ylime0411

Its our first time to be touched?

12 posts in this topic

My dear friends from VJ.

I tell you all here that I wait for july 7 and I got so worried past few weeks coz every time I check our case receipt number at uscis site it says our case number cannot be found in their automated machine. They skipped up I said. Coz they are now processing those who filed july 19 onwards…

But I checked again yesterday and I found it now…gosh I almost cry when I saw it. At least we have hope …my husband also is so excited and very happy when I told him about it.

This is what it says there……

Receipt Number: WAC- - - - - - - - -

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

Your I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was received on July 20, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 990 and 999 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete

Can I ask you friends…is this what you call “TOUCH” …how many touches will it be? .How many long days still do we wait for the approval of our case. Will it really take 990 days….oh my. I hope it will not.

My husband wants me to ask you all there…what are the other proofs you prepare …Thanks very much….i know you will truly guide us with this journey…GOD BLESS you all

May GOD inspire you when you feel down,

encourage you when you feel like quitting, and guide you when all things become confusing.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I cannot look at your timeline since we are having to recover from data malfunction. Where is your case at? And have your filed the other steps yet? I started my journey and look at my timeline in my signature below. It should not take that long as stated take 990 days…. It is just a given time on all the receipts when they are sent out.

Mary

Edited by mianishqsrose

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi lime -

You can go here to check on your case status: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp You'll enter that WAC number that is on your receipt from your NOA1.

This is also where you can sign up for email alerts as to the status of what's happening with your case. Your case is "touched" when someone does some processing on it, though that doesn't mean that it has been completed or that your status will change (to approved, hopefully, right? :) ). As far as I know, the only way you'll know when your case is touched is if you have the email alerts since it's just internal processing. Look around at some people's signatures to see, but it looks to me that you usually get touched about 2 times before you're processed. It's more or less just a way to know that *something* is going on, though you'll never really know what.

Hope this helps. ttyl,

mich

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

try not to get your hopes up in regards to the touching ... (that doesn't sound right! :lol: )

as for your case ... when your online status changes dates - that means that the person on working on your file 'touched' it and actually did some work.

now .... some people are:

*never touched and approved

*never touched and
RFE
'd

*touched once and then approved

*touched several times and approved

*touched several times and
RFE
'd

see the pattern here?? unfortunately, there is no way that anyone here on VJ can tell you if you case will or will not be touched and how many times.

as for the processing dates, they usually give you the maximum time but most people find they receive their NOA2's well before the 900 days are up.

best of luck to you! :thumbs:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
see the pattern here?? unfortunately, there is no way that anyone here on VJ can tell you if you case will or will not be touched and how many times.

What I said above wasn't meant this way; hopefully that's not how it appeared. Was just what I was seeing in people's sigs. Definitely far from a formal calculation. ;) regarding what's "normal" at USCIS/NVC... i think anyone that's even read a couple posts here can see there's no such thing :lol:

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

Our case was only touched ones and got approved :)

N-400

June 08, 2009 - Mailed packet to TX lockbox

June 12, 2009 - USCIS TX received Packet

June 15, 2009 - Notice Date

June 19, 2009 - Recieved NOA

July 15, 2009 - Scheduled for biometrics

Sept 21, 2009 - Scheduled for Interview ....Passed the interview test

Oct. 16, 2009 - Oath taking

----------------------------------------------------------------

Never let a day go by without a dream.

Dream and dedication are a powerful combination.

I went through USCIS-VSC untouched. I filed 4 separate I-130's.

Edited by classic

TIMELINE (Married 9 yrs)

Aug 18, 2005 - Mailed I-130 (wife & kids') to VSC

Aug 29, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-130's received

Sep 13, 2005 - I-130's approved, petition forwarded to NVC

Oct 10, 2005 - I-864 Bill received by agent

Oct 12, 2005 - Paid I-864 Bill by Postal Money Order-$70 for whole family

Dec 17, 2005- checklist for I-864 received, reply sent back & entered into system on Dec 22.

Oct 20, 2005 - Alien spouse received DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) documents

Oct 24,2005 - DS-3032 sent to NVC (fr Phils)

Nov 17, 2005 - IV Fee Bill paid by Money Order & sent

Jan 3, 2006 - Mailed DS-230 to NVC

Jan 4, 2006 - DS-230 entered into system

Jan 12, 2006 - CASE COMPLETED, and still waiting!!!

Aug 3, 2006- schedule of interview at US Embassy-Manila. Won't be showing up.

