CanGal

Preperations for Aos Interview

15 posts in this topic

Alright everyone. My AOS interview is in Memphis, TN in just under two weeks (23 June) and I have been currently trying to organize everything I have to take with me into a binder with plastic sleeves. This is what I've done so far.

Everything of real importance for the interview (All NOA's and NOA 2's from k-1 visa to AOS and EAD applications, Both mine and hubbies origional birth certicicates, police checks, marriage cert, etc are all up front) They are all in plastic sleeves and behind every section I have copies of everything easily having access to them

Then I have proof of our marriage section which includes our car insurance, health insurance, letter from our church, building contracts for our new house, bills in hubbies name but having same address, mail sent to me with same address.

Then I have the Marriage section which has some of my wedding gown reciets, our photographer contract still intact, An extra wedding invitation that I had left over, A laminated Thank you card that we gave everyone at the reception, Bridal shower cards, wedding cards.

Then I have a section where it's just stuff me and my hubby have sent eachother and such since we been married. This includes Birthday cards, letters, everyday cards, etc.

Then the Last bit is just Incedental stuff that includes Christmas cards sent to the both of us and other sorts of cards. Mail sent to the both of us. And at the back there is a small photo section I did up. And then we are also taking a wedding scrapbook and a small wedding photo book.

My affidavit of support and taxes are in a small plastic seperate duotang type thing so I can just hand it over in it's entirety with copies.

When it comes to cards and such I just have a few here and there from everything because if I put everyone of them in I'd be taking like 3 full binders, so what I have should suffice should it not? I don't know why i'm so nervous but I'm getting antsy about this silly interview. :) I hope it goes well

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think you have enough but why don't you have joint bank statements and/or joint credit cards and one last possibility life insurance with beneficiary designtion. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

We don't have joint bank statements because I'm still waiting on my SSN (which I yet not have and cannot get a bank acct without it here). As for credit cards, neither of us have one just because we never use them and don't like them to be around to be tempted to use them. As for life insurance, just don't have that either as of right now. But I do have health insurance through his work as his beneficiary.

ticker.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Bank accounts are number one for primary evidence. There are a lot of banks around that will take just a passport for your i.d. if your husband is the main account holder. We went to wells fargo and had no problems :thumbs:

Good luck!

Kat :luv:

I-130 for both parents

March 28th 2013 - Priority date/ NOA 1
November 14th 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center

January 7th 2014 - Case changed online to approved for both

January 8th 2014 - case changed to shipped to NVC

January 9th 2014 - case changed to NOA 2 mailed

January 10th 2014 - Received the hardcopy of the NOA 2 stating that NVC would issue a case number in 30 days approx.

January 21st 2014 - Case Received at NVC

February 26th 2014 - Case numbers and IIN number received - Wrong embassy code assigned...now waiting for new case numbers.

March 3rd 2014 - Filled in DS-261 for both parents

March 5th 2014- AOS available, paid and submitted AOS packet.

March 6th 2014 - USPS shows packet was delivered at NVC

March 10th 2014 - AOS shows as paid in the CEAC portal/AOS logged into system as being received by NVC.

March 11th 2014 - New case number assigned for my Dad.

March 20th 2014 - Paid IV fee for my Mum.

March 25th 2014 - AOS accepted by NVC with no checklist.

March 26th 2014 - Filled in and submitted DS-260 for my Mum

March 31st 2014 - AOS found in my Mum's file for my Dad - accepted and placed into his file/IV fee available for my Dad and Paid.

April 1st - Mailed all civil documents to NVC for both parents.

April 3rd: IV fee shows as paid in portal/submitted DS-260 for my Dad.

April 22nd: checklist issued for civil documents - NVC error ...

April 23rd: sent another certified copy of my marriage certificate

April 24th: Case complete! :)

April 30th 2014 - Medical scheduled for parents at Knightsbridge in London

June 11th: Interview at London Embassy - Approved :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Bank accounts are number one for primary evidence. There are a lot of banks around that will take just a passport for your i.d. if your husband is the main account holder. We went to wells fargo and had no problems :thumbs:

Good luck!

