SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
TL;

Did you stay in section A all the time or did you go to Section C to wait to be interviewed?

We were in A the whole time (except to B for fingerprints) which threw me off. I did see a few people in Section C (I think it was that section - behind A, by the bathroom?)

Yes, Section A is near the bathroom. Section C is where you hear all the DRAMA.

Honey, the price may be high in April, because of Spring break...I would never travel again during spring break to Jamaica unless I had to. I thought they were going to have to lock me up on the flight.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This is an excerpt of the outgoing ambassador's interview with the Gleaner.

A close friend of the Bush family, LaGrange Johnson is now packing to leave and as she did when she first arrived, she sat with The Gleaner's Lifestyle Editor Barbara Ellington to reflect on the highs and lows of the tour.

Have you achieved all the objectives you set when you came? (See Ambassador LaGrange Johnson's first interview published February 27, 2006)

No, but some of the things we have accomplished have been fantastic, like this fabulous facility we now call home. When I arrived and saw where, for, the last 30 years, one of the major accomplishments is opening this US$100 million, 10-acre state-of-the-art complex, it will be a wonderful place for all our diplomats for years to come.

Another great accomplishment that we only recently achieved is finally getting the call centre for our embassy.

How is that going?

Excellent. We have gone from a 90-day backlog to getting immediate appointments. We are one of the 10-busiest consulates in the world. We used to be in the top-10 embassies with the longest wait for visa appointments, but that is now totally eliminated and the centre has only been in operation for just over a month.

An area of concern for me is to see our people in long lines in the sun outside the embassy. Are there plans in place to get a facility to house them in the shade while they wait?

Yes, there are plans, it's all a matter of budget and approvals, but we will definitely change that. We have architectural plans done already and we are awaiting funding. It's not just here in Jamaica, but also in Barbados and Haiti. When the designs are being done in Washington, they don't understand how the sun and rain can be crippling in the tropics, but we are going to change that.

It is being done in stages, but we are hoping to open the first section by September of this year. It is one of those projects that takes enormous funding and a lot is dependent on contributions. Some generous people have contributed so far, not just the State Department. This global economic meltdown will probably hinder some of it. So, my hope is that it will open in September.

On another note, following a recent visit to our embassy in Paris, where I saw tours and other activities involving the public, one of the things I would hope to see happen here in the future is a residence in closer proximity to this beautiful embassy compound. The commute from Stony Hill can be horrendous and time-consuming and there are times when I have to do it twice daily. Even with the nicest circumstances and the most wonderful driver, it is a waste of time. Thank goodness for BlackBerrys and cellphones, but from a work-ethic perspective, it would be beneficial that the ambassador lived closer to work. That's a goal for the future.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Can someone tell me the difference in high season and low season in JA?? cause i am seeing a quite an increase in the cost of prices for accomodations for the the time in april i am planning on going.

Honey is that time around Easter?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Island sometimes i wonder how the heck i will have the energy to go back to school but being in the social work field, i have no other options if i want to get ahead, though i have looked at even going back altogether to do something in a different field, like maybe in the medical field, like x ray tech or something like that.

Going back to school is not that bad once you get into the swing of it - and lots of major universities are now offering online programs and expedited courses, which makes it easier for working adults. I had a harder time when I had to go sit in class - especially classes like my math class, where I had snot nosed 18 year olds who shouted out the answer before I even read the problem, lol

yep @ Roxcie

Easter is a big time in Ochi, Honey - that might be why it's so high - Are you set on taking them then, or can you delay and take them after school lets out? You will do much better with rates -

Also, check bookit.com= I found some good deals on there, although I haven't used them personally

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lawny while im over here sitting on my tail i need to be doing something, cause i BE DAMNED if i pay another bill like that in the upcoming months, its just ridiculous. That is a basic necessity to live, so we dont freeze to death and yet and still it is to the point where its almost unaffordable.

my light bill is $454 :blink: im afraid hmmm that is outlandish out of control out of order im in bed now with a hoodie on and sweat pants and socks i said chris put on a hoodie and long johns he said he dont wear nuttin call long JOHN and no HOODie, change that to scoop over hahaha

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

yep @ Roxcie

Family and friends returning to clebrate Easter in JA. I think Spring break is in March. So look at a couple of the Univ's calendar to gaged when Spring break may start, and stay away from thoe dates too.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
TL;

Did you stay in section A all the time or did you go to Section C to wait to be interviewed?

We were in A the whole time (except to B for fingerprints) which threw me off. I did see a few people in Section C (I think it was that section - behind A, by the bathroom?)

Honey, the price may be high in April, because of Spring break...I would never travel again during spring break to Jamaica unless I had to. I thought they were going to have to lock me up on the flight.

there is another small room with windows by section A by the bathroom whats dat

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well i guess i gotta suck it up, cause i promised the kids a trip to JA to meet D< it is the time they are out of school, and i am off work, for 3 days . starting at passover, which is thursday, good friday, and the monday after easter, so in order for me to go to JA i would take only 2 days from my PTO bank, i would take off that wednesday the 8th and that following tuesday the 14th, in essence i would have a 6 or 7 day trip but only use 2 work days, that is why im doing at that time, plus my mom said next time you got to JAmaica take these kids with you...LOL.. so im kinda stuck and there dads mother is such a busybody i try to keep her out my business as much as possible. I cant tell you how many "business trips to Florida" i have taken in regards to her nosey tail....LOL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
BTW: good morning people!

I was up till midnight reading the yardies waiting for interviews thread below :blink:

Almost makes a person want to give up... then I remember the love...

Marlita your posts touched my heart (L) is your husband here now?

I am so grateful for this site!

So many here who support who understand.

(((VJ)))

Morning Princess - Trust me, we understand how it feels - and just when you feel like giving up, someone else has a success story that makes you realize it's worth it - Nothing good in life comes easy.

AMEN

I second that! AMEN!

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - President Gerald Ford

AOS Timeline (from B2)

12.31.08....Package Sent to Chicago

01.13.09....NOA1 received

03.14.09....Biometrics Appt

03.25.09....EAD Card Received

04.05.09....Interview Appt Received

05.07.09....Interview

05.07.09....APPROVED!!!

06.23.09....Conditional Green Card Received!!!!

Stepdaughter Consular Filing

01.27.10....I-130 Package sent to Chicago

02.08.10....NOA1 received

OtIZm5.png

TL;

:whistle:

JahLove, since no one has responded, we will call it "THE ROOM", you know it's the room, or the little c room

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
TL;

That room is for US citizen inquiries like change of address in JA for social security checks, or register to vote, etc.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.