10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Eleven people were hanging on a rope, under a helicopter. 10 men and 1 woman. The rope was not strong enough to carry them all, so they decided that one had to leave, because otherwise they were all going to fall. They weren't able to choose that person, until the woman gave a very touching speech. She said that she would voluntarily let go of the rope, because, as a woman, she was used to giving up everything for her husband and kids or for men in general, and was used to always making sacrifices with little in return. As soon as she finished her speech, all the men started clapping .

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Working two jobs can be a great thing - until it comes to tax time - Sorry to hear, Honey - I can sympathize, think I am gonna get hit because of my OT this year.

Have you plasticked in your windows? That is a huge way to cut the heating costs -

How do you do this?

dont laugh :wacko:

:rofl:

Dat not nice :angry:

Shrewdie, it really does work when you do the windows - I used to do it when I lived in an old house, and use the blowdryer method - it made a huge difference in the heat.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Morning all. I am tired as heck becasue I took a sleeping pill last night but still went to bed late. I am going to have quite a day today. I have a 40 yo who is dying. He drank himself into liver and kidney failure and he is bleeding all over.

I hope you all have a wonderful and productive day.

Oh, Claire, I am sorry to hear that - My uncle did that - he had an esphogeal bleed - ended up 17 weeks in ICU and 7 surgeries =- but he pulled through and survived another year - it was like a gift, because we had a year of having my uncle back, and he got the time with his grandkids sober -

Good to hear about your uncle, but this guy is on his last. I am giving hime some blood products now and he is bleeding so much I am almost afraid to go in the room. I feel so bad for hi mother though. All I can do is give her a hug.

Claire..you have a heart of gold. (L)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Island congrats

Im glad to hear you made it back safe and sound and now the hard part is behind you. Are you excited?

@ Island, also were you nervous? i think after all the months of waiting for the interview im certain i would be a ball of nerves.. or have an upset stomach one...LOL

Timeline
Good Morning Everyone~

Looks like my day is going to be spent sledding! :wacko:

I'm telling you Patty - jump in the sled with her and bust down that hill. You will be giggling like school girl. :yes:

thanks honey!

A lady in my bible study's heating bill was $700 this month!

she keeps the thermostat on 67

What the heck!

i should probably do this before M gets home because my house is a cold mess!

especially the bedroom!

You should have no troubles keeping the bedroom warm Shrewie. :devil:

Filed: Timeline
Working two jobs can be a great thing - until it comes to tax time - Sorry to hear, Honey - I can sympathize, think I am gonna get hit because of my OT this year.

Have you plasticked in your windows? That is a huge way to cut the heating costs -

How do you do this?

dont laugh :wacko:

:rofl:

Dat not nice :angry:

Shrewdie, it really does work when you do the windows - I used to do it when I lived in an old house, and use the blowdryer method - it made a huge difference in the heat.

Shrewie knows I love her, I just laughed because she said not to.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Island congrats

Im glad to hear you made it back safe and sound and now the hard part is behind you. Are you excited?

@ Island, also were you nervous? i think after all the months of waiting for the interview im certain i would be a ball of nerves.. or have an upset stomach one...LOL

I'm excited but just chilling right now. Hard to answer about nervous - I had a few trial runs at it. I wasn't so much nervous about the interview as I was upset about not having the stuff and knowing we were going to get blueslipped. But each time I think somethings going to be a big deal it turns out okay. Just make sure you have all your stuff in order and you will be fine.

I definitely recommend attending the interview with them though - it made a big difference. She asked me more questions than she asked A. When she was asking about my kids he jumped in to answer them before I could! I asked him why later and he said these were supposed to be my questions, not yours!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
JAKES WHATS GOING ON

kool. i was applying for more jobs today. i hope i get it i think it would be perfect for me. it's with a non profit org. that does rehabilitation for disabled folks right here in gary. i will be working in the clerical dept. if i get the job. i hope the pay is reasonable.i am thinking of going back to school to due a degree in social work.

Evening All : )

Good luck with the job search Jakes....hope u get it! I've been a hospital social worker for the last 10 years but before I had my Master's Degree in social work, and did the hospital work...I did a bunch of entry level jobs in mental health. Like Roxie pointed out, u can atleast benefit from their tuition reimbursement plan if ur still interested in social work etc.

Hi Tnw, I am also a hospital social worker and currently work with adult and geriatric psych. PM me sometime.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Shaunsgal,how do you like the hospital setting?

i do residential social work, i was supposed to go see a client for a psych admit today, sposed to see him within 24 hours, but since i didnt go to work, im sure he will be fine, at least i know he isnt going anywhere...LOL

Island, did you feel as if you got any type of attitude or negative vibe from the interviewer? i tend to be anxious all the time anyway so i imagine i will be nervous. I will definitely go to the interview with him cause i would be a nervous wreck if i didnt. Are you going to fly back with A< or let him fly into New York by himself??

Timeline
Sometimes I have to kinda harden myself because I am always a bundle of nerves and emotions. Pt's make me cry all the time especially when they get better and come back and visit us. I took care of a 30 yo who lad a ton of surgery and I was her nurse for almost a week and I rallied along side her and when she wanted to give up I pushed her and pushed her. She came back one day and I was at lunch and she came looking for me in the cafeteria and brought me an angel. She told everyone that would listen tht I was her angel and started everyone bawling. I couldn't stand it.

It is times like this thathelps me though what I am dealing with today. :yes:

That's exactly the attitude that makes you a great nurse - I know when I worked in Human services, I had to focus on the little successes to make it through the bad days - it's not an easy task, though -

Thanks Sus :thumbs:

Timeline
lol@ claire

Why????? :unsure::unsure:

Morning all. I am tired as heck becasue I took a sleeping pill last night but still went to bed late. I am going to have quite a day today. I have a 40 yo who is dying. He drank himself into liver and kidney failure and he is bleeding all over.

I hope you all have a wonderful and productive day.

Oh, Claire, I am sorry to hear that - My uncle did that - he had an esphogeal bleed - ended up 17 weeks in ICU and 7 surgeries =- but he pulled through and survived another year - it was like a gift, because we had a year of having my uncle back, and he got the time with his grandkids sober -

Good to hear about your uncle, but this guy is on his last. I am giving hime some blood products now and he is bleeding so much I am almost afraid to go in the room. I feel so bad for hi mother though. All I can do is give her a hug.

Claire..you have a heart of gold. (L)

Thanks T :thumbs: I try. :innocent:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.