Kat :luv:

This is a very good idea. :thumbs:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

I've heard people on here though who state they in the same situation as me and that they just state they having difficulty because lack of ssn and or drivers license (which they tell me here i cannot get until i get permanent residency (GC) or lack of ssn. They seem to do alright in their interviews. There isn't much I can really do, we've been to 4-5 different banks and they tell us the same thing, either I need a drivers licence or ssn. I don't have either and I can't get the drivers license so they tell me and i'm tired of fighting with those people. I guess all I can do is the best with what I got.

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I've heard people on here though who state they in the same situation as me and that they just state they having difficulty because lack of ssn and or drivers license (which they tell me here i cannot get until i get permanent residency (GC) or lack of ssn. They seem to do alright in their interviews. There isn't much I can really do, we've been to 4-5 different banks and they tell us the same thing, either I need a drivers licence or ssn. I don't have either and I can't get the drivers license so they tell me and i'm tired of fighting with those people. I guess all I can do is the best with what I got.

Did they give you a denial letter? Such a letter could at least serve as a proof that you tried to open a joint bank account.

Did they give you a denial letter? Such a letter could at least serve as a proof that you tried to open a joint bank account.

No I have not. Should I? Now I'm getting kind of worried about this. I thought I'd be alright if I jsut explained well I don't yet have a SSN nor a Drivers license. Like I said I have alot of other things such as both car and health insurance, i'm on our new home building contracts, I have a letter from our church stating we are active members, I have myself on our townhome lease, I have mail addressed to both of us and seperately at the same address, I have pictures of everyday life and happenings and tons of wedding photo's etc.

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
No I have not. Should I? Now I'm getting kind of worried about this. I thought I'd be alright if I jsut explained well I don't yet have a SSN nor a Drivers license. Like I said I have alot of other things such as both car and health insurance, i'm on our new home building contracts, I have a letter from our church stating we are active members, I have myself on our townhome lease, I have mail addressed to both of us and seperately at the same address, I have pictures of everyday life and happenings and tons of wedding photo's etc.

Well, I had both the denial letter dated March 2006, and a joint bank statement for May. When we came to another branch of the same bank in May, they added me to my husband's account without any problems :hehe: I brought the denial letter that we got during our first trip to the bank in order to prove that we really tried to add me earlier, but were unable to.

However, during the interview we were not asked to present any of these documents. ;)

We were asked specifically for lease agreement, joint health insurance, 2005 tax return, and evidence of husband's current income (pay stubs and employment letter).

We also had a lot of papers which suggested that we live together: letters, post cards, library cards, fishing licenses showing the same address... Still, we were not asked to show them.

Well, I had both the denial letter dated March 2006, and a joint bank statement for May. When we came to another branch of the same bank in May, they added me to my husband's account without any problems I brought the denial letter that we got during our first trip to the bank in order to prove that we really tried to add me earlier, but were unable to.

However, during the interview we were not asked to present any of these documents.

We were asked specifically for lease agreement, joint health insurance, 2005 tax return, and evidence of husband's current income (pay stubs and employment letter).

We also had a lot of papers which suggested that we live together: letters, post cards, library cards, fishing licenses showing the same address... Still, we were not asked to show them.

Thanks :) I talked to hubby and he said that I shouldn't even worry about it. I dunno, I guess it can't hurt to get a denial letter but he's saying not to even worry about it. Well, if all else fails and things go wrong I guess I could always blame it on him :-p

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am sure you will be Ok without these - just explain to the interviewer that you couldn't get joint account beause of SSN pending when you tried. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am sure you have enough.

They didnt ask us for no proof of joint bank account.

The only thing they asked us for was, birth cert's and 2005 taxes.

But each office is different, but dont worry about not having that joint bank account.

