bradentejas

Been reading for hours now....confused...dazed...sleepy...

10 posts in this topic

Ok y'all....

I was sitting here this morning, minding my own business and watching Mexico beat the ####### out of Iran when I decided to start perusing the forums and ran across this HUGE issue about the IMBRA!!!!

I am waiting on my NOA-1 (yes, I know, we are newbies) for my I-130 and I was going to start preparing the I-129F but it is now sounding like a waste of money and effort! I went over to read the K1 discussions and am now depressed for all of those couples who filed K1's late or dont have the option to get married first, and have no other options but to WAIT, WAIT and WAIT some more! I am happy that I have another option because we are married, however what are the thoughts on even submitting a I-129F for a spouse at this point when everything is on indefinite hold??

What I am getting from this new IMBRA thing is that if you have NOT filed the I-129F to run in conjunction with your I-130 then you might as well not bother at this point...pursue the CR-1 / IR-1 instead??? It seems relatively simple, utilizing the shortcuts, and now most likely shorter than a K1 or K3????

Just looking for opinions here.... I have to go back and continue studying this new process!!!!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_colom_2fawl.gif

Our History

08/01/05 - The first day of our New Relationship!

10/27/05 - Six days in Barranquilla with my Novia.

01/27/06 - A week-long vacation in Cartagena with my Novia.

03/30/06 - Five days in Barranquilla, got Engaged!

05/20/06 - Vacation and Civil Wedding in Barranquilla... Newlyweds!!!!

08/02/06 - Upcoming week in Barranquilla with my Love!

CR-1 Process (I-130)

05/30/06 - I-130 sent to USCIS Texas Service Center

06/02/06 - I-130 received by USCIS Texas Service Center

06/22/06 - NOA1 notice date

06/26/06 - NOA1 received, Check was cashed, Touched

06/27/06 - Touched

K3 Process (I-129F Spouse)

06/26/06 - I-129F sent to USCIS Chicago

06/27/06 - I-129F received by USCIS Chicago

07/??/06 - Uhhh...where is that darn NOA1?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

As much of a mess as this IMBRA stuff is, it looks to be resolved shortly. Your best route is to wait until the new form is available and posted by USCIS. Then file for the K3 using the new I-129.

OOOPSSSS!!!!!! Dont respond here, sorry....

I reposted this into the K-3 forum where it should be!!!!

Moderator...can you delete this one please???????

Our History

CR-1 Process (I-130)

06/27/06 - Touched

bradentejas

It never hurts to cover the bases though. Whilst there is a hold up with the I-129F, there is no telling how much time this is going to add to the process once they start asking for the additional info as per the IMBRA requirements. There is also no telling how long it is going to take the I-130 to get through the service center......then there is on average 2-3 months through NVC. The I-130 could beat the I-129F to consulate or vice versa. The CR-1 for many has been a more viable option for a while now as on average it takes no where near the 2-3 years it used to, which is why the K-3 came about in the first place. Adjusting status in the US on the K-3 also makes the CR-1 more inviting. Our I-130 was approved very quickly through VSC back in October so we opted against the I-129F for the K-3. Things have slowed up a little compared to then but still they are relatively fast, considering this is the immigrant visa (for the green card).

All the best to you in whatever you decide to do.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

As much of a mess as this IMBRA stuff is, it looks to be resolved shortly. Your best route is to wait until the new form is available and posted by USCIS. Then file for the K3 using the new I-129.

How do you know it is going to be resolved shortly?? And when is this new form for the I-129f suppose to be coming out??? I would much prefer using the new form if it means not going through the IMBRA hassle. Is there a link somewhere where I can read up on this??

Thanks guys..

Laura Mitchell

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

How do you know it is going to be resolved shortly?? And when is this new form for the I-129f suppose to be coming out??? I would much prefer using the new form if it means not going through the IMBRA hassle. Is there a link somewhere where I can read up on this??

Thanks guys..

Laura Mitchell

There is reason to believe that the new I-129F will be available shortly going by the OMB and the emergency review that was conducted. How shortly is still a bit of a guess..could be couple more days or a week +. Link to DRAFT I-129F

Links to the OMB review etc are within the long IMBRA thread in the K-1 forum.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Aussiewench...

Thank you for your input. As much time as I have spent searching these forums, I have learned that you have a lot of valuable information! Thanks again!

I looked over the Draft, and see the changes. I DO see that this will add strife to my application because I had a K1 approved November of 2004 for my ex, who I divorced immediately and filed a fraud report on soon after she arrived. I am hoping and praying that this does not affect us if I opt for the K1 application also.

Any knowledge from anyone on WHERE we will be able to find out when the new process and paperwork is ready for submission for new applicants?

Our History

CR-1 Process (I-130)

06/27/06 - Touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Any knowledge from anyone on WHERE we will be able to find out when the new process and paperwork is ready for submission for new applicants?

That's the million dollar question. Since USCIS has not seen fit to provide petitioners with any information thus far, we have no idea.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.