New WorldMan

Finding Strength

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello To my VJ Family,

I am very new to this site and community. I have found alot of great information in this site, and I am thankful

that this site exist with a wide array if topics. My question is How do the other people who are also petitioning a loved

one remain strong? For me it has been a daily struggle, and I'm just starting this process. I speak to my wife at least

twice a day, and we try to see each other a few times a week online. Right now she has to go to a internet cafe, but hopefully next month she can purchase a computer allowing us to at least see each other on a daily bases. Seeing her on online everyday will be great, but it does not lessen the pain that I feel in my heart. My wife and I both knew that this would be difficult. The idea of being 7000 miles apart is not a thought that either of us really like, but we understand that we must make the sacrifice now. Hopefully this journey will go by quickly and we will be once again reunited. The anguish that I feel on a daily bases is sometimes overwhelming. I have not lost my faith, I have just having a hard time and so is my wife. We are committed to making this journey together, to fighting the good fight, and never ever losing hope. The love that we share is strong and continues to grow despite our physical distance.

So let me just ask everyone. How do you remain strong? What do you do to make through another day without your

loved one with you? Thanks for the imput. I wish everyone the best of luck in their Visa Journey. God Bless you all.

Eric

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello To my VJ Family,

I am very new to this site and community. I have found alot of great information in this site, and I am thankful

that this site exist with a wide array if topics. My question is How do the other people who are also petitioning a loved

one remain strong? For me it has been a daily struggle, and I'm just starting this process. I speak to my wife at least

twice a day, and we try to see each other a few times a week online. Right now she has to go to a internet cafe, but hopefully next month she can purchase a computer allowing us to at least see each other on a daily bases. Seeing her on online everyday will be great, but it does not lessen the pain that I feel in my heart. My wife and I both knew that this would be difficult. The idea of being 7000 miles apart is not a thought that either of us really like, but we understand that we must make the sacrifice now. Hopefully this journey will go by quickly and we will be once again reunited. The anguish that I feel on a daily bases is sometimes overwhelming. I have not lost my faith, I have just having a hard time and so is my wife. We are committed to making this journey together, to fighting the good fight, and never ever losing hope. The love that we share is strong and continues to grow despite our physical distance.

So let me just ask everyone. How do you remain strong? What do you do to make through another day without your

loved one with you? Thanks for the imput. I wish everyone the best of luck in their Visa Journey. God Bless you all.

Eric

Hi There,

I can't imagine why anyone hasn't responded to you but I know they will as soon as they see this...

First, welcome to the community! I hope that you will find lots of helpful information, communication and the strength you seek so desperately while you are here.

Secondly, I would not have survived my marriage without all the time I invested here. That's what I would suggest to you. Spend so much time here that it takes you away from the constant onslaught of thinking and thinking and thinking and thinking about not being with your wife. I promise you it will work more than you can imagine...

Allow yourself to feel your feelings everyday; that in itself will make you stronger. Just try it...

Finally, I promise you that it will work out. Everything always works out. Just having someone to love makes you a very rich man and that knowledge will see you through.

Be it unto you according to your faith. And it is so.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

Maya Angelou

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

(F)

:(I just want everyone to know that these times are so difficult.. It is hard to be apart..hay, I just wish this would stop and I can't wait for that feeling to be reunited with my husband..everyday, we call each other to talk to cope with this longing... it is very hard.. we haven't seen each other for 8 and 1/2 months now.. and we are still waiting for the interview.. I know I should be exited..but honestly, living in the u.s is stressful and what you want right now is your spouse to be by yourside and it is sad because they are far away... I can't even take a full-time job right now as I am too depressed to work although I have a part-time job..my family is not supportive right now instead of helping us get through this they are making it harder..I hope this sleepless nights and worries will come to an end and reunite us with our loved ones. I just want those vj members to know that they are not alone in this process... although, it is very sad how others reunite faster than others.. they call it luck but honestly, just have faith,.. i am sorry I am crying while I am typing this.. I pray that we all be happy... :D :D :D :D :D

-we have missed my husband's birthday together B)

-we have missed christmas together

-we have missed new year together

-we have missed our monthsary together

-we have missed our 1st wedding anniversary together

-and we will be missing Valentine's day together (L) (L) (L)

-hoping that he will get his interview by march..

