Guilty Pleasures

161 posts in this topic

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh do tell! I rarely talk about it either, its just something people roll their eyes at and if they've never experienced it they can't even begin to understand. Or PM me.

This was when I was about 15, so 15 years ago. I was super scared... I had seen fire in the sky, no aliens were taking me, probing me, and dropping me off naked outside of a Mac's convenience. :lol:

Seriously one of my greatest fears is being abducted by aliens, and I know thats silly but its my irrational fear.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
Oh do tell! I rarely talk about it either, its just something people roll their eyes at and if they've never experienced it they can't even begin to understand. Or PM me.

This was when I was about 15, so 15 years ago. I was super scared... I had seen fire in the sky, no aliens were taking me, probing me, and dropping me off naked outside of a Mac's convenience. :lol:

Seriously one of my greatest fears is being abducted by aliens, and I know thats silly but its my irrational fear.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I used to work at a Mac's! I don't think they have them anymore, no?

But... YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was about 15 years ago and it was a fire in the sky!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

I never talk about that stuff, either, because people who haven't experienced it automatically think you're crazy or seeing things. Oh, and I meant where I saw the thing was south of Parry Sound. My cottage is up at Shawanaga.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Mac's still exists in some places, I know theres a few in Midland still.

Ahh Shawanaga is beautiful I love it there. I used to go Parry Island a lot when I lived in Midland. I miss that area, its gorgeous.

Donne moi une poptart!

Mac's still exists in some places, I know theres a few in Midland still.

Ahh Shawanaga is beautiful I love it there. I used to go Parry Island a lot when I lived in Midland. I miss that area, its gorgeous.

Me too. :( It's so breathtakingly beautiful in all its seasons that I used to get tears in my eyes just looking at it. It's one of the reasons why I love the Group of Seven paintings..... I think they capture its splendour.

Here's a picture for you:

bearlakemist.sized.jpg

iagree.gif

Timeline

I love the group of seven too! Their art and the story behind their art is amazing.

That is sooo Georgian Bay... that pic right there. <3

Donne moi une poptart!

I took my husband to the McMichael Gallery so he could see some of the originals. The museum is just as beautiful as the cottages on Georgian Bay. He loves the Gof7 too. Good thing, because I have.... like.... six of them so far. :lol: This one is on my living room wall: Northern Lake by Lawren Harris

iagree.gif

Timeline
I took my husband to the McMichael Gallery so he could see some of the originals. The museum is just as beautiful as the cottages on Georgian Bay. He loves the Gof7 too. Good thing, because I have.... like.... six of them so far. :lol: This one is on my living room wall: Northern Lake by Lawren Harris

I LOVE the McMichael gallery! Funny you said that I took my husband there too, one of our "goals" is to actually do a canoe trip through Algonquin one day. One day. *sigh*

That painting is beautiful. There's nothing quite like the group of 7.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I have never seen a UFO, but I know people who have. When you hear the stories online or on tv it's easy to dismiss, but when you have a friend who has stories, then it's different. If you read the first chapter of Ezekiel in the old testament, it sounds like he is describing the landing of a UFO.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

When I was 13, I was camping with my extended family in the Palmdale Desert (About 130 miles NE of Los Angeles). We used to go out there to camp, and sometimes I had motorcycle races out there. Well, one night, I saw a bright bulb in the air, it wasn't as bright as the moon, but something was definitely there. It wasn't that high in the air, and it rose to the top of this ridge and disappeared. I told my cousins about it and they all said I was coo coo for cocoa puffs. The next morning, my cousin dragged a weather baloon that said "Property of USAF" on it to the campsite. There was a US Air Force base about 30 miles from where we were.

I don't really believe that aliens have visited earth. However, I think its quite arrogant to think that in this vast universe and beyond that we are the only intelligent life forms.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I saw a bright bulb in the air, it wasn't as bright as the moon, but something was definitely there. It wasn't that high in the air, and it rose to the top of this ridge and disappeared. I told my cousins about it and they all said I was coo coo for cocoa puffs. The next morning, my cousin dragged a weather baloon that said "Property of USAF" on it to the campsite. There was a US Air Force base about 30 miles from where we were.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those buggers do glow really bright at night. They usually attach orange or yellow glow sticks to them at night so aircraft can see them from the air.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.