hey it feels good to know that I have control over this, muhahaha.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

i gave peaches to Ben for the first time and OMG his poop was the stinkier poop ever!

It's the first time I gave him solid food i bough prepared, so i gave him the 3.5 oz that was in the container, he ate everything. The bowl i put the food in can hold at least 50% more food, and he's had a full bowl of other food before. That means that he was eating like 5-6 oz of food on a feeding and getting hungry a bit after that. is that normal?

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

My fear with a second pregnancy is how my body would look like afterwards. Besides the csection scar, I was very lucky: I got no stretch marks and I'm already 5 pounds lighter than I was before I got pregnant :dance: What if I'm not as lucky the second time around? and if we need a second csection, I wonder what the scar will look like then...superficial, I know...but still

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i had 2 c-sections...the scar looks fine, healed well....a little more raised as it is over old scar tissue. never saw it as a big deal to be honest as its not in a very visable spot

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Caro: you can always try for a VBAC, like Eveline did successfully. Check out ICAN they have tons of information about it. And look at Mrs. Duggar, she has had TONS of VBACs (I think she's pregnant with baby 19!!!!!).

I gave away clothes I didn't like but everything else I kept. It's in two different piles: neutral and boyish. So when the second baby is born I don't have to go through everything and can just grab the right sterilite box from the basement.

DH and I really think we don't want to know the gender next time and not have it announced by the midwife, but have the baby handed to me and we'll check out together who it is. We hope we can go through with that without getting too curious early on! We are planning on getting pregnant next summer, but I'm helping my 20 week along friend to find a good practitioner around here to learn for myself who is good. She really wanted a homebirth, but Tricare only pays $1500 for it so the mom gets stuck with $2000 out of pocket! Crazy! BlueShield pays it all! There are cheaper midwives around, however they are CPM which our insurance doesn't pay. It's a little frustrating... The thing is the local hospital has a 40% csection rate and is notoriously known for bad behaviour which is why nearby Colorado is the escape goat... Sorry for the long story, I just want to be totally prepared and know who will be my midwife before I get pregnant. Last time around I had an insurance switch at 5 months and moving at 7 months and it felt so chaotically. It was so stressful to find the most baby friendly hospital on short notice. It was so stressful and an unsupportive obgyn can really mess up your pregnancy.

@ nessa: Get ready for even stinkier poops. Jona still eats very little solids and depending on what he ate, it smells from not so nice to yucky baeh barf. Ans since he's fighting the diaper changes so much I buttwash him after he poops. Either in the sink or the bathtub depending on his mood. It gives him something to do so I can clean him without any fuss.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Does anyone have ideas for xmas presents yet?

Karen and Stef???? Our boys are all the same age? What are the boys into? It seems like everything I buy Zaid ends up in his toybox untouched. We did recently buy him the Little Tikes Orange and Yellow Cozy Coupe Car, guess what his favorite part of it is? The cup Holder?!?!?! geez. Ive been researching toys r us and what not and the only things I know I will buy for sure is the Leap Frog Alphabet Laptop, The Letter thing that goes on the fridge that says the letters when u put them in the holder, and those paints that only paint on the paper that comes with it. He loves tools but he knows the difference between real and fake. We bought him the elmo toolbench and he doesnt even touch it, but if he finds a "real" screwdriver he plays for HOURS! Maybe Ill get him a gift certificate to a hardware store and let him pick out what he wants :) lol

Chrissy and Ev..Your boys are a little older. What were good toys at about 2 years?

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
i had 2 c-sections...the scar looks fine, healed well....a little more raised as it is over old scar tissue. never saw it as a big deal to be honest as its not in a very visable spot

Good to know :) I know the scar is not visible for other people, but it is for me, and it is for Justin...so it bugs me :(

Caro: you can always try for a VBAC, like Eveline did successfully. Check out ICAN they have tons of information about it. And look at Mrs. Duggar, she has had TONS of VBACs (I think she's pregnant with baby 19!!!!!).

I gave away clothes I didn't like but everything else I kept. It's in two different piles: neutral and boyish. So when the second baby is born I don't have to go through everything and can just grab the right sterilite box from the basement.

DH and I really think we don't want to know the gender next time and not have it announced by the midwife, but have the baby handed to me and we'll check out together who it is. We hope we can go through with that without getting too curious early on! We are planning on getting pregnant next summer, but I'm helping my 20 week along friend to find a good practitioner around here to learn for myself who is good. She really wanted a homebirth, but Tricare only pays $1500 for it so the mom gets stuck with $2000 out of pocket! Crazy! BlueShield pays it all! There are cheaper midwives around, however they are CPM which our insurance doesn't pay. It's a little frustrating... The thing is the local hospital has a 40% csection rate and is notoriously known for bad behaviour which is why nearby Colorado is the escape goat... Sorry for the long story, I just want to be totally prepared and know who will be my midwife before I get pregnant. Last time around I had an insurance switch at 5 months and moving at 7 months and it felt so chaotically. It was so stressful to find the most baby friendly hospital on short notice. It was so stressful and an unsupportive obgyn can really mess up your pregnancy.