K3/K4

Aug 30, 2005 - Mailed I-129F to Chicago(wife's)

Sep 10, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-129F

Oct 19, 2005 - I-129F Approved (email notice), received mail Oct. 28

Nov 2, 2005- Received K3 approval notice

Mar 24, 2006 - K3 interview

Apr 4, 2006 - Visas in hand

May 8, 2006 - arrived in America

AOS

August 2006 - mailed I-485 forms

September 2006 - Biometrics done

December 2006 - Interview; Green Card received by mail a week later

2007: Applied for kids' certificate of citizenship, got the certificates in June & passports in August 2007

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow Congrats!!! I'm shocked though, that it took 6 plus months for you to get a case number. It looks like you were in the black whole for a while. Vermont is saposed to be moving faster than the other centers. Dont worry about the 990 day thing. That is saposed to be worse case scenario.

Once your case is forwarded to the NVC you can download and send in the Choice of Agent form. If your husband elects to be the Agent then, further packets and mails will be sent to his address in the U.S. This can save you some time. Unfortunately I think you will half to wait for the Fee bills to come in the mail, but many of the other forms are downloadable, so you won't half to wait for them.

Good Luck and Congrats again.

K3

10-xx-04 I129 sent

05-xx-05 NOA1 from USCIS - Aproved - Abandoned for Cr1

CR1

11-15-04 I-130 sent

12-10-04 NOA 1 fee changed had to resend info with new fee

12-11-04 Resend case with new fee

02-14-05 NOA 2 I-130 Case aproved and sent to NVC

02-25-05 NVC received case

03-21-05 Received I-864 fee bill

03-22-05 Sent $70 I-864 payment to

04-16-05 Received IV fee bill

04-17-05 Sent $ 380 IV payment to NVC

05-02-05 Received I-864 packet from NVC

05-02-05 Sent I-864 packet to NVC

05-11-05 NVC received IV payment

05-16-05 NVC sent third packet

05-25-05 Received DS-230 and third packet instructions

06-06-05 NVCReceived DS-230 per fed ex confirmation

06-07-05 NVC Enters DS-230 information in system

waiting waiting waiting

06-20-05 Case Completed!!!!!!!yipee.

waiting for interview date.............

7-26-05 Baby born!!!! yaya

8-15-05 Interview set for 9-29-05

9-29-05 Interview suck they want more proof

10-20-05 second interview

10-24-05 yaya haleloujhya finally got it.

10-28-05 going to meet husband in New York. yayayaya

10-30-05 Home!!!!

Lifting Conditions

7-28-07 Mailed form I751 and supporting documents. $275 (Old fee!!!!!Yipee!!!)

8-17-07 Check cleared my account.

8-20-07 Touched

8-30-07 Received Biometric apointment letter.

9-11-07 Biometrics Apointment

9-22-07 Received letter of approval

9-24-07 Received GC Whoo hoo done for 10 years!!!

09-20-09 Sent N-400 for Citizenship

11-01-09 Bio

01-11-10 Passed Interview

01-16-10 Received notice for swearing in ceremony

02-03-10 Swearing in ceremony

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Congrats

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Timeline

ylime,

Putting up an online status message for you case may or may not result in a 'touch', but in any case looking for 'touches' is about as useful as believing the 990-999 days for processing item.

As Yogi Berra once said, "it ain't over till it's over." At least I think it was Yogi. Whoever it was, they were right.

Yodrak

My dear friends from VJ.

I tell you all here that I wait for july 7 and I got so worried past few weeks coz every time I check our case receipt number at uscis site it says our case number cannot be found in their automated machine. They skipped up I said. Coz they are now processing those who filed july 19 onwards…

But I checked again yesterday and I found it now…gosh I almost cry when I saw it. At least we have hope …my husband also is so excited and very happy when I told him about it.

This is what it says there……

Receipt Number: WAC- - - - - - - - -

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

Your I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was received on July 20, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 990 and 999 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete

Can I ask you friends…is this what you call “TOUCH” …how many touches will it be? .How many long days still do we wait for the approval of our case. Will it really take 990 days….oh my. I hope it will not.

My husband wants me to ask you all there…what are the other proofs you prepare …Thanks very much….i know you will truly guide us with this journey…GOD BLESS you all

joej,

No, it's the largest number that can be put in a 3-digit field (note that the actual estimate given was 990-999).

There's a never-ending rumor that the USCIS is supposed to be doing away with that useless bit of mis-information, but there's probably unanimous agreement that their software staff (more likely software contractors) have far more important tasks to accomplish getting their systems up to par.

Yodrak

... Dont worry about the 990 day thing. That is saposed to be worse case scenario.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.