hheaven67

Employment Discrimination in the US

78 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well I think every one has given a lot of good suggestions. Honestly though, I have heard of employment agencies being very helpful to many people I know. It seems a little off to me that three different agencies all "sucked".

If you are qualified you will eventually get a position somewhere.

Good luck.

Yup, Google ACT1 or AppleOne, MANY out there screwing people over...MANY reviews on there...I'm now VERY sceptical...please remember, this wasn't all about finding a job but about EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION...that's what I was asking VJ members about...

Thanks...

Well as I stated (IMO) I don't see employment discrimination. I see a tough job market & the added hurdle of not being a US citizen. I know you are frustrated, but everyone was trying to be helpful when they responded.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I do think that Canadians should learn more about their own country. I'm sure it's quite fascinating in parts.

Huh? :blink: We learned about our own country! :bonk:

Oh yeah? What happened on February 30th in Canada? :P

Nothing. February only has 28 days.

lol.. yeah

me wonders if deadpool meant that as a trick question :lol:

Just trying to keep everyone on their toes! :ph34r:

Ahhhh, you have jokes. And here's me thinking you were such a serious dude. :P

Ooops! Looks like we may have hijacked hheaven's thread. Sorry, hheaven. :blush:

/thread hijack

I tend to make a lot of puns. My wife said that one day I'll say so many puns that she won't be able to "take it anymore" and toss me out the window. If I had a parachute, that'd be awesome.

Filed: Other Timeline

What floor do you live on? You might still survive even without a parachute. I read about a guy who fell I think it was 14 stories and survived. My hubby jumped out of a plane once when he was in the Marines and his chute didn't open. He survived. Spent a while in hospital though. ;)

When I got my EAD here I registered with a couple temp agencies in the area, and one never ever ever called me back. Never. And the other I took their tests, and whatnot and they told me about an interview and gave me bad directions to the place. I spent 20 minutes driving around town while talking on my cell phone with the agency trying to figure out where I was supposed to go. She refused to give me the phone number for the company so I could get directions from them. I missed my interview and cursed the woman on the phone and told her thanks but no thanks, I'll find a job on my own. She seriously did not know street names of her own home town so could not tell me how to find the place :P

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.