-my birthday is coming up in april..hoping that he will be here for my birthday :crying:

Hello To my VJ Family,

Eric

ticker.png

ticker.png

Hello,

(F)

:(I just want everyone to know that these times are so difficult.. It is hard to be apart..hay, I just wish this would stop and I can't wait for that feeling to be reunited with my husband..everyday, we call each other to talk to cope with this longing... it is very hard.. we haven't seen each other for 8 and 1/2 months now.. and we are still waiting for the interview.. I know I should be exited..but honestly, living in the u.s is stressful and what you want right now is your spouse to be by yourside and it is sad because they are far away... I can't even take a full-time job right now as I am too depressed to work although I have a part-time job..my family is not supportive right now instead of helping us get through this they are making it harder..I hope this sleepless nights and worries will come to an end and reunite us with our loved ones. I just want those vj members to know that they are not alone in this process... although, it is very sad how others reunite faster than others.. they call it luck but honestly, just have faith,.. i am sorry I am crying while I am typing this.. I pray that we all be happy... :D :D :D :D :D

-we have missed my husband's birthday together B)

-we have missed christmas together

-we have missed new year together

-we have missed our monthsary together

-we have missed our 1st wedding anniversary together

-and we will be missing Valentine's day together (L) (L) (L)

-hoping that he will get his interview by march..

-my birthday is coming up in april..hoping that he will be here for my birthday :crying:

Hello To my VJ Family,

Eric

The best way to survive this Hellish wait, is to know its only temporpary! This too will pass. I feel the sepration makes the marriage stronger.

We will begin our new journey with USCIS when I return from Honeymoon, your half way there, you already filed, that is a wonderful feeling. Everyday it gets harder, but with every new day, your 1 day closer to a approval and being re-united with your wife. Hang in there and pray, soon you will be together for life. Make a standing Saturday night date, you and her have dinner in front of web camera, bring flowers, makes sure she sees them, chat like your face to face with each other, we have done that every Saturday night, and it truly helps, I promise.

Best wishes.

Paris Heart

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hello To my VJ Family,

Eric

Hi There,

I can't imagine why anyone hasn't responded to you but I know they will as soon as they see this...

First, welcome to the community! I hope that you will find lots of helpful information, communication and the strength you seek so desperately while you are here.

Secondly, I would not have survived my marriage without all the time I invested here. That's what I would suggest to you. Spend so much time here that it takes you away from the constant onslaught of thinking and thinking and thinking and thinking about not being with your wife. I promise you it will work more than you can imagine...

Allow yourself to feel your feelings everyday; that in itself will make you stronger. Just try it...

Finally, I promise you that it will work out. Everything always works out. Just having someone to love makes you a very rich man and that knowledge will see you through.

Be it unto you according to your faith. And it is so.

I think this is so important. Finding something to occupy your time and thoughts. Finding a community that can identify with your feelings is such a blessing. But if you have hobbies..focus on them too.

this is the first thing after talkign everyday that has helped us. We email and talk about daily things as if we ARE living together. Sometimes our emails are more like talking over dinner after work. It totally helps us. :)

Also, knowing that having those desperate and hopeless feelings is ok and normal and they will pass! It doesnt make you a weaker person, it doesnt mean you guys are slacking in anyway..just help eachother out of them when they come on :thumbs:

We havent seen eachother in person in over a year, but we have managed to keep it together, loving eachother more everyday(i know im getting sappy :P).

You have foudn a gem in VJ, nothing liek a supprtive bunch to help lift your spirits :)

Take care and come join our "weekend pity parties" for anyone missing their loved ones :D

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Well we learn to cope with things that we don't have a choice about, I guess. I definitely found a few people here that really helped me get through this...and I mean helped me ALOT. It's easier to hear advice from people who are suffering with you and who went through it before you. Having friends say "Sorry" or "Be patient" is not the same when they aren't living what you're living through. But when my friends on here say it, I can accept that, because I know they're talking from their heart and they've been through it.

Definitely join our pity party! Find a few threads you like and you'll be amazed how many good friends you can make with a select few.

Best of luck!

the computer is what is getting me thru. its been a long time i havent seen my husband but we talk everyday and somehow , it helps soothe the pain and loneliness.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.