edmondson

K1 visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi every one,i am to begin the process of k1 visa soon my fiance is American and we have been together for 21/2yrs now and we are to begin this journey soo.She has been living with me here in Nigeria for 8months and we had already got engaged some time soon she will be going back to the US to file for me,My question is this_Am currently self emplpyed and have no proof that i am working to make a living,Do i need a proof of my occupation or

does it not matter?secondly my birth certificate has been missing for almost 10yrs now and what are the possibilities of a sworn affidavite,i would like a sincere person who has gone through the same process to give me a clue on how to go about things.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

It's the American citizen's job they look at, not the foriegn fiance.

As far as the birth cert, someone who has filed through Nigeria will know better.

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Depends, here is the infor from the Department of State:

Birth and Death Certificates

Generally available, particularly for events occurring after 1970. Registration of births and deaths is compulsory in Lagos. The National Population Commission issues birth certificates for births after 1992.

For Lagos records, certified copies of records for dates ending with 1979 can be obtained at the Lagos State Ministry of Health, Old Secretariat, Ikeja, Lagos. For records after 1979, contact the local government that issued the original certificate directly. Most births and deaths outside of Lagos are also registered at the time of the event. Applicants can obtain certified true copies of certificates directly from the local government. Alternatively, acceptable identity/parentage documents are infant baptismal certificates and hospital or maternity clinic records of birth. Home births are rare in Nigeria and medical records are available in most cases. Affidavits may be acceptable as substitutes for documents for those born outside Lagos prior to 1960 or born in the eastern part of Nigeria in the 1960’s at the time of the Biafran War, when presented in combination with convincing secondary evidence of relationship.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3640.html

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Actually my husband also had a birth certificate issue. We had a court affidavit, which got us through the Visa process. However, when we filed for AOS, we got an RFE the RFE told us where in Nigeria we could obtain a birth certificate. We had his sister go take care of this and send us the birth certificate in the mail. Once submitted that we were ok. :thumbs:

Edited by Perseverance

Timeline

Hi i need information on how to obtain a birth certificate. i recently got my approval and awaitin my packets 3&4. i dont want to get a sworn affidavit , i would like to knw if its possible for me to get a birth certificate here in lagos instead of an affidavit...Thanx

Timeline
Hi i need information on how to obtain a birth certificate. i recently got my approval and awaitin my packets 3&4. i dont want to get a sworn affidavit , i would like to knw if its possible for me to get a birth certificate here in lagos instead of an affidavit...Thanx

Hi,am also tryig to find out how to get a birth certificate too,not the oluwale stuff that they normally do in lagos.

If in case you have a brake through let me know,these are problems that are caused by our parents by not keepig records.

Wish you all the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.