I think you have plenty without it.

Thats just MO

Good Luck :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

best of luck to you... i am getting nervous myself because we are also scheduled for an interview this july 18 on memphis, tn too.

Alright everyone. My AOS interview is in Memphis, TN in just under two weeks (23 June) and I have been currently trying to organize everything I have to take with me into a binder with plastic sleeves. This is what I've done so far.

Everything of real importance for the interview (All NOA's and NOA 2's from k-1 visa to AOS and EAD applications, Both mine and hubbies origional birth certicicates, police checks, marriage cert, etc are all up front) They are all in plastic sleeves and behind every section I have copies of everything easily having access to them

Then I have proof of our marriage section which includes our car insurance, health insurance, letter from our church, building contracts for our new house, bills in hubbies name but having same address, mail sent to me with same address.

Then I have the Marriage section which has some of my wedding gown reciets, our photographer contract still intact, An extra wedding invitation that I had left over, A laminated Thank you card that we gave everyone at the reception, Bridal shower cards, wedding cards.

Then I have a section where it's just stuff me and my hubby have sent eachother and such since we been married. This includes Birthday cards, letters, everyday cards, etc.

Then the Last bit is just Incedental stuff that includes Christmas cards sent to the both of us and other sorts of cards. Mail sent to the both of us. And at the back there is a small photo section I did up. And then we are also taking a wedding scrapbook and a small wedding photo book.

My affidavit of support and taxes are in a small plastic seperate duotang type thing so I can just hand it over in it's entirety with copies.

When it comes to cards and such I just have a few here and there from everything because if I put everyone of them in I'd be taking like 3 full binders, so what I have should suffice should it not? I don't know why i'm so nervous but I'm getting antsy about this silly interview. :) I hope it goes well

i'm just curious... you said you don't have any SSN or driver's license yet. how come you got car insurance and house contract with your name in it... i came here under a work visa and cannot get my name to be included with the loan of our house... that's my concern. the loan of the house is only under my husband's name because they cannot put me on the loan because they said it's gonna be complicated. :(

Edited by janicecris

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

janicecris, I'm having the same question you do. I am trying my hardest to get proof that my husband and I have things together however, due to lack of SSN I can't get my name put on car insurance, the new house we are having built (it's under my husband and mother in laws name), or any credit cards my husband has. We don't have health insurance because we just can't afford it so I hope they don't want proof of that lol.

Terri

K3 Timeline

Oct. 12 2005 Applied for K3 (Day 1)

Jan. 9th 2006 Received packet 3 (Day 89)

Jan. 19th 2006 Sent back packet 3 (Day 99)

March 20th 2006 Received packet 4 (Day 159)

April 20th 2006 K3 Appointment in Montreal (Day 190)

April 21st 2006 Received K3 (Day 191)

April 22nd 2006 Arrived in Florida!!!!! (Day 192)

EAD Timeline

May 3rd 2006 Chicago receives my application (Day 1)

May 8th 2006 NOA received (Day 5)

May 22nd 2006 Biometrics appointment letter received (Day 19)

June 3rd 2006 Biometrics complete (Day 31)

June 13th 2006 EAD card received in Mail!!!!!!!!! (Day 41)

June 13th 2006 Applied for SSN (Day 41)

July 13th 2006 SSN card arrives in the mail (Day 71)

AOS Timeline

Oct. 30th 2006 Sent in our paperwork to Chicago (Day 1)

Nov. 11th 2006 NOA Received (Day 12)

Nov. 13th 2006 Touched (Day 14)

Nov. 18th 2006 Biometrics taken (Day 19)

Dec. 14th 2006 Case transferred to California (Day 45)

Dec. 31st 2006 File arrived in California (Day 62)

Jan. 20th 2007 Touched (Day 82)

May 8th 2007 Case trasnferred to National Benefits Center (Day 190)

May 16th 2007 Case arrived at National Benefits Center (Day 198)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.