trailmix

The great Canada forum recipe swap

52 posts in this topic

Yeah I didn't think the recipe everyone would make would really work, because of people who are doing low carb or whatever? Unless they modified it and had a whole wheat cracker instead of a pile of rice with their teriyaki?? The one recipe thing might be more fun, it's just with all the different tastes etc? Like if we chose an asian dish and someone hates asian food - we would have to shun them :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh. *big disappointed look on face* :(

Well, okay. I guess I'll play. post-21394-1232458686.gif

I knew I should have waited to start this thread when I was fully awake :lol:

I knew I should have waited until I was fully awake to even read it! :lol:

And remember. Rulz are made to be broken! :hehe:

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Yeah I didn't think the recipe everyone would make would really work, because of people who are doing low carb or whatever? Unless they modified it and had a whole wheat cracker instead of a pile of rice with their teriyaki?? The one recipe thing might be more fun, it's just with all the different tastes etc? Like if we chose an asian dish and someone hates asian food - we would have to shun them :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh. *big disappointed look on face* :(

Well, okay. I guess I'll play. post-21394-1232458686.gif

I knew I should have waited to start this thread when I was fully awake :lol:

I knew I should have waited until I was fully awake to even read it! :lol:

And remember. Rulz are made to be broken! :hehe:

That's my girl. :luv:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:rofl: You guys are totally cracking me up. I'm not for one second going to act like I understand the rules even though I've read them twice. :unsure: But count me in and I'll try not to kill you with health food. Krikit, I'll definitely do the soup recipe. If you like tortilla soup then it's definitely for you girl.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, I don't like rules!

Well basically how it would work is that we would get a list of people interested and pull buddies out of a hat. So basically if you and krikit were paired up - krikit would give you a recipe to try and you would give her one etc etc

Once everyone had a recipe to try - we would pick a day - say Feb 20th - that day we would all make the recipe we were individually given.

However! I'm game for whatever you guys want to try and the 1 recipe that everyone cooks on a certain day really appeals to me and maybe those of you on certain diet regimes could just modify (as everyone will anyway) and that will make it even more interesting!!

Timeline

Ah, I got it. Not sure why I understood it this time and not the other two times, but I'll chalk it up to being blonde. :blush:

I think it sounds like fun Trailmix. Great idea!

Timeline
Ah, I got it. Not sure why I understood it this time and not the other two times, but I'll chalk it up to being blonde. :blush:

weeeeeeeee!

You can chalk it up to the way I wrote it :lol:

Ok, this is good, we will go with 1 recipe - who else is in??

We will pick a day in February when krikit is available :lol:

weeeeeeeee!

:lol:

I'm in! :dance: But I am in Canada from February 11th to the 17th. I don't plan on doing much cooking before that date as I would like to empty out my fridge of anything perishable. Then my cousin and my daugher are arriving on the 19th for a week. But please feel free to go ahead without me if those dates are better for everyone else. I'll just join up in March. :)

iagree.gif

Timeline

weeeeeeeee!

I'm in! :dance: But I am in Canada from February 11th to the 17th. I don't plan on doing much cooking before that date as I would like to empty out my fridge of anything perishable. Then my cousin and my daugher are arriving on the 19th for a week. But please feel free to go ahead without me if those dates are better for everyone else. I'll just join up in March. :)

So basically you are free the 18th :lol:

Umm no, you have to be part of this sooo maybe we do it early Feb.

We need more people....come on :)

Edited by trailmix

Yeah. I can totally fit that in.

NOT!!!!!

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yeah. I can totally fit that in.

NOT!!!!!

:lol: You guys always crack me up. We could do this date dance forever. So, not to be left out, don't pick the 13th as I'm getting married that day. :dance: Also the 14th and 15th are "honeymoon weekend" so that's out too. Oh heck, that's when Krikit's gone anyway. The 26th is my <gulp> last birthday in my 30s. :crying: So, I'm not cooking that night either. I'm never sure how tone comes across in email, so if I haven't conveyed it well, I'm just kidding. You can pick any day you want and I'll work around it... except the wedding day. I think that day deserves two dancing guys. :dance::dancing:

:lol: You guys always crack me up. We could do this date dance forever. So, not to be left out, don't pick the 13th as I'm getting married that day. :dance: Also the 14th and 15th are "honeymoon weekend" so that's out too. Oh heck, that's when Krikit's gone anyway. The 26th is my <gulp> last birthday in my 30s. :crying: So, I'm not cooking that night either. I'm never sure how tone comes across in email, so if I haven't conveyed it well, I'm just kidding. You can pick any day you want and I'll work around it... except the wedding day. I think that day deserves two dancing guys. :dance::dancing:

Awwwwwwwwwwwww. :luv:

And don't cry about leaving your 30's! The 40's are AWESOME! :yes:

iagree.gif

Timeline

I was thinking we could have a cooking week.. just choose a week and then everyone could do it on whatever night they have free that week.. then we could all post pics on the same day perhaps.. it might be hard to get everyone to cook on the same night...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
I was thinking we could have a cooking week.. just choose a week and then everyone could do it on whatever night they have free that week.. then we could all post pics on the same day perhaps.. it might be hard to get everyone to cook on the same night...

I think that's a really good idea Em.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.