@ nessa: Get ready for even stinkier poops. Jona still eats very little solids and depending on what he ate, it smells from not so nice to yucky baeh barf. Ans since he's fighting the diaper changes so much I buttwash him after he poops. Either in the sink or the bathtub depending on his mood. It gives him something to do so I can clean him without any fuss.

I would like to try for a vbac :yes: the doc gave me the best incision for that - if we have another one we'll wait a few years to further help our chances.

here's an idea to find a good doctor that supports natural/ vaginal births: look for a Bradley method instructor and ask her for references. with all the births they follow, they usually have a good idea of who's good :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Caro: Good idea... However, there are no BRadley people around here, only in CO. I live in an area that is not exactly natural birth friendly. :( But luckily it isn't far to CO. Many women go there!

Toys: I really wonder when they start liking toys. Jona has such nice toys but all he really wants are remote controls, the mouse, mugs, packaging, turning the bluray on and off.... I have a feeling older children really enjoy toys and younger kids are just interested in whatever the adults are using (aka he wants the remotes when turn on the TV...)

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline

@Kelly: definitely get the letter toy for the refrigerator!! I bought it for Ben at Barnes&Noble and wanted to keep it as a christmas gift, but he was singing along to the ABC in the car on the way home, so I just gave it to him and it is one of his favorite toys! He now sings the whole ABC and sounds some of the letters. it really is a great toy. Our Barnes &Noble has great toys for children, that's where I get a lot of his stuff. My husband got him a tool bench and earmuffs so he can go for motorcycle rides with him (he loves Harleys and anything that goes vrooom). Ben isn't much into the typical toys either, he loves music and dancing and singing, so we got him some instruments and CD's. I also want to get some finger paint, he has done some really cool crafts at his school and seems to enjoy that.

LOL I was laughing when you wrote about the tools, Ben is exactly like Zaid- he can tell the difference between the real thing and the toys. He loves to help daddy work on things. I don't know how or when he did it, but I keep finding Chuck's tools in the flower beds/ bushes or wedged in the motorcycle...

Ben also still loves everything animals, I try to convince the hubby that we need to buy a pony, but no luck. :hehe: But we got a couple animal books.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Stef,

Good to know about the ABC toy. I figured it would be something he would like. I wish Zaid was good with "art projects" he is far too busy. Paint, Crayons, Glue, we have tried it all and he justs eats it. I have tried getting him into singing and dancing and he isnt having it. We have a ton of "silly willy songs" CD's and he doesnt even like when I put them on. He does play the piano with my little brother who has been "teaching" him how to repeat notes so we may consider buying him his own . We would buy it used though. They are very expensive. Maybe closer to his 2nd birthday if he is still interested by then.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I second the letter toy thing. Adam has the little leapfrog Airplane which he loves and plays with a lot. Also, he likes all kinds of animals is is really into trucks and trains. I got him a big play carpet with streets etc. on yesterday at a garage sale and he loves playing on that iwth his cars. We're outside a lot since it never gets really really cold so we actually have more outside toys.

As for c/s scars. Argh...I don't like mine. I wear my pants low and my belt buckle always irritates the scar and it hurts. Then, even though the doctor cut along the natural crease of the skin it looks all crooked and one side always sticks out of my bikini pants. As for figure issues after the second baby...I can't complain. I still wear the same clothes as before and though my dad said my butt got bigger (he also said I have a gut...thanks dad) it really didn't. I still measure the same as I did before I had kids.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

oh I totally forgot about the trains... He loves Thomas stuff, we got him Thomas the engine thing that is battery powered and pulls the other trains and he plays forever with that stuff, and everything else that has wheels. I think my husband has bought him some more tracks and trains for christmas too.

@Eveline: I have a few stretch marks from the pregnancy, I don't like them but then I think that there would be no Ben if there were no stretchmarks so it makes them more acceptable..

Stef,

Good to know about the ABC toy. I figured it would be something he would like. I wish Zaid was good with "art projects" he is far too busy. Paint, Crayons, Glue, we have tried it all and he justs eats it. I have tried getting him into singing and dancing and he isnt having it. We have a ton of "silly willy songs" CD's and he doesnt even like when I put them on. He does play the piano with my little brother who has been "teaching" him how to repeat notes so we may consider buying him his own . We would buy it used though. They are very expensive. Maybe closer to his 2nd birthday if he is still interested by then.

LOL! :lol:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008